Kashmir

To: The Kingdom of Svearia

We in Latiniki are proud of our Svearri breathen in their moves to create Solar Orders in their lands, and we wish to let your King know that we approve of this decision whether or not these Orders have not established formal contact and union with Solar Orders from Rome.

From: The Son of Heaven, Divine Emperor Yangdi of the Great Sung
To: Chief Gur of the Rouran

In order to further improve relations between our two peoples, Emperor Yangdi proposes that Chief Gur sends one of his granddaughters as a Concubine to Emperor Yangdi.

Yang Guo's "Treatise on Military Efficiency"

The Imperial Chancellor Yang Guo, now in his late sixties, has written a book on military strategy called "Treatise on Military Efficiency". Like the other Military Classics, this book advices the reader on how to be a successful General. In this book, Yang Guo puts much emphasis on the political background behind the wars, saying that the success in war depends on good governance of the state and how humane and virtuous it's ruler is. As an example, he uses his campaign against Liao. Because of the good governance of the Great Sung and the virtue of the Emperor, the Liao peasants preferred to side with the invader instead of defending their King.

The book also argues that winning wars without battles is better than destroying the enemy country. Yang Guo uses as examples the Sung invasion of Liao, where the Sung did not burn the country, thus they were able after the war to exploit it's resources, and the Rouran invasion of Korea, where the Rouran hordes burned and slaughtered and so they were not able to use the resources of Korea to stimulate their economy, as it had become a wasteland. The book also gives examples of military tactics, deception and the hiring of prostitutes to prevent rapes.

The book is popular among Sung Generals, who read it with much care.

To: Emperor Yangdi of the Great Sung
From: Gur Khan of the Rouran Khanate, Protector of the Mongols

The Khan accepts. You may take Suren, first daughter of my third son Altan. May this bring years of peace and prosperity between our nations.
The Khan is not entirely pleased with your conquering of the Liao Monarchy. They are after all Mongols. However since you treated the civilians with care and they seam pleased, the Khan will not hold grudges.

OOC:
Great update SK

To: Iudans Alison the Bold, Lord of all the Goths and conqueror of the Thurings.

These words were written by Gandalfr, Huscarl to Jofur Brand Halfhammer, Conquerer of the Carthfolk, as he spoke them.

Friend I know you, and friend I name you. May the blessings of God the Allfather shine down upon you from his lofty hearth.
These are trying times, hard, though as Nordfolk we both are are made for hard times. Friends make the troubles easier to bear, with drink and prosperity.
The reputed strength and valor of your son is matched only by the beauty and wisdom of your daughter. As such, I propose that my son Gandalfr and your Daughter Helgi exchange Gullhringr, and that your son Alison and my daughter Felicia also exchange Gullhringr, and so bind our people in friendship and love.
And then we swear to ride to your aid in war, and you will swear to ride to ours.

To Connacht, Brython

Hi. Wanna be friends?

To: Ishfania

Sure. Hello friend.

Indeed. word has reached us of this travesty in Iberia, and you can also be assured that any slaves who have reached Brythonic lands will be immediately freed - we wish to have no part of this most un-Christian practice.

To: Galatia

We wish to secure a military alliance between our nations in the face of growing threats. We do not wish to see you fall as Pontus did so brothers, we hope that you will indeed side with us, so that we may be strong together.

To: Alodia

I am glad that our countries have been joined together in the name of our Lord and we wish to take this one step further and ask for a military alliance between our nations to secure our safety in the face of the growing threat that is Babylon.

To: The Ghassanid Kingdom

We appreciate the effort, but we shall have to decline for now, as we are honestly not sure how much help you will be able to be.

To: The Ghassanid Kingdom

We would most certainly approve of a military alliance. May the brotherhood between our two lands grow stronger.

To: The Kingdom of Svearia

We in Latiniki are proud of our Svearri breathen in their moves to create Solar Orders in their lands, and we wish to let your King know that we approve of this decision whether or not these Orders have not established formal contact and union with Solar Orders from Rome.

