July patch wishlist

What is your wishlist except hotseat for the comming up patch in july or posibly early july.

Sow what do you want to see changed or fixed?

(MANY) More POSITIVE diplomatic modifiers!!! Please! PLEASE!!!

Yes i couldn't agree more I personally have some in my mind:

If you trade a lot of resources and research agreements you should get a modifier:
"+ Fair trade "

And if your AI ask you to go to war with someone wich sometimes he does and you accept:
"+ Our military struggles bring us close together "

Olso if you have a friendship with a AI they usally ask for stup if you say yes you dont get a positif modifier only a negatif if you say no.
Sow i would do some modifier like "+ we aprreciate for your help those years:)"

But finally if you liberate a civ by returning his capital then they are mad at you for a warmonger lol they should at least put positif modifier their. I dont care if you are the greatist passifist if someone liberates you be at least gratefull. put a positif modifier like: "+ you liberated us"

They should at least fix it that the AI is more friendly if you liberate him come on:(

Btw do you like the denouncing system or not i found it a little bit irritating because the AI just use it rondom

Currently I don't think that the AI has enough +positive modifiers. If I were to declare war on a mutual enemy, I expect massive positive diplo from that player. I want to have the option for a permanent alliance (even if I probably wouldn't use it often). Basically, I actually wants allies in the game, not just "people who will tolerate me."

I'd like to see Trading Posts get the +2 gold back and for the AI to be a little more stingy about how much money they'll give you for open borders/trades. It just doesn't feel right to me for a great deal of my income coming from selling luxury resources over and over again.

Economic AI) Give less money for luxurys and open borders.
Diplo AI) More positive multipliers.
Diplo AI) Redo the warmongering calculation system entirely (more for attacking, less for taking cities).
Diplo AI) Redo research agreements.

But finally if you liberate a civ by returning his capital then they are mad at you for a warmonger lol they should at least put positif modifier their. I dont care if you are the greatist passifist if someone liberates you be at least gratefull. put a positif modifier like: "+ you liberated us"

drubell said:
Currently I don't think that the AI has enough +positive modifiers. If I were to declare war on a mutual enemy, I expect massive positive diplo from that player. I want to have the option for a permanent alliance (even if I probably wouldn't use it often). Basically, I actually allies in the game, not just "people who will tolerate me."

Both of these! I personally think that if you liberate a civ, the positive modifier should be so high that it can only be affected if you really start being aggressive toward the civ you liberated.

Our "close borders" annoy you? It was likely our close borders that persuaded me to LIBERATE YOU, YOU BASTARD!!!

I also agree with your other points, there should be:
+ Fair trade
+ We have researched technologies together
+ Joint Military struggle
+ You have similar values -- WHY IN THE WORLD is the player PENALIZED for "trying to win the game in a similar manner?" This should be a positive, i.e. "You value Democracy, and so do we," or "You rule your people with an iron fist, as do we, and we respect you."
+ You liberated our friend(s) (could work for city-states or major civs)
+ You don't over-expand (if there's a negative for over-expanding, why is there no positive for like, OCC for example?)
+ You acquiesed to our demands (again, if you say "ok" when they ask you not to settle next to them, or if you insist your troops aren't going to obliterate them, why is there no POSITIVE modifier for that???)

As far as denouncing, I think that it wouldn't be so bad if there were more positive modifiers. It would actually take on meaning. If someone denounced you, there would be an actual REASON for it. Now it seems schizophrenic only because the reasons for denounciation far outweight the reasons NOT to denounce.

Get rid of RA blocking!!! So much overpowered...please fix this crap feature. Or at least put some limit to this monster, like one RA at a time, one per era, etc.

Better, get entirely rid of RA and put a better system.

Make Germany, America and Egypt more attractive.

I agree germany needs a boost but
egypt and america is exactly good as they are.

Egypt wonder building ability is amazing allways build olmost every wonder i want with him lol... As for the burial tomb the extra happiness is good bonus And the chariot well it doesnt need horses sow its a ok unit if you have a lot of flat lands.

