"Jumping to Prince" SG

Yeah, I lost my tickets to the Capital's season finale, so I'll be a couch potato watching 24 and I'll take his turnset and do something with it

I am gonna get us a signapore in the old world!

Hi guys. Sorry for being incommunicado this weekend. Something is up with my dial-up connection from home, and I couldn't log in. I can pick up the save and play tonight if Jericho hasn't taken his turns already.

it seems like Jericho is talking about playing tonight, so why don't you just keep play for now and we'll keep the roster as is...

Ho hum. Just another dull set of turns.

Looks like Toku is eager to settle a colony on NewFoundLand (a Settler and Longbowman are under our Maceman in the north.) Too late!

Having a look-see around... Orleans is building a Market?!? Our emphasis here is supposed to be on science so...
Orleans begins: University

Turn 340 (1550 AD)
Tours grows: 8
Marseilles finishes: Library
Avignon grows: 4

Turn 341 (1555 AD)
Marseilles begins: Harbor
Rheims grows: 10

Turn 342 (1560 AD)
Poor Toku. All packed up, but nowhere to go :( :

Turn 343 (1565 AD)
Tech learned: Steam Power
Coal found outside Lyon and Rheims! Both cities are specialized for Production, and both resources are already mined! Neither Lizzie nor Alex have coal.
Paris finishes: Courthouse
Chartres grows: 5

Turn 344 (1570 AD)
What to research now? Nationalism or Railroad? Hmm... Fred already has Nationalism, but wants both Liberalism and Chemistry for it. Could also research Scientific Method, but hold off in the vain hope Buddhism arrives on our shores. Railroad would be nice, but Nationalism will open up Corporation/Democracy (Emancipation), so opt for it.
Research begun: Nationalism
Paris begins: University

Lyons finishes: Frigate
Chartres finishes: Library
Avignon's borders expand:
Here's the screeshot:

Besancon finishes: Courthouse

Turn 345 (1575 AD)
Lyons begins: Confucian Monastery
Decide to build a least one monastery for each of the religions we've acquired before we lose the ability to do so with Scientific Method.
Chartres begins: Harbor
Besancon begins: Harbor
Rheims finishes: Drydock
Tours finishes: Forge

Turn 346 (1580 AD)
Rheims begins: Christian Monastery
Tours begins: Courthouse

Turn 347 (1585 AD)

Turn 348 (1590 AD)
Tech learned: Nationalism
Lyons finishes: Confucian Monastery
Rheims finishes: Christian Monastery
Rouen grows: 3

Turn 349 (1595 AD)
Lyons begins: Frigate
Rheims begins: Frigate
Research begun: Constitution
Lyons begins: Drydock
Besancon grows: 6

Turn 350 (1600 AD)
The Muskateer has been watching the action between Peter and Alex. (Our Settler is still on the Galleon just to the south of the Mainland.) Alex appears to be completely cowed, as Peter has been pillaging Alex's land without resistance. It looks as if Peter may be assembling another invasion stack in Sparta:

If Peter razes Delphi, we may be in business! Alternatively, we could found a city now smack-dab on top of the fur on the coast, but it won't develop into much of a city. We'd get some fur, but we're not suffering from unhappiness.

None of the other civs appear to have been spreading their religions around much - for most of the Buddhist block, less that half of their cities are Buddhist! If we do found a city on the mainland, it is unlikely that anyone will bring us Buddhism. :( I expect most of the Buddhists will eventually convert to Free Religion anyway, so our getting the religion may not matter. Relations-wise, everyone in the Buddhist block appears to like us as much, if not better, than Toku!

We can now build the Taj Mahal in either Paris or Rheims in ~ 30 turns. Although we don't have marble, we're Industrious, so we might want to take a crack at it. A free Golden Age would be fab!

Good turns.

We can now build the Taj Mahal in either Paris or Rheims in ~ 30 turns. Although we don't have marble, we're Industrious, so we might want to take a crack at it.
I normally don't think the Taj is worth the shields, but in this case, it may work out well. It's true; a free GA WOULD be quite nice :D Good call on the Monasteries, too ~ we can spread the religions for the happiness bonus @ Free Rel (which I agree that they won't be buddhist TOO much longer. It may be good to trade Liberalism to Japan first and demand a civic change to free rel right before the war, BEFORE the others have a chance to get out of Buddhism. We also have to be careful not to start the war on Toku too soon or else they may take enough cities from him to make someone else be #2 in pop

Frankcor >>
Pholkhero >>
Lobsterboy >> just played
Jericho >> UP NOW
SpriteSODA >> on deck

I think that we still have two cities - including Paris, surprisingly - that still "ain't got religion". Of the religions in France, the only one for which we have not built a Monastery is Judaism.

