Jabarto's Map Conversion Center

Here is a screenshot from an older game I played:
Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG

I know I said I was through with ROM, but I, like many others, I assume, have severely underestimated its stranglehold on my soul. And thanks to Afforess's modmods, my interest has been rekindled, so here I am. Again. :)

In order to test the speed improvemnts that Afforess has made with his modmods, I need a giant map to play on. And, as you may know, I usually play scenarios. So I converted my own 250x80 Eurasia map to ROM standards, albeit a little hastily as I"m eager to play. Anyway, here it is.

I know I said I was through with ROM, but I, like many others, I assume, have severely underestimated its stranglehold on my soul. And thanks to Afforess's modmods, my interest has been rekindled, so here I am. Again. :)

In order to test the speed improvemnts that Afforess has made with his modmods, I need a giant map to play on. And, as you may know, I usually play scenarios. So I converted my own 250x80 Eurasia map to ROM standards, albeit a little hastily as I"m eager to play. Anyway, here it is.

Cool!

Oh, btw, can you update your first post to include all maps? (And check if these old maps are still compatible with 2.8) Leave attachments in their posts but link to the posts that have attachments to cool maps.
That way, a player who like to play scenarios from time tome can download a new scenario made by you :D.

If you can't beat them, join them. RoMulanians (as Afforess said) taking over.

Gonna play your new map asap. I hope its size won't kill my system...

Cool!

Oh, btw, can you update your first post to include all maps? (And check if these old maps are still compatible with 2.8) Leave attachments in their posts but link to the posts that have attachments to cool maps.
That way, a player who like to play scenarios from time tome can download a new scenario made by you :D.

They should be compatible, but I'll check. And it might honestly be easier to just reupload them in a single package in the OP, so that's probably what I'll do.

Yeah! Jabarto has come home! :D

<Happy Dance> New Maps! <Happy Dance>

JosEPh :D

I just tried it as Carthage, had fun dominating the mediteranean. I think resources are placed quite well, historically accurate so far as I can see. Only thing I would like to see is to give Sicily and Crete 2 more tiles. I know you tried to keep the distances like in reality but for gods sake, Africa seems much too large, Europe absolutely small compared to that. If you give sicily a mountain right to the edge of the mainland and a middle/northern tile, too, that would be great, Crete could use one/two tiles to the east.

Keep up the good work!

Yeah! Jabarto has come home! :D

<Happy Dance> New Maps! <Happy Dance>

JosEPh :D

Well, thank ye kindly for the warm welcome! :D

Would you be able to add Preplaced Accurate Recources on the Italia Map? I would hope to make a scenario from it.

Doesn't sound too hard. I'll see what I can do.

I just tried it as Carthage, had fun dominating the mediteranean. I think resources are placed quite well, historically accurate so far as I can see. Only thing I would like to see is to give Sicily and Crete 2 more tiles. I know you tried to keep the distances like in reality but for gods sake, Africa seems much too large, Europe absolutely small compared to that. If you give sicily a mountain right to the edge of the mainland and a middle/northern tile, too, that would be great, Crete could use one/two tiles to the east.

Keep up the good work!

Yeah, Africa kind of throws a wrench into everything because it's so big. I'm not totally sure how to handle it.

Now, I know I've said I was going to do scenarios in the past, and failed. But I've got some ideas in that department. Again. :D

The first one is one of my alt-history ideas. The concept is that the Viking colonization of Vinland succeeded and there is now a small colony on that little island in Canada whose name I can't remember. This one, I think, has the potential to be interesting because you have the established native American civilizations and tribes agasint the fledgling but more advanced Norse colony, and everyone will have to deal with lots and lots of barbarians. Also, since I'll need to prepare a map for this, it'll give me an excuse to add yet another one to my map pack.

My other idea, on which I've already begun work, is a 1000AD scenario set on Rhye's earth map w/ enlarged Europe. I'm not as thrilled with this one, because it's hard to represent so many factions on that map, but at least it's realistic. I could post a screenshot of it if any of you are curious.

