1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

"Jumping to Prince" SG

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by pholkhero, Mar 16, 2006.

1. frankcor

frankcor Emperor

I'll play and report on my turnset this evening:

Frankcor >> UP NOW
    Pholkhero >> on deck
    Lobsterboy >>
    Jericho >>
    SpriteSODA >> just played

I concur with the research path. We gotta build UN! (but conquest might be fun :))

I'd like to do the arithmetic before deciding on what to do with the scientist. We have at the most, 200 turns to go on this game? I would compare the total number of beakers an academy would bring in 200 years compared to how many beakers we get now by cashing him in on physics. Feel free to discuss amongst yourselves -- I'll pick up the save and read when I get home from work.

2. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

I'm a big fan of the beeline to Assembly Line, going Factory/Coal Plants in all cities, as we head up the bottom to Mass Media, w/perhaps, a stop for Bio ~

Frankcor >> UP NOW
    Pholkhero >> on deck
    Lobsterboy >>
    Jericho >>
    SpriteSODA >> just played

edit: haha...double roster...i forgot about the scientist. I woudln't think burning him for physics would be worth it ~ either academy or merge, whichever we think we yield more in the long run...are we still @ Rep??

3. Lobsterboy

Lobsterboy Immature crustacean

Paris and Orleans already have Academies. Do we have any other commerce/science-oriented cities? Marseilles? Rouen? If not, take the Physics boost. We could also save him for a Golden Age, but I think GAs are overrated, particularly in the mid-game.

4. Lobsterboy

Pholk: Are you really playing in *five* SGs now?? Oi!

5. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

yeah, but 2 are concurrent so i only need to play every couple of weeks in each, 1 hasn't started yet, and we all know that this one isn't exactly nerve-racking :)

However, I AM starting one more i think, just rex and I ~

6. SpriteSODA

SpriteSODA Musketeer

People, welcome to reality. Our income situation sucks badly and up until we have some money we need to cut the research short, so we need the fastest route to Mass Media which is Physics->Electricity->Radio.
    We need to win the game.

7. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

What's the income situation??

8. SpriteSODA

SpriteSODA Musketeer

I think its about -58 at 70%..

9. JerichoHill

JerichoHill Bedrock of Knowledge

We are using our gold reserves like there's no tomorrow -60 or so @ 80% research.

Use the scientist for physics. That will help us the most.

10. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

well, at that pace we are STILL the tech leader though..how many beakers will we get toward physics? 1880 or something??

I like an academy ~

11. SpriteSODA

SpriteSODA Musketeer

I think we should press to victory. who is the second larger? tokogawa? I hope.

12. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

the more i think about it, the more i agree on physics. sorry for being dense :)

if we can get to MM quickly, we won't even be around for the whole of these last 200 turns, so clearly the immediate payoff on physics would be much better use of this scientist.

13. Lobsterboy

Anybody among us who is not prepared to upgrade to v1.61?

14. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

ahh, no. I have both running, but I'd rather us upgrade. so, if you have it, let's run 161

15. frankcor

frankcor Emperor

I'm running both versions. I'll play 10 turns using the 1.61 upgrade. I'll cash in the scientist on Physics and keep pressing to Mass Media.

16. frankcor

frankcor Emperor

Turn 0: Hmmm, or is this Turn 1? Sprite left me some moves. Load Settler in Delhi into Galleon and send to NewFoundland. Drop Science slider from 80% (-84) to 70% (-50). Cash in Scientist on Physics, drop from 17 to 11 turns remaining.
    Turn 1: Japan builds Versailles. Move grenadier to Rouen to beef up that garrison of 3 settlers.
    Turn 2:
    Turn 3: Liz, Peter and Fred revolt to Free Religion. Monty is the only Budhist left.
    Turn 4:
    Turn 5: Chartes Market --> Bank. Rouen Aquaduct --> Granary. Delhi workboat --> granary. Tours grows to 10. It's looking more and more like a commerce city. Reduce science to 50% (-16), 7 turns 'till physics
    Turn 6: Avignon grows to 7. Switch from windmill to goldmine, pick up some commerce but slows growth. Grenoble founded in NewFoundland (ouch, 11 maintenance)
    Turn 7: Besancon drydock --> frigate. Drop to 40% science (+14) Physics in 5 turns
    Turn 8:
    Turn 9: Peter asks for Defensive Pact (Monty, Peter and Fred are pleased with him; Liz cautious; Asoka, annoyed) I try to get 6 gold/turn or copper but no deal. I sign pact. Trade Corporatoin for Scientific Method. Wall Street would look good in Tours.
    Turn 10: Grenoble's borders expand (but we don't pick up any tiles). Yekaterinburg is at 73% Russian.

Attached Files:

17. SpriteSODA

SpriteSODA Musketeer

Bah, who cares of "NewFoundLand", we need to get to victory, and it wont be achieved by culture-pressing one city. do we have free speech? if so, revolt to it. maybe we should revolt to caste system and spam merchents?

18. frankcor

frankcor Emperor

I get the feeling our civics are holding us back. Are we done population rushing? I think our economy would be in better shape with Free Speech and Emancipation along with Caste system. Another great merchant would sure be handy right now.

19. JerichoHill

JerichoHill Bedrock of Knowledge

Hey, I said to revolt to something.

I would like to hold off on the switch until we get the last border expansion in avignon...that population will HELP US by making us less dependent on votes, though im pretty sure old peter is in our camp.

Let's keep em friendly people.

We're fine on time. We should have the UN ready by mid 1800s at the latest, so no spaceship launch will beat us on this level

20. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

I have to agree w/Sprite on this one, esp if Jericho is thinking of a mid-1800s win ~ what is it, mid-1700s now?? what are the chances that we cause the switch (since the city's @ 73% russian) before the end of the game?? or even, close enough to the end to make it worthwhile???

i think there's now time like the present in regards to civic changes ~ if we really need the culture, we could put prod in the Newfoundland cities onto culture for a bit.

This is, of course, considering that the borders won't pop w/in the next turn-set. if it will, then, what i wrote is just diarrhea of the mouth :vomit: and can be ignored