Toku has Scientific Method, but won't trade it to us. I don't remember if he has Liberalism yet, but I don't think so. Trading him a tech in exchange for a civics switch might not be a bad idea. It won't sour his relations with the other Civs, but it will eliminate the "brothers of the faith" modifier.

Incidentally, none of the other civs have any technology to trade to us.

It won't sour his relations with the other Civs, but it will eliminate the "brothers of the faith" modifier.
yup...and THAT may just be enough to trade a tech or two to the others to have the declare on Toku

Excellent, Excellent progress.

1) How is the culture war in Avignon progressing?

2) YES! We're so getting that city on the continent...going to get our galleon in position.

3) Agree completely on getting Toko to Free Religion. Gotta time it right...

Objectives for my turnset

1) Culture expansion in Avignon
2) Settle a city in the New World.
3) Start whittling on a plan for Toko.
4) Produce Science
5) Produce our ARMADA~! Galleons and Muskets and Cannons OH MY!

Here's a hint I just lifted from one of sulla's game reports:
did you know that the best way to flip an enemy city is to put TWO cities next to it, and have them combine their culture to overwhelm it?
so, let's send another settler up to that island and have it add MORE french culture to those squares

I am the GREATEST~!

What a turnset, and the luck keeps rolling my way.

KEY DEVELOPMENTS!

1) We are now Friendly with Peter, Frederick, and Elizabeth. F&E do not like Toko, and Peter is now just Pleased. There is our diplomatic block, and it is enough to win. To the UN!
2) We are the largest Civilization in the World, and the most advanced!
3) We spawn a GREAT ARTIST~!!!! Guess where he went? Li-Po goes to Avignon, and we are close to flipping a city now. About 20 more turns or less and one of Peter's cities will be ours! Remember to make that all about culture too. Don't raze it!
4) We learned Constitution, so now we are researching Democracy. UN Pre-reqs!

The Coup-De-Etat

Peter was destroying Alexander. Right before my last turn, Alex was down to 1 city with two wounded X-bows, and Peter has 3 units. I cross my fingers and position our Musketman and Settler, just in case...

Alex holds with 1 Crossbow with .2 Health! Our Musketman takes Delphi and captures the city! Alex is gone, AND WE HAVE A CITY IN THE BIG CONTINENT!

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY DANCE TIME!!!

I'm seriously lucky.

Oh, I revolted to slavery and whipped some harbors, lighthouses, and granaries so we can grow faster. I didnt bother flipping back, but you can!

Our Musketman takes Delphi and captures the city! Alex is gone, AND WE HAVE A CITY IN THE BIG CONTINENT!
NICE! what's more, that settler can either stay there and apply more pressure OR we can move him back to Newfoundland and settle there ~ win/win :goodjob: indeed

Frankcor >> on deck
Pholkhero >>
Lobsterboy >>
Jericho >> just played
SpriteSODA >> UP NOW

Truely wonderful developments! We couldn't ask for better!

If Yek'burg succumbs to a culture flip, we'll probably get Coventry too. If we build the Hermitage in Avignon, that will put even more pressure on those foreign colonists. NewFoundLand is OUR ISLAND!

I can't wait to see how the rest of this game plays out!

Well, very not eventful set of turns.

0: Enter.
1: I continue to research Democracy, but its not the way to U.N ... we should research Physics->Electricity->Radio->Mass Media.
2: :sleep:
3: Lyons Granadier->Granadier. Marsillies Lighthouse->Courthouse. Elizabeth finished Tag' Mahal and at Golden Age.
4: Deplhi and Charters poped culture.
5: :sleep:
6: Pris University->Bank
7: Rheims Canon->IronWorks.
8: Avignon poped culture again! Yakaterisburg at 96%
9: Finished Democracy, start Physics. Great Scientist was born at Orleans - I would have used him to hurry Physics, but its up for discussion. Yakaterinsburg at 93% - Finally some pressure.
10: Lyons Granadier->Galleon. Delphi Theater->Work Boat.

The Save:

Top Bottom