JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

My list of mods would be all your civilizations, Cultural Diversity, Ethnic Units, Events & Decisions, Historical Religions, Unique Cultural Influence, Civ IV Traits

More Civs' Polynesia split, India split, Kilwa, Burma, Nazca, Sámi, Mexico, Buccaneers, Phoenicia, Khmer, Tuscany, Scotland, Oman, Ayyubids, Thracians, Tibet, Gauls
Leugi's Philistines, Mapuche, Haiti
Tomatekh's Goths, Champa, Garamantes, Benin, Sumer, Mali, Kongo, Caral, Sioux, Hittites, Timurids, Harappa, Kievan Rus'
Light in the East's Safavids
Colonialist Legacies' Blackfoot, Cree, Vietnam

My database.log is as follows:
[772508.984] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[772508.984] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[772511.359] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[772512.484] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[772515.125] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[772515.125] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[772516.109] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[772522.359]
-- SQLite Memory Statistics --
Memory Usage:
[Cur] [Max]
Malloc: 6246552 75809144
PageCache: 6 12
LookAside: 0 0
Scratch: 0 1

Static Buffer Overflows:
[TooLarge] [NoSpace]
PageCache: 5831784 62904240
Scratch: 0 0

Largest Allocations:
Malloc: 262144
PageCache: 1172
Scratch: 6640

Prepared Statements:
Current: 6
------------------------------
[772522.843]
-- SQLite Memory Statistics --
Memory Usage:
[Cur] [Max]
Malloc: 6247728 75809144
PageCache: 6 12
LookAside: 0 0
Scratch: 0 1

Static Buffer Overflows:
[TooLarge] [NoSpace]
PageCache: 5832960 62904240
Scratch: 0 0

Largest Allocations:
Malloc: 262144
PageCache: 1172
Scratch: 6640

Prepared Statements:
Current: 6
------------------------------

I always check whether mods should be updated before I start playing, so I don't think it's outdated.

Unfortunately, you don't appear to have logging enabled, so that doesn't tell me much. See here

Khazaria updated for YnAEMP v23 and ExCE

Download | Subscribe

Also, Nicholas updated to correct the oversight that one wouldn't receive two of the UU when upgrading from the Rifleman to it.

JFD!!!
Shul is Yiddish for school! What does it have to do the Khazars or with gold?

A Shul is a Synagogue, a Synagogue is a Jewish place of community, Jews have an important history associated with merchantry (often, if not exclusively, the reason they were accepted into European cities, when they were), and Khazars uniquely adopted Judaism as their State Religion, which allowed them to remain neutral between the Muslim Caliphate and the Orthodox Byzanitum that they were trapped between (meaning trade could flow both ways with ease).

Lenin updated and added to the Alt Leaders pack (sorry):

Spoiler :

• Added P&P, unique cultural influence, YnAEMP v23, ExCE, CulDiv, Map Labels, and E&D support
  • Clarified in the help text that there is a 15% cap for the Commissariat's growth bonus
  • Reduced commissariat bonus to cap at 15%, and food boost is based upon every 2 production output
  • Reduced Levy cost even further, to compensate the loss of the ability to upgrade from the worker
  • New UA
  • New leaderscene by Leugi

Download | Subscribe

Decisions:

Spoiler :

Events are the same as for Stalin. Don't like it? Don't be Lenin.

EDIT: ninja'd

Spoiler :
JFD!!!
Shul is Yiddish for school! What does it have to do the Khazars or with gold?

Didn't you ask about this awhile back already? (Although the UB might've still been named 'Synagogue' at that time). Anyways, the Khazars converted to Judaism for a period of time, and this version of Khazaria more or less represents that aspect and time in Khazar history, hence why the Shul is the UB and Judaism is the preferred religion of the civ (The name is Shul now, instead of Synagogue, to avoid conflicts with other mods I believe). Though there's still some doubts about their conversion to Judaism, it's still something very interesting to represent in the civ (That and there's not really any other civs in the vanilla game that actually use some of the religions. Might as well use them or they'll go to waste) ;)

As for the money aspect, I believe that's because commerce (I use that word lightly) was an aspect of temples back in the day. Not 100% sure on that though.

So I've been thinking that the vanilla Sweden UA could fit a Sweden-Norway civ. I think this could be a civ you could consider doing, seeing how that UA will disappear with your Karl XII/Gustav Adolf revision, and at least I really like Sweden's trait. Thoughts?

You'll be hard pressed to find a non-militaristic King of Sweden and Norway that is also of note, I expect. Oscar II looks the best candidate, though. But no, I can't consider it.

Not me. I don't take my modding schedule so seriously that I would consider there to be a schedule in the first place, so it's easily shuffled around. But it's too much to expect of Jan, who has a fuller RL schedule than I do atm, who does work for not only I, but More Civs and various other mod authors; not to mention for real employers . It seems a waste of his time and talents, and an unfair amount of pressure, to do, or even to consider, an Oscar II civ - no disrespectful to the King, but Oscar would be just an otherwise generic stand-in for a Sweden-Norway civ, which would be done just to give a home to the vanilla UA of Sweden, for which it seems an extreme amount of work. All things considered, it simply can't be justified. And hell, I want an end to this endless civ-making, too :p

Gustav's revised UA can always be disabled.

Back way back when, after Sweden, Pope, and Austria-Hungary, I had planned a Haakon VII Norway.

See, I had a leader icon ready and everything :lol:

Spoiler :

I was going to make them light green for some reason, though... :cringe:

Yes! Roads in one turn! OP factories!
(Liberty and order, liberty and order)

And also: how can Sukritact assassinate you? Where are the oprichinki? (That's the name, right? I'm from Russian speaking family but i have no idea how to pronounce it :p)

Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember you asking this same thing the last time these guys were updated. And it was answered back then.

EDIT: ninja'd

Spoiler :

Didn't you ask about this awhile back already? (Although the UB might've still been named 'Synagogue' at that time). Anyways, the Khazars converted to Judaism for a period of time, and this version of Khazaria more or less represents that aspect and time in Khazar history, hence why the Shul is the UB and Judaism is the preferred religion of the civ (The name is Shul now, instead of Synagogue, to avoid conflicts with other mods I believe). Though there's still some doubts about their conversion to Judaism, it's still something very interesting to represent in the civ (That and there's not really any other civs in the vanilla game that actually use some of the religions. Might as well use them or they'll go to waste) ;)

As for the money aspect, I believe that's because commerce (I use that word lightly) was an aspect of temples back in the day. Not 100% sure on that though.
Again. Is fixing me is that fun?:p

Since JFD is the Civ V community's go-to guy for Russian civs, what are the odds of a Soviet Union civ led by Gorbachev or Khrushchev?

Oh boy. Guess my talk about the whole "proposing new civs" thing was glossed over :lol: Well, Lenin was hard enough to get through because I find him so dull and treacherous. Gorbachev and Khrushchev are a little less treacherous, but probably more dull; granted Khrushchev would be an opportunity for a science-based Russia. I think Viregel was going to do one of them, anyway. I'll stick to Imperial Russia, I think ;) But I'll let Muscovy and Novogord cool off with some Balkan, Swedish, and English civs before I consider expanding my Russian resume.

Oh boy. Guess my talk about the whole "proposing new civs" thing was glossed over :lol:

I'm waiting for people to eventually request you to do every single Russian leader that has ever existed. :p

(Come to think of it, did you ever entertain the thought of a Rasputin-lead civ? I vaguely recall some discussion of him in the past...)

Well, Rasputin wasn't a political figure in any sense of the word. He wasn't even a monk. He was just a random mystic peasant/satan.

And I would never do a Rasputin led-civ regardless, let alone consider it. He was nothing but a blight upon the Imperial government, and I couldn't in good conscience have anything to do with him.

Dammit, I miss Stolypin :cry:

Top Bottom