Jobs IRL

My job is Assistant Director at a tutoring center at a private engineering college. My educational background is in math and physics but I love history as a hobby. I am also a casual chess player. I've always loved strategy and games that require thinking which is something that attracted me to civ.

Accountant if that makes me good at civ i don't know

I work in Accounting. More specifically, I'm the Assistant Controller (#2 in the department). It's not glamorous in the least bit, but it pays the bills.

Assistant Professor in the Accounting Department. Civ is great for office hours as students have a knack to ONLY show up if you start any real work.

When you read "cogs" do you think of Production or "Cost of Goods Sold"? I was always curious.

When you read "cogs" do you think of Production or "Cost of Goods Sold"? I was always curious.
When I read cogs I see cogs, as Cost of Goods Sold would be COGS. Otherwise my entire life would be a mess since AAE (accountants abbreviate everything).

But personally they are and will always be Spacely Sprockets.

Sheesh , my trade seems boring compared to all these exciting careers. I am a Auto insurance claims Adjuster.

Basically, I deal with people on a daily basis who lie to me about how the accident is not their fault. Then, I have to decide whose lieing less. :) :crazyeye:

Software developer, now more of a frontend developer. Experience in designing and building (internal) tools, as well as functional mobile and full-sized desktop UIs.

I mess about with 2D art and games engine programming in my spare time. Nothing too advanced, just my own stuff.

Since high school, I've worked as a line cook in high-end kitchens doing all manner of dishes ranging from soups&salads to broiling expensive meats. I've really enjoyed my work despite the long hours, holidays, and having a fatal allergy to peanuts.

I've graduated with bachelors in hotel and restaurant management and associates degree in culinary arts, yet I've focused my effort on culinary through out the years as I enjoy it quite a lot.

However I've recently acquired allergies to shellfish and seafood which has negatively impacted my quality of life leading me to reconsider my career path.

Instead of enjoying Civ, I'm looking to get into another aspect of the food&beverage industry.......away from the kitchen. :sad:

@NegativeZero I am so very saddened to hear how your allergies are making it so difficult for you to enjoy your passion. I do hope you are able to find something in your vocation that makes you happy.

I'm a researcher/scientist (science & research worker) on a University on the Department of Robotics. And I would say I'm a programmer - control systems of robots, but also visualisation and simulation software (Direct3D for the win).

I'm a Masters student specializing in a combination of urban planning and history, specifically history of immigration and the effects it's had on North American cities in the past. I'm also a research assistant for the university I attend.

I guess you could say I work at the univerisity building in the Campus district :lol:

I'm a Masters student specializing in a combination of urban planning and history, specifically history of immigration and the effects it's had on North American cities in the past. I'm also a research assistant for the university I attend.

I guess you could say I work at the univerisity building in the Campus district :lol:

If we are going by that, I guess I'm in a neighbourhood next to a city centre, yet working at a Campus/Theatre square hybrid's university in another civ? :p (Im doing distance learning)

If we are going by that, I guess I'm in a neighbourhood next to a city centre, yet working at a Campus/Theatre square hybrid's university in another civ? :p (Im doing distance learning)

That also means you are contributing to the culture victory of the civ you are living in :lol:

I'm currently in an awkward position where I'm no longer a medical intern, but still waiting for Indonesia's national medical examination queue so... not really a doctor yet. Aspire to be a Radiation Oncologist (doc that specialize in cancer), or maybe I will do Psychiatry instead, focusing in personality or sexual disorders.

Been playing Civ since 2010 I think, was at 11th grade in school. Mostly playing Civilization IV and hooked with Rhye's mod (the spiritual successor, DoC, is still in active development after 8 years now!). Later bought Civ V and now Civ VI thanks to the 120 USD promo weeks ago. Don't have time to play though :')

work in community development - teacher trainer in remote indonesia. relates to civ? sorta. i like the essentially positive, non nihilistic philosophy of the game. Plus, it gets frustrating as hell out here so its nice to be fed pellets by a skinner box :D

That's so inspiring! Thank you for doing works in remote areas of Indonesia. They really need help.. :(

MD (internal medicine and intensive care) and univesity teacher, also with a little side dish of entrepreneurship... I'm seeing a lot of us are teachers!

Amazing! Never thought I'd find someone with similar background (Medicine) in this forum. May I send you a a message, doc? :)

Well my place of employment has no building in Civ6, but I guess I'd be working in the entertainment district. My entire city is an entertainment district almost.

So many people here working great jobs. I feel a little like a slacker. I probably make the least money except for those of you who are students. But money isn't particularly important for me, except as security. My lifestyle doesn't involve a great deal of money. Civ6 is vastly cheaper than bottle service at some trendy nightclub in my town.

I'm a semi-retired tax accountant [who also served as CFO for a company for several years], who mostly consults on other partners' engagement clients regarding major corporate or partnership reorganizations and on IRS' tax appeals and Tax Court cases, as well as some foreign tax consulting. I also have a theology degree with music and history minors [using the theology degree when preparing for teaching my Sunday School class and my wife and I both play in our orchestra at our church]. I think I've learned more history, other than the general knowledge that most of us have about ancient Egypt and Rome, from Civ than from any of my education classes, due in no small part to the knowledge brought to this forum by so many contributors regarding the various civs included in the game. As to any relation between the job and civ, obviously there's no direct relation, but I do like to play the economic game [and hoping for corporations in the next expansion] and usually play at least in some part as a world peacekeeper. I do like the fact if I make an error in Civ, then real people aren't actually dying, starving, etc. - or more in line with my part-time job, paying a bunch of money to the IRS in penalties and/or taxes they didn't owe.

I'm a 16 years old person from a small country in Central Europe and I'm still studying. I'm not sure how to translate the type of school I attend - we call it "gymnázium" in Czech, and it's a type of school that doesn't prepare you for any job, but prepares you for college/university. The one I attend is also focused on languages, so I learn English and German there. I'm still deciding what my future job should be (which is also a reason why I picked this school after finishing the elementary school :p).

I'm a 16 years old person from a small country in Central Europe and I'm still studying. I'm not sure how to translate the type of school I attend - we call it "gymnázium" in Czech, and it's a type of school that doesn't prepare you for any job, but prepares you for college/university. The one I attend is also focused on languages, so I learn English and German there. I'm still deciding what my future job should be (which is also a reason I picked this school after finishing the elementary school :p).
That would be roughly equivalent to what we call "high school," except high school doesn't really prepare you for anything, be it university or work. :p

Top Bottom