To: Latinki

We are most honored. Our Solar Orders will some time in the coming years send a delegation to Rome - I am told they wish to open dialogue with the Solar Orders of the motherland. Praise the Sun!

edit:

To: Iudans Alison the Bold, Lord of all the Goths and conqueror of the Thurings.

These words were written by Gandalfr, Huscarl to Jofur Brand Halfhammer, Conquerer of the Carthfolk, as he spoke them.

Friend I know you, and friend I name you. May the blessings of God the Allfather shine down upon you from his lofty hearth.
These are trying times, hard, though as Nordfolk we both are are made for hard times. Friends make the troubles easier to bear, with drink and prosperity.
The reputed strength and valor of your son is matched only by the beauty and wisdom of your daughter. As such, I propose that my son Gandalfr and your Daughter Helgi exchange Gullhringr, and that your son Alison and my daughter Felicia also exchange Gullhringr, and so bind our people in friendship and love.
And then we swear to ride to your aid in war, and you will swear to ride to ours.

To: Nornidr

We accept. May the Allfather bless you as well.

To: The Cities of Azan

Greetings, neighbours. Your wealth is mighty, and so is ours. Combined, would it not be greater? If any of your city-states are so inclined, we would be interested in allowing you to join our nation as autonomous client-states. If the offer of unity is not enough, we would be willing to offer a generous amount of money.

Those cities who decline, even if it is all of you, will not see our relations or guarantee of your protection harmed in away.

Shalom lekha.

To: The Feather King of Madagascar

Mursal the Merchant, my predecessor left you be. I am not like him. Great wealth awaits you if you join us. This is your last chance, tribals. Think it over wisely.

To: The King of Aksum

Brother and friend, greetings. We are both proud and prosperous nations, and a believe that a pact between us would be a benefit to all. I find myself unmarried, and I believe you have several daughters. Let us seal our friendship, and an alliance, through marriage.

Shalom lekha.

To: Great Sung, Tarumangara, Karnataka, Tamilakam

Trade has begun to flow freely between our nations. I request an open declaration of trade rights between us, while I also send an invitation to your emissaries to come and see the wonder of Nacala and view our great harbour once it is completed.

The Yassa Decree’s

Gerel son of Onggur and the Gods’ Warrior is growing old. His long and successful life is slowly coming to an end. In his 77 years of his life he managed to rise from son of a farmer to ruler of one of the biggest empires in the world - spanning from the Sea of Japan to the Tarim-Basin. He managed unite majority of Mongol people under one nation and make the once tiny Rouran tribe into a global power. Sent from the God of Order himself, Amidral, to start preparation for the arrival of the Gods, he is seen as the divine ruler of the world by his people.

In his most recent and last campaigns, he saw the unification of the Synabi and Ashina Khaganate under his rule, whilst managing to take control of the majority of the Jin Kingdom. However his endeavours were met with resistance. Along with riots, the gigantic empire has become increasingly difficult to manage. It is because of this that Gur Khan, near his death, decided to pass a few laws to make the governing of the Khanate more efficient. Gur Khan met with Yassin Abur, a Persian born man who left his native lands long ago and took homage in the Khanate. He is a man of great intelligence and some say his intelligence even surpasses that of the Khan himself. The two wisest men in the land sat down together for days to find a way to bring stability to the Khanate in the fairest way possible, whilst his family may continue his mission for him.

Decree One: The Formation of the Gerel Dynasty

Gerel son of Onggur, with the power of the God of Order, has declared the government of the Rouran Khanate an Absloute Monarchy. He is declared Khaan, supreme leader of the Khanate. All future Khaan’s are to be the best son of the Khaan. This selection is done by the Khaan himself and his most trustworthy advisor. Gerel is now Gur Khaan I and his son Aggur will be Gur Khaan II. The Khaan and his immediate family are the only ones excused from the meritocratic law. The exclusion may be overruled if deemed necessary by the Court. Within the Khanate are the Kurultai, who govern the states.

