JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

A question about Bohemia's UA, does Bohemia need to be allied to the City-State who follows Bohemia's religion to gain that extra delegate?
Also, If Bohemia does not found a religion, does that make a difference?

Good thing to know if I am spreading my religion...I may not want it to become Bohemia's majority....

A question about Bohemia's UA, does Bohemia need to be allied to the City-State who follows Bohemia's religion to gain that extra delegate?

Good thing to know if I am spreading my religion...I may not want it to become Bohemia's majority....

You get the delegate even if you're not allied. I was playing next to Alexander the whole game which is rough for that Civ unless it worked that way.

One thing I would have done differently than I did was not advance eras as fast and get more great prophets and focus on faith. I didn't do that as much because I had a faith natural wonder, and wasn't sure about if the spreading even if not allied worked.

It would have been much smarter to focus on getting every city state.

I had a religion, not sure if it works if you don't get one.

JFD did you plan on posting that Polynesia TSL map here? Would really be interested in playing it.

Yup, I'll post it later today.

So I just got a World Event notice:

"A philosophical debate on the cuddliness of kittens is ongoing in the Papal State."

:p

Yes. Twice.

I mean to lower the frequency of those events. America was telling me about their independence day celebrations about six times :lol:

You don't need to be allied to get the delegate; this is actually an oversight, but maybe it's preferable?

You don't need to found the religion; just needs to be the religion present in your Capital. Good for P&P :p
I'm guessing that's from the Papal States mod? Gotta download it now!

Actually, it's from Cultural Diversity. That event is the Mediterranean shared event (what the debate is on is random between ten different topics).

Actually, it's from Cultural Diversity. That event is the Mediterranean shared event (what the debate is on is random between ten different topics).

It may be shallow of me to become interested in a mod because of kittens, but it has now piqued my interest. I hadn't downloaded Cultural Diversity yet because most of the time I'm playing with fictional mods, but I've gotten more and more curious about it as it's grown... I'll have to hop over to its thread and see just how adaptable it is. :p

This has been on my mind for a while, but am I the only one who thinks that the Ship of the Line doesn't fit Victoria that much? In my opinion something like the Warrior-class ironclad fits her much better.

This has been on my mind for a while, but am I the only one who thinks that the Ship of the Line doesn't fit Victoria that much? In my opinion something like the Warrior-class ironclad fits her much better.

I don't find it to be an issue, especially because there's no place to re-assign the Ship of the Line to. In history, ships of the line were used well into the 1850's, the British (and the French) just fitted them with steam engines over time. Such ships were still used in the Crimean War.

Ironclads in the Royal Navy weren't that numerous, and their types were changing very rapidly over the period from 1860 to 1880/90, when standarised types of pre-dreadnought battleships started to appear en masse. It would certainly be interesting to give Victoria an ironclad, but for now there's not a big reason to - SotL serves its purpose in this civ.

(unless it was made a regular unit for all civs in the Industrial Era, which is just an appropriate thing to do :mischief: )

I'm not willing to add any more new civs to my intended plan, unless that civ is utterly, magnificently, stupendously compelling, and even then I'll look for any excuse to avoid it.

This is from a British perspective though, how could it possibly be boring? :p The UK in the Napoleonic Wars is something that's not really been done in Civ, though it probably is a bit overkill if you're splitting it that much. A pre-Tudor England could be interesting, though. I would make these myself, but I'd spell everything incorrectly. :p (Excuse of the century right there)

This is from a British perspective though, how could it possibly be boring? :p The UK in the Napoleonic Wars is something that's not really been done in Civ, though it probably is a bit overkill if you're splitting it that much. A pre-Tudor England could be interesting, though. I would make these myself, but I'd spell everything incorrectly. :p (Excuse of the century right there)

I'm not willing to add any more new civs to my intended plan, unless that civ is utterly, magnificently, stupendously compelling, and even then I'll look for any excuse to avoid it.

Ahem. I'm trying to cut back :p

Top Bottom