Isramod - Israel as playable civ

Sorry, I don"t know if anyone else suggested this, but what about Krav Maga trained agents for Unique Unit. Also, is there anything going on with this mod anymore? More leaders, new buildings?? Temple of Solomon great wonder? I don't care what all the others have said about it being a stupid idea to include the Israelis as a civilization, Just because in history the Hebrew people didn't have a capital city anymore for along time doesn't mean the culture died. In fact the culture itself stayed around much longer than alot of European cultures. Just my opinion. Great idea, love to see more done with it.

*singing* Dovid! Melech Yisroel! Chai! Chai! Vikayam! (Dovid, King of Israel, lives forever!) :lol:

Anyway, A feature I suggest: Editing the Jewish Missionary to be called "Rabbi" with the units info talking about how the Rabbi's job is to unite the Jews in (your/his city here) into a community, thus giving it a significant presense in the city.

I guess you could leave the synagogue name...although I like "Shul" better.

Rename "Jewish Seminary" to "Yeshiva"

Can anyone think of a good way to add the idea of kibbutzim (is that the correct noun?) to the game?

Since civ 3 I have often thought this would be a useful unit, could build a town and instantly provide somekind of defensive and cultural bonus.. (if i recall, this was the idea of a kibbutz, to send communities out to build towns whilst using communal living to free up people for military and building work.

Perhaps a modified settler with large build time that once activated (set to build) would provide a basic unit (do we still have "conscript" level in civ4) and possibly a slight extension to the default culture (not fully developed but some increased culture, or at least a food bonus in the early stages?

I have played with one Israeli mod (civ 3) that didnt have this, but do not have the nouse or time to do this myslef (okay, im a lazy b*gger).

Also, does anyone else think this would be a good special unit? Sorry to ask other about this, but you folks seem t understand the history of this nation better than myself and also understand the whole modding thing better.

Mazel Tov

Kibbutzim could be modded as a specific Urban Upgrade, Like the granary or something that increases food, but also a social benefit, like hospitals, that can add to a cities happiness factor.

Anyway, great Ideas.

Nice to see fellow yehudim getting represented in Civ;)

Lehitraot

Shai Shammai

I think Israel should just get one free tech: Monotheism. The UU could be something that starts with amphibious (since God has a knack for turning rivers on and off) and gets an attack bonus against cities with heathen religions. This unit, however, could only be built in cities where Judaism is the only religion present.

I think that would be fairly faithful to the Biblical story, and also provide some interesting game play. You could greatly weaken Israel by undermining its religious integrity, just as in the OT.

Oh, I also think this Civ should have an enhanced chance of breaking into two kingdoms.

I also think there are lots of awesome things to have David say during diplomacy.

"Saul has slain his thousands! David his tens of thousands!"
"Do not provoke me to number the house of Israel!"
"Ho ho ho! Now I have a sling! Please stand very still."
"We should not let [enemy leader]'s grey head go down to the grave in peace. Care to help me punish him with desert thorns and briars?"

Oh, one other thing. I think that even though Israel starts out with Judaism, they shouldn't be able to accrue great prophet points while at war. That would fit with how David wasn't able to build the Temple of Solomon because he had "shed blood abundantly, and...made great wars."

Ho Ho, first post here.

First off, no one is mentioning what the UB would be. The kibbutzim would work as one (someone might have mentioned something like that already).

I like the idea of a Slinger as a replacement archer with bonus vs. cavs.
There is appeal in a late-game UU too though.
Whatever you do, put the UB in one era, and the UU in the other.

Perhaps a slinger UU and a spy agency UB.

Ok, sorry about the consecutive posts but here goes:

Leaders:
David: Spiritual, Agressive
Some modern leader (not to well versed in isreali political history): Financial Protective

UU:
Slinger: Replaces Archer, 4 power, 1 move, retains city defense bonus, loses hills bonus, +50% vs. cavs.

UB:
Mossad: Replaces Security Bureau, don't know the stats of the original to be able to modify them.

Starting techs: Mystic and Hunting (leads to AH and Archery)

Why not Ariel Sharon, was one of the best Israeli leaders of his time, one of the few modern prime ministers who served in the army as a General. He can be Aggressive, and a military bonus, i forgot what its called. Even the USA doesnt have many leaders anymore who served in the military, Sharon is a rarity. UUs can be perhaps Merkava or Sayeret(IDF Special Forces) or Mossad(Spy/Assasin/SecurityForce) or F16i (Israeli modified american fighter jet.) and other ones already listed.

And starting techs would be nice to give them monotheisim in order to be guaranteed as Judaism as their religion, and perhaps another more defence and military oriented tech.

Awesome mod. Ill combine this with Nazi Germany mod for the ultimate showdown! In fact, Ill throw in Isabella, Ragnar, and Stalin, and we'll have a slobberknocker.

I agree. Israel is one of the strongest nations today and definetaly was strong in earlier times. This mod isnt good enough since I also like other mods.

I can understand it. Israel has had a huge cultural impact, but let's face it, it was not strong at all in earlier times; ancient Israel was pretty much consistently at the mercy of its more advanced neighbours. Egypt, Babylon, Greece, Rome. A who's who of the ancient world is also a list of conquerors of Israel. The triumphs of ancient Israel are purely provincial, totally limited to victories over similarly minor powers of the Levant. In the modern world, it is considerably more secure; but has only existed a few decades and is not independantly secure by any means.

The duration of the culture and its enormous cultural/religious impact is certainly sufficient reason for its inclusion. Its fragility is not exceptional if you look at some of the other civs that have been included.

Israel is one of the strongest nations

It is very funny. Especially from 2006 Lebanon war, which was totaly lost, as well as today's muppet leaders..
Leader's balls is very important too, because power of country is cummulative with many factors.

^^ can you explain why you think Israel lost to Lebanon during 2006 war?

Lol, Israel killed hundreds hundreds lebanese terrorists and thousands of civilians while Israel's side less than 200...

But if, Israel didnt fight against only Hezbulah but all of Lebanon, then of course, one day war, Israel would take all of Lebanese lands and put under Israel's control...

Lol... your crazy!

Mod is good but the correct name of this civilization is Al-dawla al-mazzuma.

I know its a Necro but ....

Kingdom of Israel.

Starting techs: Mining and Mysticism

David (Agg/Exp)-> fav civic Hereditary Rule

Solomon (Spi/Phi)-> fav civic Organized Religion

Netanyahu (Pro/Org)-> fav civic Police State

UUs

Slinger(archer) 3str +50% vs mounted

Ivriim(sword) 6 str +20% city attack, -6% bombard city defense. Copper or Iron.

Mossad(paratrooper) normal unit, plus the commando promotion

Unique Buildings

Mossad Agency(airport) +5 air exp, +2 land exp

Jewish Temple-> reg. +2 commerce

Jewish Monastery-> reg. +1 hammer

Synagogue-> reg. +50% military production (or +25% prod and +25% mil prod)

Top Bottom