Votes: 37 22.7%
  • Full Americas versus Empty Old World!

Votes: 35 21.5%
  • Caesar on Deity!

Votes: 22 13.5%
  • Pillaging Vikings!

Votes: 12 7.4%

• Total voters
I don't see it in my games. It's easy for me to capture Constantinople as Germany. Are you playing the latest RFC patch? Especially if Confucianism is founded by the Greeks.

Oh, that's why. I'm playing the Mac version of BtS, so I'm stuck with the pre-pakaged version. Unless this patch is included in 3.19, I haven't gotten around to getting that yet.

Hey, I have been lurking around here for a while and just joined the forums. I've read all of the King of the World games and I really love them - great games and great narration.

Anyways, I voted for Ice Age, having played on that map quite a bit, I enjoy it because it's still a "normal" Earth map (no mod or map editing, start from Ancient era) but it's different from Earth or Earth18. By the way, there are two IceAge maps; one is the vanilla version, which randomly generates the starts, and one in BtS that has set leaders in set positions (i.e. Celts start in Europe, Mayans start in N. America). I assume that if you're playing as Ragnar, you'll be playing on the first one.

Romans on Deity would have been my second pick.

It's neck and neck and neck - currently 28 votes for each of Ice Age, Full Americas and Rhye's.

So... can these all be combined? An ice age map WITH full americas? (And Rhye's as well, if that's possible, which I suspect it isn't.)

The Old World New World concept can still be a balanced game by having Neal start in Alaska/Canada or jungle. Either way it would ****** his growth. Having England and Japan as the only 2 old world civs gives them a chance for survival. Assuming you go with raging barbs their islands give them a protected core. With regular barbs any AI's should be able to cope. Whatever is the chosen game I'm sure the writeup will be awesome... :bowdown::king: Blatant brownnosing? Whatever are you talking about?

I was considering doing a thread here on the Ice Age map, but Neal would do a way better job I'm sure. Its one of my favorite maps to play on.

actually, i've changed my mind about Rhye's (so when doing the totalling subtract one from ice age and add to to Rhye's). I say do that. even if the game turns out to be as fun as it was when RB did it, your writing style will make up for it. (unless it frustrates you to the point that you dont want to put the effort in as its just not worth it)

For an example of how classic CIV players react to RFC, read that thread. Some of the minor complaints had been addressed, but the main gist remains.

Of course, I am scaremongering here. :p

oh yes, I remember that thread. however Neal dealing with some if the the more... 'realistic' aspects of the game might be entertainign to watch. but so was Mad's insuryanity and Multiple Monty Madness. might really annoy Neal though. lets find out.

I say Ice Age is my favorite. I think New World->Old World sounds interesting too, but I say stick a few spicy civs in the old world... maybe Shaka, Ghengis, and Cathy... and let them grow toward each other. They'd probably end up something like the New World in all the other games. I just don't know what to say about the new world except if you stuck in the remaining 15 civs they'd all basically be OCCs until Astronomy, unless someone started conquering everyone else...

EDIT: Or... maybe a switcheroo... stick Monty, Roosy, and Hapablap in the Old World and cram all the oldies into the New World. You can even stick Qin on Cuba just to be mean. It would make for some interesting times :D

For an example of how classic CIV players react to RFC, read that thread. Some of the minor complaints had been addressed, but the main gist remains.

Of course, I am scaremongering here. :p

I remember that thread. I was a lurker at the time, but those people just refused to play Rhye's like anything other than a normal civ game, and yelled at Rhye's for daring to change things about the core game in his mod. Hopefully Neal doesn't do that, although it would be entertaining.

Top Bottom