Decree Two: The Governance of the Khanate

The Khanate has become too big for man to rule by himself. So the Khaan has decreed that the Khanate is to be split up to states. These regions are to run by the Kurultai, senators to these states. They are to see that the state is abiding by the national code and that riots and unpleasant actions are taken care of. The have great power in the state, but ultimately the Khaan has supreme power.
There are currently eight states. The capital state, ruled personally by the Khaan, is Karakorum. This is the main state where all political decisions are made. It also contains the capital with the same name. The other seven states are Tenger to the South, Züün where the Jin Kingdom was, Ashina to the North, Khoid to its East, Synabi, Tiish to the far West, Töv which is West of Karakorum and Tenger to the South bordering China. With the establishment of these states, more efficient governance is expected.
The states are shown in the below map.

Decree Three: The Abur Code

Yassin Abur suggested a series of laws and codes that should govern the Khanate. Gur Khaan I was impressed by these Codes, and implemented them immediately. These laws are based and improve on the current meritocratic laws and are used to govern the land and are in place to make sure stability and peace is brought amongst the Khanate. Yassin Abur himself supervises the code, whilst the Noyon (general of the army) would see the execution of the laws. Within these laws includes the freedom of religion, the death penalty for rape or murder of citizens and even increased power for women.

- Suren, Yangdi's new concubine

Emperor Yangdi of the Great Sung has taken a new concubine, Suren, first daughter of Gur Khan's third son Altan. The Emperor has been quite pleased by her and is reported to have an ever growing affection for her, passing more time with her than with any other concubine. The affections are mutual as Concubine Suren seems to have taken a great liking at Emperor Yangdi, despite a large age gap. Several poets of the Imperial Court have taken advantage of this and are competing at writing love poems, with the hope of moving the Emperor and being favored by him. And being favored by the Emperor means instant fame, riches and everlasting glory. So there is a remarkable blossoming of love poems.

- Imperial Chancellor Yang Guo

Meanwhile the Imperial Chancellor Yang Guo will supervise personally a project of construction of roads on an Empire wide scale. This project will allow easier movement inside the Empire, thus leading to a blooming of trade. The main engineer employed by the Chancellor is mathematician Linghu Chong, a man in his forties with extensive knowledge of mathematics and engineering. Linghu Chong has also studied previous road projects of past Emperors, so as to be able to complete the project as fast and flawlessly as possible. Helping Linghu Chong are Zhang Wuji, another mathematician, and Confucian scholar Ling Wei, the man who was in charge of the Yangdi Code.

The road project is expected to be completed in a few years and it will have immediate positive effects, both on the economy and on the life of the common people. Chancellor Yang Guo knows that this will most likely be his last great work, as he is already old and does not expect to live much longer, and so he wants this project to be carried out as flawlessly as possible. This road project, along with the irrigation project and the conquest of Liao, will be able to secure, Yang Guo hopes, his legacy as one of the greatest Chinese statesmen and generals of all time.

The Treaty of Ispanland

Let these words bind the people of the Nording and the Carthfolk together in eternal friendship and peace.

The Senate of the Carthfolk swear to forever recognize Nording Dominion over the Lands of Thrallmark, or Corsica, in their tongue, and Ispanland, or as they call it, Iberia.

The Senate of the Carthfolk offer as a gift to the King of the Nording all the lands they call palma, aside for the Island of Ibiza. These islands will be made unto the Jarlheimr of Helliyar, and will be given to Juliar the Rumling, and his sons, the Rumlings, for ever.

Joffur Brand the Halfhammer and his sons gives a tribute of 15 chests of gold over the course of the next century.

Joffur Brand the Halfhammer gives Carthfolk Merchants trade and access to the lands of the Nording until Judgement and the Twilight of the world.

These words are hereby signed by oath

Joffur Brand Halfhammer Snorrison.

Yassin Abur

Yassin Abur is perhaps one of the most intelligent men in the Rouran Khanate. His cunning and great strategic ability as well as his immaculate writing has made him an extremely important figure in the Khanate. He was sought after by Gur Khaan I himself to be his personal advisor as well as head of the court. The reason for the Khaan’s keen interest in him is attributed to many factors but the biggest factor is his first book that he wrote in the Khanate. Titled “The Journey”, it is an account of his journey from Persia to Rouran and expresses his views of the Mori religion, meritocracy and his political views.