So that's about it. I'm gonig to try my Vinland idea first, so that even if the scenario - or both of them - flop, I'll at least have a newly converted map for you guys. :)

ooo goodie, i am going to make some scenario's too (200 BC GEM, 1500 AD GEM, GEMAH (My One) and a few of Jabarto's) so now RoM will have a lot more choice!

I dont know if you have found this yet, but it is great for making historically accurate Scen's: World History Maps

ooo goodie, i am going to make some scenario's too (200 BC GEM, 1500 AD GEM, GEMAH (My One) and a few of Jabarto's) so now RoM will have a lot more choice!

I dont know if you have found this yet, but it is great for making historically accurate Scen's: World History Maps

Yes, I'm very familiar with that site. I'm co-creating an EU3 mod based off one of those maps. :)

Anyway, I just realized something. Leif Ericson's expedition to America lines up exactly with my 1000AD scenario. I'm thinking I might just scrap the Vinland idea, at least for the moment, and finish my 1000AD one.

If you could adapt 1500 AD GEM to ROM I'd be forever thankful! I'd do it, but I don't think I have the necessary knowledge... :( Is there anything one would need to do besides updating the techs for each civ, and the civilizations themselves?

I am planing to do that, but it may take a while till i get to it (will do 200AD first).

ps: any news on a Italia Map with accurate recourses?

Well, as it turns out, finding out about accurate resource allocation in that region is harder than I thought. I don't know if I'll be able to do this unless someone can provide a link or something that would help.

On a more positive note, my scenario is progressing nicely. I did have to restart it, as I decided to base it off GEM and not Rhye's map, but I think the setback was worth it. Here's a screenshot of Europe as it stands.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o81/jabarto/Civ4ScreenShot0000-1.jpg

Well, as it turns out, finding out about accurate resource allocation in that region is harder than I thought. I don't know if I'll be able to do this unless someone can provide a link or something that would help.

yeah i tried looking for information on that too, but even wikipedia came short! i will continue looking for information.

On a more positive note, my scenario is progressing nicely. I did have to restart it, as I decided to base it off GEM and not Rhye's map, but I think the setback was worth it. Here's a screenshot of Europe as it stands.

looks good, but the independant cities on your map shouldnt be barbarian but various independant civs (european Minors, African Minors...) so that they are not taken too quickly but also not too revolutionary unstable (which you would get with 1 big minor civ) glad you went with GEM, it allows for much more detail and fun.

can you please create accurate map for Indonesia and all neighbor countries for RoM?
I've tried to use existing Indonesia map for RoM but always crash :(

Hi,

I've been searching throughout the forum, but it's hard to find, i'm french, but still pretty sure it has already been asked and answered

It's about an earth map for ROM 2.81 normal size or standard size, for lower computers, and no preset civ, si I can decide which ones to take and open early the scenario editor to edit myself start locations

I've been trying to build the map myself, but I find yours really nice, like the giant one, and I would like the same one but smaller. When I create an earth map with smart map, europe for example is ridiculous

Thanks a lot, and sorry if someone has already answered that

Could you make a randomly placed Europe map(like the un-modded one in BTS)?

What size? It's pretty easy to make a map with randomly placed resources/civs, so I think I'll take this one on.

can you please create accurate map for Indonesia and all neighbor countries for RoM?
I've tried to use existing Indonesia map for RoM but always crash :(

If there's an existing one, link it and I'll convert it.

Hi,

I've been searching throughout the forum, but it's hard to find, i'm french, but still pretty sure it has already been asked and answered

It's about an earth map for ROM 2.81 normal size or standard size, for lower computers, and no preset civ, si I can decide which ones to take and open early the scenario editor to edit myself start locations

I've been trying to build the map myself, but I find yours really nice, like the giant one, and I would like the same one but smaller. When I create an earth map with smart map, europe for example is ridiculous

Thanks a lot, and sorry if someone has already answered that

Hm, I need some practice making realistic maps. Maybe I'll try making one from scratch. If not, there's a standard Earth map in the maps section I could convert.

And sorry, all, for my inactivity. I've been caught up playing Morrowind, Titan Quest and Dragon Age lately, and what little time I"ve spent on Civ has been for my other works. I'm feeling productive today, though.

Top Bottom