As for the americans the extra sight is insanly good to spot enemy units especially danger ones like cannons sow you dont get to close.. The purchasing is just an extra. minuteman are awesome unit the terain does not effect them and the bommer well usefull to bomb enemy cities and just take it with one hit:)

I found ottomans need a boost in their special ability It doesnt fit with their unique units those unique units are build for offense purpose sow his ability would be have sometine like that.

you know just patching the diplomacy could make the game deeper and less predictable. and add some much needed replay value to the game.

also they tweaked tradition and liberty the last patch, lets make the other social branches more effective. commerce anyone?

Personally I don't want positive diplo modifiers. They tend to make games easier and the AI easy to manipulate.

I do want to be able to see the Diplo window when I'm negotiating and maybe even just a little hints on repercussions of certain actions.

Research agreement overhaul. Something simple like each additional concurrent research agreement you have signed costs you an additional X amount per era.

So if you have 1 research agreement out already and am making a deal with a second party. I would pay the 375 gold plus an 'upkeep' cost in devoting my scientists to two task of say 100 gold. If the other party you are signing the research agreement with has no extra then they pay the normal cost while you would pay more.

I know it doesn't sound fair, but research agreement spamming to a tech lead seems silly on either side of the coin.

Research agreement overhaul. Something simple like each additional concurrent research agreement you have signed costs you an additional X amount per era.

So if you have 1 research agreement out already and am making a deal with a second party. I would pay the 375 gold plus an 'upkeep' cost in devoting my scientists to two task of say 100 gold. If the other party you are signing the research agreement with has no extra then they pay the normal cost while you would pay more.

I know it doesn't sound fair, but research agreement spamming to a tech lead seems silly on either side of the coin.

Or simply limit the RA to one and improve the benefits such as making you pick the tech you want at the end. RA Blocking is cool as a concept, but too metagamey IMO.

Increasing the gold is "ok" but the problem is that it won't stop higher difficulty unless you do something fairly drastic (like double the gold for each extra RA running simultaneously)

Don't mind harder AI, but I prefer them when they outnumber me, not so much when they nuke me in the Industrial age :p.

More diplomatic options such as map trading and open borders trade boost.

A Regenerate Map option.

Ability to customize the Play Now settings.

And have Advanced Options save for the next time you play (or at least make this an option, Save Advanced Settings?)

The AI will stop won't covet my land anymore. Or immediately assume I'm trying to win in the same manner as them. Or just generally being pissed off about nothing.

Economic AI) Give less money for luxurys and open borders.
Diplo AI) More positive multipliers.
Diplo AI) Redo the warmongering calculation system entirely (more for attacking, less for taking cities).
Diplo AI) Redo research agreements.

Both of these! I personally think that if you liberate a civ, the positive modifier should be so high that it can only be affected if you really start being aggressive toward the civ you liberated.

Our "close borders" annoy you? It was likely our close borders that persuaded me to LIBERATE YOU, YOU BASTARD!!!

I also agree with your other points, there should be:
+ Fair trade
+ We have researched technologies together
+ Joint Military struggle
+ You have similar values -- WHY IN THE WORLD is the player PENALIZED for "trying to win the game in a similar manner?" This should be a positive, i.e. "You value Democracy, and so do we," or "You rule your people with an iron fist, as do we, and we respect you."
+ You liberated our friend(s) (could work for city-states or major civs)
+ You don't over-expand (if there's a negative for over-expanding, why is there no positive for like, OCC for example?)
+ You acquiesed to our demands (again, if you say "ok" when they ask you not to settle next to them, or if you insist your troops aren't going to obliterate them, why is there no POSITIVE modifier for that???)