Yassin Abur was born in the Albanian Empire. Yassin Abur was a scholar, writer and philosopher. He was a follower of Zoroastrianism. He had established himself as a highly intellectual man within his city and was respected by many. However his life changed with the eventual collapse of the Empire. His family were raped and slaughtered in front of his eyes and his city burned down around him. He lost all faith in his religion and decided to leave. Grabbing nothing but a few supplies he jumped on the nearest horse and rode East, to escape the madness. Yassin Abur was only 21 of age at this time. For the next 4 years he rode meeting very strange and exotic places. He followed the Silk Road and travelled through the Tarim-Basin and into the Great Sung. Eventually he found himself in the Rouran Khanate during Gur Khaan I campaigns against the Jin Kingdom. His reason for not staying in the more advanced Sung Empire is only known to him. It was here where Abur learned of the Mori religion. It was fairly new but it intrigued him, especially its accounts of Order and Chaos and the balance that these two bring.

The Following are extracts from his book The Journey

“Man’s greatest weakness is his desire for strength. Strength in numbers, strength in land and strength in power. To feel powerful is to live. To feel powerful is to be human. Everyone wants to be a God. I have seen the desire for power in men. I have seen the evil in men. We sit comfortably in our homes and cities and think that our kings will protect us. But when kings fall, when the Gods fall, to true side of men takes hold. I cannot begin to describe how I felt that dreadful day but I can describe what I saw. I saw men whose desire for strength led him to hurt, to rape and to kill those around him. The power of men failed that day. The power of Ahura Mazda* failed that day. My belief in him failed that day. No man should go through what I have gone through. I have seen pain. I have seen suffering. I have seen death. But more dreadful than that I have seen the power of man.”

“In recent years I have found increasing understanding and belief in the Mori religion. The Amiinom is a wonderful book in which I have great meaning in. It provides insight into the reason behind destruction and chaos of the world. However I have found that certain cults are beginning to form. These cults are adamant that Emgeg, the God of Chaos, is the Mori equivalent of the Devil. That he is evil. They are a result of the lack of education and literacy in this empire. However I will speak on that at a later stage. Contrary to this popular belief he is in fact the very reason we are alive. Amidral is the creator of things and Emgeg is the destroyer of things. Without Emgeg’s destruction Amidral would not be able to make anything. Without Amidral, Emgeg would have nothing to destroy. Emgeg is the very reason that we are alive in this world. He is the reason for the existence of this world. The same parallel can be found in our daily lives. Without Chaos, the world would struggle to exist. The Earth would plummet into oblivion due to vast amounts of population and resource use. Without Order we’d all be in an eternal war for reasons we would not know. Order and Chaos are the strings that hold our world together.”

*Ahura Mazda is the creator in the Zoroastrianism

What was the one thing that, despite the distance, unifies Rome and Babylon? Why were they so great, grand and powerful?

Roads.

These, and other thoughts (like, how to have a great fun day with his concubines without getting spotted by the Moral Censor Council, which would result into him being exiled off to mine for iron in the March till he dies or becomes "morally pure", i.e dead.) raced through the head of the current Dacian king. But, mostly - roads. Right.

There were, obviously, roads in Dacia. Otherwise, it would have collapsed, the Slavs would have their own country, and he'd be fighting the third cousin in line for the throne while the Draco Council would spend an eternity up in Heaven while watching the chaos down there right next to the Zalmoxis's hand. Praise Zalmoxis, and all that. It is the stepstone of civilization, that roads are there. They must be there. Otherwise, your messengers asking for the tax revenue would come 1 month after you sent them, and by then foreign nations would already have taken all the cash.

But they weren't good roads. There are many nobles, who upon unravelling mysterious pretty silk from faraway lands, only to see it all dirty. Cue execution scene of said trader and the more and more popular "headball" game adopted by the Scythians up north who play with the recently executed's head. Very popular with children and the homeless.

