JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

I like that the WWI civ has a Battleship replacement that comes after the Battleship replacement of the same WWII variant of the civ.

That was a dirty pun Senshi. I hate that I reluctantly like it :(.

Hey, constitution is my second highest stat! I can manage!
Seriously, though, I'm probably never gonna download the CP, especially because at least two reddit guys I know claim it broke their copy of the game after trying to uninstall it. Not that this should affect you in any way, I mean, it's your mod, you're doing the work, I'm just a guy who sometimes does colour schemes. But I think you already know that as well :p

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say that they probably installed the CBP with EUI, uninstalled it, but didn't realise they needed to delete the remaining EUI files, which are added to the core game directory. But you don't need the CBP to use any of my mods - only the CP, which, as Tarcisio has pointed out, functions like any other mod.

That was a dirty pun Senshi. I hate that I reluctantly like it :(.

Embrace the puns! Let them flow through you! Feel their power!
Code:
>:D >:D >:D

But yeah, still, CP is not for me. I mod things for vanilla civ 5, and I don't usually play civ 5.

Loving the look of that synergy! Can't help but think that the Dreadnought belongs here rather than with Churchill - Sure, Churchill was Lord of the Admiralty, but he was PM for all of the WW2 innovations!

I presume that Harry Roosevelt is now an Easter egg, right?

RIP JFD mods for mac users </3

This means that I should not update your civs from now on?

I'll miss you
**jumps on his funeral pyre**

RIP JFD mods for mac users </3

This means that I should not update your civs from now on?

I'll miss you
**jumps on his funeral pyre**

Shoot - that's a point.

Hm, not much you can do there - guess you're gonna have to go live at TPang's house.

Well, if he pays my rent I don't even mind if he sleeps in the same bed as me.

Now that's something that's going to come back to haunt me when I run for political office in 30 years. Let's just hope AI takes over the government by then (although democratically speaking, I can imagine people just throwing away their vote by selecting the "I'm Feeling Lucky" option).

Well, if he pays my rent I don't even mind if he sleeps in the same bed as me.

Now that's something that's going to come back to haunt me when I run for political office in 30 years. Let's just hope AI takes over the government by then (although democratically speaking, I can imagine people just throwing away their vote by selecting the "I'm Feeling Lucky" option).

In 30 years, it could be perfectly acceptable :mischief:

I like that the WWI civ has a Battleship replacement that comes after the Battleship replacement of the same WWII variant of the civ.

That is something in dire need of fixing, JFD, due to severe anachronicity. I will require that fix to add previously unnanounced civs of yours to my own art-to-do list. Sincerely, your Artistriarch. :p

(just making them both come as early as Churchill's Dreadnought would be enough, so you don't have to update Churchill. The Brits didn't suspect the dreadnought-type would supplant traditional battleship design so soon, and they still had designs for pre-dreadnoughts). Though if Churchill gets updated, he could have the Dreadnought at normal tech, and George get his own earlier.

CP... that's really iffy for me. I'll take it because I love this Civ, but... not a big fan of it and the changes it makes. If only it could have no changes to the base game at all...

CP... that's really iffy for me. I'll take it because I love this Civ, but... not a big fan of it and the changes it makes. If only it could have no changes to the base game at all...
The changes the base CP makes to the actual game are minimal - basically just bug fixes.. The CBP is the one changing A LOT of things.

EDIT: oh, and congrats with the release JFD and Jan.

It's the AI stuff that turns me off. That, and IIRC Civ IV Diplomacy comes bundled with it and I don't like it.

Pretty sure the Civ IV Diplomacy is a feature you can choose to simply not install. But I guess you're right about the AI improvements.

Now you have me digging trying to find who this Harry Nixon was. President Nixon didn't have the nickname Harry did he?
No, he was Dick. As in Tricky Dick. Although the war protesters of the time may have just used his shortened given name as an expletive during the "bomb-you-back-to-the-negotiating-table" campaigns. I'm sure the descendants of the Vietnamese people of the time probably also have an interesting name for him, along with one for Johnson.

Embrace the puns! Let them flow through you! Feel their power!
Code:
>:D >:D >:D

But yeah, still, CP is not for me. I mod things for vanilla civ 5, and I don't usually play civ 5.

Why not ? To be frank, you won't even notice difference with CP only, unless you pay close attention to smarter AI behavior, few dozen fixed quirks, which is most notable difference from vanilla and rest of them are mostly under the hood or in form of API that matter only to those who want to mod , hence invisible and insignificant to regular player.

It's the AI stuff that turns me off. That, and IIRC Civ IV Diplomacy comes bundled with it and I don't like it.
You will be fine as long as you don't play on higher difficulties where bonuses for AI get ridiculously high in vanilla and CiV IV Diplomacy is optional, you are not force to install it

If you have a playstyle as AI-exploitation-focused as mine, you notice everything.

Especially Luxury trading.

If you have a playstyle as AI-exploitation-focused as mine, you notice everything.

Especially Luxury trading.

AI exploitation with CP in luxury trading ? CP close a bunch of loop holes, players could exploit. Now, I am not saying it's not possible, because I only play with full CPP but you will have to convince me with some proof.

In SP I run a VERY risky style of play that completely ignores armies and revolves around selling nearly all my Luxuries for Gold and getting all other Civs to be at war with one another. If CP starts making changes to those things - so maybe Shaka will decide to take on both me and Catherine at the same time, or I won't get enough gold from Bismark buying my wine - that's when I get really worried.

I mean, I'd love to be able to use it, if only the AI like Vanilla's.

Top Bottom