Oh yes.
A "friendly" civ attacks me every ten turns after the peace agreement expires, and when I decide I've had it and raze or conquer all their cities I'm the warmonger.
I've also seen a civ being friendly withou any negative modifiers for millennia and then deciding I'm a warmongering menace when the last war I fought was over a thousand years ago. Being attack should count for something. The current diplo system seems to penalise competence and not warmongering.
And the "don't expand near us" is broken. Again, I promise Siam I won't build cities near them and then am attacked by the Americans, who by the way are spreading like a plague. Then I puppet an american city that's slightly closer to Siamese than to my heartland and suddenly I've broken my promise.
The whole diplo system suffers from an anti-human bias and erratic AI behaviour, and the latest patch has made it worse with it's idiotic warrior rushes. I'm practically forced to commit preemptive genocide.
I don't hink this can be fixed without first introducing happiness as a relevant game mechanic for AI players. Right now many of them stick to ICS.
An alternative would be to allow "colonies", cities founded as puppet states for when you see resources, but don't want to build a real city there because the location isn't good enough to justify the happiness hit. The AI doesn't seem to care and will build a city anyway, probably in the worst possible spot which brings me to my next complaint: Stupid AI city placement.

It would also be nice if declarations of friendship had some real benefit for human players. I'd suggest increasing the base cost of research agreements and giving a significant discount for RA between friends.

Nerf the city healing abilities & city defences don't provide straight :c5strength: bonus. Instead they boost :c5strength: by % eg. 25% more :c5strength: of city by building walls. This would make sure that 2-3 pop city with rush-buyed walls & castles would loose easily (less frustating).

Increase the number of unit types! At the moment its like, you have (long-)swordsmen and the opponent doesnt - you win. Same with rifles or infantry.
That was a lot better in CIV because the other guy at least had some units that would enable an effective defense strategy.

What I dont like is that I just have to beeline iron working and I know I gonna conquer 2 or 3 of my neighbours. Right after that I get Longswordsmen and I can again overwhelm 2 or 3 AI - that boring! There must be units that can keep up with these with lower tech.

Or simply limit the RA to one and improve the benefits such as making you pick the tech you want at the end. RA Blocking is cool as a concept, but too metagamey IMO.

Increasing the gold is "ok" but the problem is that it won't stop higher difficulty unless you do something fairly drastic (like double the gold for each extra RA running simultaneously)

Don't mind harder AI, but I prefer them when they outnumber me, not so much when they nuke me in the Industrial age :p.

True I agree that just increasing gold cost for each extra RA is only a band aid. At the higher difficulties the AI is often rolling so heavily in gold it is ******ed. I'd propose lowering their % increase in gold multiplier to counter that and tweak maintenance cost to compensate. Limiting it one RA would be another band aid, but a very heavy duty one.

Increase the number of unit types! At the moment its like, you have (long-)swordsmen and the opponent doesnt - you win. Same with rifles or infantry.
That was a lot better in CIV because the other guy at least had some units that would enable an effective defense strategy.

What I dont like is that I just have to beeline iron working and I know I gonna conquer 2 or 3 of my neighbours. Right after that I get Longswordsmen and I can again overwhelm 2 or 3 AI - that boring! There must be units that can keep up with these with lower tech.

I think giving melee mounted units a 25% or so attack modifier against melee units (and bumping the spear/pike ability to 125% (which should disappear when upgraded to rifles btw)) could be a useful counter to sword rushing, as that gives you an alternative tech path for a viable military. As of now I think knights a bit weak with only 1 more movement point than a longsword. Often times the 1 extra move is eaten up by rough terrain, and a forested hill means they only move one space. That would be a little bit easier to tweak and balance than creating a lot of extra units that would need graphics, animations and the such.

Or instead just make a new unit class like you said, and put swords / long swords into the 'heavy melee' class. Then give the mounted the 25% bonus against them and its the same effect without having to change the spear / pikes.

- Add tree growth (and maybe growing?)! This is the thing I'm really waiting for! If this would be implemented, the Iroquois wouldn't be so immensely situational.
- Give Egypt a small buff... (Maybe boost their wonder building by 5% or so?)
- I think the English should get a small buff to their naval unit production.
- Give the AI more positive modifiers (fair trade et ceteral, already discussed earlier).
- Liberated civs should be thankful.
- Nerf research agreements.
- Make converting barbarians more desirable, to boost the Germans and Ottomans a bit.
- Buff the Commerce social policy tree a little bit.
- Buff the Honor social policy tree a little bit.
- Buff the Order social policy tree a little bit.
- Let us see what UU's and UB's do when we are choosing what civ to play!

I bolded the things I want to press.

Top Bottom