The situation with Scythia and Yotvingia was a critical sign that the Dacian road system requires a major expansion and update. There probably are still troops marching to the Dacia Exterior to get their orders so they can fight the evil Scythians. Perhaps the worst was in the Dacian March, which probably was on purpose, as one of the many pastimes (besides executing traders, having orgies with plenty of women, scheming how to take the throne and this time, I promise ya all if you support me, I'll abolish the Draco Council, followed by falling unconscious due to the enormous amount of alcohol drank) was taxing Slavs, making their life miserable, and generally oppressing them. He generally accepted that - a focused nobility means schemes, and that means leaving very quickly before someone stabs him with a really sharp knife during the night.

But it was maybe time for a change. If the roads in Dacia were bad, then the ones in the March were almost non-existent. In the past, that was useful against the Germanic invaders, as their advance was drastically slowed down, which meant that they could be safely taken out. But the times when marauding armies of Germanics were gone; in fact, they have realised that Dacia can be an useful trading partner and defender, possibly even an arbiter in their petty squabbles for power.

However, the danger that Scythia was, and probably will ever be, remained. If Dacia ever has to fight the Scythians, and the armies are still in the dirt, only a tragedy would follow.

"Gather the Draco Council for a meeting! Important things will, and are going to be discussed!" told the king to the nearest servant.

Oh, how he loved the Draco Meetings. They were like a painting of the current sentiments through Dacia, and more importantly, to the Ones In Power, as the people who were in the hall and supposedly decided the "fate of Dacia", were actually just figureheads for the actual people who decide the fate of Dacia. Let us take for an example the noble and powerful Decebral of Butendavia. According to the Noble Archives, containing all the info about one and another noble (i.e empty gossip picked up by one and another author), he would own half of Butendavia, and even sweet portions of the Dacia Mare. Truth, of course, lies in the details. He doesn't own half of Butendavia, because of the merchant named Davos, who has multiple shops in the city. Due to the fact that Dacian laws are often a nightmarish mess, as all laws are, the noble Decebral both owns, and doesn't own his shops, as he gives him a permit, through which he leases the land..but also gives it to Davos. And since the churches are declared "holy land of Zalmoxis", which is solely used as an attempt to dodge taxes, something which clergy will do for the next several centuries, the mighty Decebral, actually owns barely one quarter of Butendavia, and that would be only his numerous villas where he makes spectacular parties, usually with a lot of sex, alcohol, and silk making a gamma of sounds thought impossible before.

And so, he reclined against his chair, as the Draco Council gathered, mostly because he was the king they have elected desired so. Such was life in Dacia; you're just another noble owning land in Dacia Interior and wondering where has your life has gone wrong, then some messenger comes and says, that by a pure coincidence of stars, you're the least hated candidate amongst the entire Draco Council, and now you have absolute power over at least half of the populace, and the other half won't even mind.

"Well, members of the Dacian Council! Well met! I have called you here for a simple reason. Roads. A lot of roads."
"Roads?"
"Yes, roads. I believe you're High Priest Cyprianus, who coincidentally also owns one of the largest stone quarries in Dacia, correct?"
"Zalmoxis gives, and Zalmoxis takes.. but do not think my interest is economical. No, faithful folks there work and quarry all day, and even some.. sinful folks who seek moral enlightenment."
"Yes, in death. That is beyond the topic at hand. Our project is roads. Paved roads. Which require stones. Many stones. I, and probably the entire Dacian population would enjoy that. However, to pave this many roads, many stones will be required. It would be best if export of stones to be stopped until this project is over"
"Labour is in shortage, however, my King. We need manpower for that.."
"Labour shall be found, both for the quarries, and for the road construction. Look to the west, to what most people call empty and barren wastelands. Which, due to policies of local nobility is true, but there's a lot of Slavs living there. If we send some troops there, and convince them to work, and then employ the poorer Dacians living in the slums, I am sure that not only the roads will be built, it shall be done in record time."
"There remains one more problem, my Lord. With all due respect, we don't have skilled enough engineers..."
"This is where these friendly gentlemen behind you come to play. Meet Cornellius, Constantine, Eugen and Florin. They used to be engineers in the Confederation down south, until their employer said something about the local tyrant's palace and him, and everyone working for him exiled. They were so nice to offer their services to us."
"Yes. We feel honoured by your Grace that they have decided to choose our services, and I'm sure we would have been happy to oblige even without this.. unfortunate accident."
"This is the plan for the renewed road system of Dacia."

"It will take at least 15 years, but we guarantee these roads will last for more than 150 years! You shall be remembered as a great builder who brought prosperity to Dacia!"
"Now, members of the Council. Please vote on this new project, which will bring Dacia and the Dacians a bright new future.."
It was accepted with an absolute majority. The Road Project of Dacia shall began, bringing both bad and good.

"One would expect that a government could hold a civil discussion," Marcellus Drusus Numidius muttered to the man next to him, though not even his intended audience could hear. The Senate was in an absolute uproar over - unsurprisingly, Marcellus thought - the Nordfolk and talks of peace. The populists and Milites Carthaginis were unwilling to take a step back, and the ex-soldiers especially could not utter a single sentence without tying it into the long-dead concept of Mare Nostrum. “Not even a quarter of the sea is ours anymore!” a voice cried out somewhere on the Senate floor. The old Greek amphitheatre which now housed the main meeting place for the government only amplified this statement, and the words were easily audible to every man present. As if the Senate wasn’t loud enough, this sparked yet another wave of outbursts which even the consuls could not hold back. Insults flew just as fast as facts, and Marcellus - among other senators throughout the crowd - seemed ready to leave before the debate continued a second further. Marcellus stood and was about to move before he caught the glimpse of a shape moving towards the Senate with haste and importance. Just as if an inferno suddenly surrendered and died out, leaving naught but the sound of silence to fill the void, the whole Senate quickly came to a halt as a man strode towards the consuls came to their attention, letter in hand and followed by an ambassador from Nornidr.

“Welcome back to Carthage, Numerius Seius Iuba,” one of the consuls greeted him, his voice sounding slightly strained and nervous. “What news do you bring?”

“If not for the fact that I could hear the Senate’s squabbling from the docks, I would say it was good news, Consul,” Numerius’s voice dripped with contempt as he strode to the center of the theatre. “I bring, along with Floki Oddrson Gamling, the Nordfolk ambassador to Carthage, a peace treaty to ensure peace for at least seventy-and-five more years, if not more.”

The inferno of rage burned once more for a few brief seconds in response.

“ENOUGH!” Numerius’s voice rang out across the Senate, quelling the arguments once more with his own anger. “By Juno, I tire of your constant, pathetic arguments! We must make firm decisions, not constantly demand inches of land. And I have the firm decision which we have agreed upon. [name here], if you would?”

Ambassador Gamling nodded in the dirrection of the consuls. “I am honored to present to the leadership and the Allthing of the Carthfolk a treaty forged between King Joffur Brand the Halfhammer and your ambassador, Senator N. Seius Iuba following the orders of your consuls. This document reads as follows - “

The Treaty of Ispanland

Let these words bind the people of the Nording and the Carthfolk together in eternal friendship and peace.

The Senate of the Carthfolk swear to forever recognize Nording Dominion over the Lands of Thrallmark, or Corsica, in their tongue, and Ispanland, or as they call it, Iberia.

The Senate of the Carthfolk offer as a gift to the King of the Nording all the lands they call Palma, aside for the Island of Ibiza. These islands will be made unto the Jarlheimr of Helliyar, and will be given to Juliar the Rumling, and his sons, the Rumlings, for ever.

Joffur Brand the Halfhammer and his sons gives a tribute of 15 chests of gold over the course of the next century.

Joffur Brand the Halfhammer gives Carthfolk Merchants trade and access to the lands of the Nording until Judgement and the Twilight of the world.

These words are hereby signed by oath

Joffur Brand Halfhammer Snorrison.

The ambassador finished, and a hush fell over the senators. Before the arguments could start, the other consul stood, and proclaimed in a voice just as nervous as his partner’s, “I would like to call a vote to sign this treaty.”

A senator jumped to his feet, his words carrying pure hatred. Tiberius Maximus Valerius, one of the Milites Carthaginis and a man descended directly from a line of Roman patricians shouted out, “Never in my lifetime shall we agree to such a deal! The Soldiers of Carthage will vote against, and I vote to send the head of the scum standing with us back on a spear!”

A surprising number of cheers echoed his sentiment. Marcellus looked around the Senate, and to his dismay he saw a majority standing with Tiberius against the peace. "Are you mad?!" Marcellus's voice rang out. "The Nornidr will have our heads as well if we fight any longer, if not the Latiniki or Cyrenacians!"

Tiberius strode down to the stage. "And we sit idle, then our grandchildren shall meet the same fate! The Mediterranean Sea is OUR sea, you fool. The land is OUR land. We are the strongest nation since the broken Roman Empire to grace these beautiful seas. We will not be forced into submission. There will be no peace until we stand victorious, with the blood of our enemies on our blades, and our lands flying under the same banner once again!"

The Soldiers of Carthage roared their approval with one voice, shaking the stone floor. Tiberius looked at the consuls, an evil grin across his face. "Call the vote, Consul. Let us see if your simple peace will hold against the might of Carthage."

"V-very well, Tiberius." The consul in front of Tiberius timidly cleared his throat as he addressed the Senate. "All in favor, please rise."

A mere 30 men stood, Marcellus included. Numerius Seius Iuba roared in rage and ushered out the Nordfolk ambassador before he became a gruesome message to their king. Tiberius proudly ripped the scroll containing the treaty from the consul's hands, and tossed it into the fire, raising a fist in triumph. The gesture was echoed by those who favored war, sparking a chorus of cheers and cries of "Mare Nostrum!" as the offered peace turned to ash, flames licking at the sky as if to signal the coming of a new age.

There would be war.

From Ishfania
To Aquitaine

While we share some doctrinal differences, we remain the only strong Christian states in Western Europe. Can we agree to a pact of mutual defence, to ward off the pagan Germans?

-Allfather: The faith of the Allfather is a variant of Christianity that incorporates Germanic myths, traditions, and even deities, to the point where the Syrian church does not even recognize the Faith of the Allfather as Christian.

From Ishfania
To Aquitaine

While we share some doctrinal differences, we remain the only strong Christian states in Western Europe. Can we agree to a pact of mutual defence, to ward off the pagan Germans?

OOC: We're technically a really weird sect of Christianity.

Edit: They syrians don't recognize us, but the Gallics might? SK?

To: The King of Aksum

Brother and friend, greetings. We are both proud and prosperous nations, and a believe that a pact between us would be a benefit to all. I find myself unmarried, and I believe you have several daughters. Let us seal our friendship, and an alliance, through marriage.

Shalom lekha.

To: Shido Jeyte, King of Yibram

We accept the offer. Let there be many celebrations in our two great nations!

From Ishfania
To Aquitaine

We agree.

OOC: Gallic Chruch doesn't recognize Allfather as Christianity either. Also, I'll update the religions post to completion by tomorrow.

I'm stupid. Sorry about that.

The Azanian city-states who do reply generally respond with this: while they appreciate that Yibram is mindful of their interests, they are not inclined to accept the Yibri offer at the present time. Perhaps another day.

To: Yibram

And you expect us to just offer ourselves to you and your foreign beliefs? No. This is our island, and we will fight to the death to keep it ours.

To: Yibram

Certainly! The Yibri are more than welcome to come to our land, and we accept your most gracious offer.

To: Arabia

There is little reason for enmity beyond religious differences. Thus, we propose the following deal.

In return for the marriage of your leader's daughter's hand in marriage to my son, and the subsequent signing of a defensive pact, Christianity will cease being persecuted within the limits of Babylon.

Top Bottom