Japan sucession game

Hold on for a second - I haven't jumped the game yet. I've been in Greensboro, North Carolina at the ACC Women's Basketball Tournament since Friday, so I haven't been able to respond to anything. There's no reason to give up on a game just because we don't like the way everything is going. Yes, it's painfully clear that some mistakes were made but unless interest has really died out the game should continue. Since the turns are longer now, I would suggest playing 10-15 instead of 20. Chieftess will be up next in the rotation.

For in-game suggestions: build Theory of Evolution to pass AI in tech (finally). I seriously doubt any others will get it before us. If at all possible, we should build Hoover's just to deny to other civs, but since that's unlikely, don't worry about it. I also really think it would be a good idea to take Persepolis as soon as possible because it has a TON of good wonders in it, and a war with Persia gives us the opportunity for a great leader. It is probably better to wait until we have tanks for this though. Remember that we can have war with them whenever we want just by asking them to leave our territory. If all else fails, we build the UN, bribe the civs we haven't fought wars with, and go for a diplomatic victory (and kill Babylon before the vote...)

Honorable Sulla-san:

Um er y'see {cough}. The point of my previous post is that

WE CAN'T BUILD HOOVER UNDER ANY SET OF CIRCUMSTANCES

IMPOSSIBLE! CAN'T DO IT! NOT PRUDENT! A NO-NO!

the only cities with rivers are on the other continent, which have impossibly low production. We could build hoover over there if we had the forbidden palace but that's not due for 60 turns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We should thing LONG AND HARD before taking electronics with theory of evolution. We should ONLY buy it to broker it, UNLESS we start a war, get a great leader, and rush the palace.

(stepping off soapbox)

Welcome back Sulla. How did your team do?
:king:

Errr, well yes, I know we can't build the Hoover Dam under the current system. I said to build it if possible only for denial value - which assumes that before we got Electronics we would have popped out a great leader for our Forbidden Palace somewhere. Not likely, but theoretically possible. I still stand by taking Electronics from Theory of Evolution, because otherwise we get a worthless tech like Combustion. Electronics, requiring more beakers to research, will get much more cash from other civs than the techs at the top of the ladder. And the goal from Theory of Evolution is to get techs no one else has, sell them for mucho $$$ and use that money to get further ahead in tech. And I also stand by my desire to take Persepolis soon to get Sun Tzu, Leo's Workshop (upgrade all those rifles cheap), and Smith's (they are all right there).

On a side note, the women's basketball team (I'm in the University of Maryland's Pep Band, by the way) was seeded eighth out of nine teams in the ACC tournament. They won their first game against the #7 team Wake Forest and lost the second game to #2 North Carolina. Thus I am back in College Park today to respond to comments on the CivFanatics boards. :king:

So, are we going to try and finish this one, or just let it die out?

I'd like to continue the game, and I believe it is Chieftess' turn. Sorry for not posting sooner, but I have been stuck the past week taking a test the oh-so wise state of NJ requires students to pass in order to graduate. :mad:

However, it is now over so I should be back for a while. :D

If no one responds within a week, I think we should consider this game dead. So, if this is not desired, someone should definitely post.

What do you think (if anyone is still out there)?
:confused:

I think anyone involved in this game should respond by posting with their level of interest remaining in this game. I would be willing to continue, though I'm not enthusiastic about it. Also, this game should be opened to any new players interested - if there are any. Hoping for the other players (other than Dygig) to offer their feedback soon.

I'm still in.

I think the game is getting challenging -- we're gonna get a wonder that puts us ahead in the tech race, and some time, maybe, we'll get a forbidden palace.

I'm in.

Well, that's me, AndyB, and a luke-warm Sulla. All that leaves is Chieftess and/or new players. If Chieftess dosen't go, who wants to move this along? :crazyeye:

I guess so... (I'm in the same position as Sulla) :)

Top Bottom