Kathys graphic modcomps

Coming from someone who's done way too many ships recently I can tell you proportionate scaling does not work. The only rules you really need to worry about are:
1. Galley < Trireme
2. Caravel and Carrack < SOTL, Frigate, Galleon

That's it. All other units look fine no matter how out of scale. It's always better to have a model large enough to be visible at a glance by the player than to have something tiny that will get lost or huge and ugly.

I agree in principle. However, this ratio is, in my view, not bad
CS.JPG

My general rule is to zoom out to the highest level the player can still see units (there is a cutoff where they just don't render) and if the unit is still clearly distinguishable for what it is than it's fine.

Alternatively you can just make sure it ain't smaller than the generic workboat. That works too.

Do you only want it to fire like a machinegun, or do you also need other changes, like smaller barrels? I think it will be possible.

By the way, do you already know my already existing Gatling machine gun?

By that point aren't you just making a completely new model from scratch?

No problem, I just need some time to work it out. For some reasons, some effects are directed in the opposite direction, but I could correct this. so, use this modell with the attached .kfm (and .kf), and it should so as you wanted.
The cannon.nif is with smaller gun barrels, while cannon_fx.nif is original size.

I made it from Saibothlehs "Bunny girl" Leaderhead, without changing any animations. So I am afraid you will have to ask him.

ah ok thank you very much xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx y z

Hello Kathy!

I modified the Panther Radar Vehicle you posted in Nifscope and made some textures, it is now a sort fictionalized "Kätzchen APC", see image. Would it be possible to alter the animation to be the standard Mechanized Infantry and not the Panzer one, since it uses MG and not a tank gun?

Attachments

• Kätzchen APC.rar
    135.8 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Animations are not my area of expertise, I did a few changes of effects, but I am not sure if I am able to change it from one skeleton to another. I can try it, but I can not guarante that it will work. For my last project I needed also someone else who did the animations for me. I will see what I can do.

Animations are not my area of expertise, I did a few changes of effects, but I am not sure if I am able to change it from one skeleton to another. I can try it, but I can not guarante that it will work. For my last project I needed also someone else who did the animations for me. I will see what I can do.

Top Bottom