[GS] June 2019 Patch Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its been 7 days since any update was done and sent over to any of the QA or branch builds. Its be an amazingly long 20 since the windows version was even touched. Last time anything was updated was just hours or less before the livestream. I honestly have no clue what to think now. Maybe today? maybe the 27th, its up in the air now

I'd welcome a single FXS comment here at Civfanatics, like: Hey folks, we're working on it, but it will come very soon (means: next week) or soon (this month)...

I'd welcome a single FXS comment here at Civfanatics, like: Hey folks, we're working on it, but it will come very soon (means: next week) or soon (this month)...
What if they say "sooner or later"? Does that mean it's delayed until next month?

What if they say "sooner or later"? Does that mean it's delayed until next month?
But, sooner or later, one of us must know
That you just did what you’re supposed to do
Sooner or later, one of us must know
That I really did try to get close to you…

(Bob Dylan)

It's like Ground Hog Day.

Everytime they update the Mac/Linux qa builds after having already updated the Mac/Linux branch builds, it's 1 more week of no-patch.

(Currently nothing happening on SteamDB)

When were the Mac/Linux branch builds last updated?

From the Steam forums yesterday... "I'd love to be able to tell you guys a specific launch time for the update but we're still trying to lock that down. Believe me, as soon as I know, you all will know."

From the Steam forums yesterday... "I'd love to be able to tell you guys a specific launch time for the update but we're still trying to lock that down. Believe me, as soon as I know, you all will know."

That sounds like a solid "negative" on the patch arriving this week.

Uh, thanks for this - so I won't hope for it today

I doubt it. Posting a meme on social channels 1-2 hours before a patch drop only takes away attention/space.
No patch this week. 95% sure.

eca.jpg

What will I do with my life now? Where I go from here? This day have no meaning and it was all for nothing

I know exactly when the new Patch will come out: within 12 hours after I start a new game with a really good starting position and a fascinating map and opposing Civs . . .

Can't be more clearer than that. This can take a long time, otherwise they wouldn't have wrote that in the first place.
A little bit irritating that they addressed the patch so long before launch, especially since this patch will, if not break the save game, cause all sorts of strange things. Well, I have other things to do :sad:

Having worked in software projects for the last 1000 years I have to admit that I cannot remember one large project that went in on time.
On support for one this weekend.... 3rd time lucky.
One problem poor Firaxis has is they called it the June patch as opposed to the Ju patch or the summer19 patch or even the patchy patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom