KiwiTT's Road to War Mini-Mod

Will you be incorporating a limit on number of units per tile? Seems unrealistic to be able to stack say 30 armies in one tile (this is true even for vanilla RTW units, IMHO). There is a mod somewhere which attempts this, but I've not figured out how to implement it.

Just out of interest, I was looking at extracting the bombing mechanics you had arranged for this mod so that I could use them for myself in Wolfshanze as this system makes more sense than the default Civ 4 Bombing System to me... Dale or you Kiwitt might be able to give me advice on how to get it out of this mod so that I can add it to Wolfshanze for myself...

I suggest you look into Dales Combat Mod

I being playing Germans at "Noble" level and I found I could have "Nuclear Power", i.e. all techs by the time I was ready to invade Russia. This is not good.

I consider "Noble" to be the standard level people will play at, so I want all techs to be reached sometime after 1945 at this level. I am going to look at the costs for each tech.

0.22-0.24 Patch Posted.
Spoiler :
Many nations have lost access to larger units completely as they never built them historically. And other larger units are rarer still. This eliminates one more of the playability settings which equalised the major nations

0.25 Patch:

Anyone report any save game load and crashes ?

Reverting to 0.24 to see if it is stable as well.

NOTE: I did update my Video driver as well so it could be the cause.

Hi kiwitt.

I am having the issue with the CTD upon making my first turn after loading my save-game....so i doubt it's your graphics drivers.

I must say, RTW mod and your 'added ingredients' have totally hooked me back onto Civ. I was playing for 14 hours straight yesterday. :crazyeye:

Hope you can fix this soon. Keep up the good work!

I have posted a thread here to get some ideas on how to solve the CTDs

Just in case you miss it, i posted some details in that other thread for you.

I have two maps 0.2 and 0.24. I may leave 0.25 in place and play 0.20 map

Slight change of direction being considered.

Giant Global Map 6.1, but with my unique units.

Another problem with my changes is that a div, a corp, a army all cost the same in maintenance, which is not right. So will consider reverting back to divisions only. Artillery will continue to be used to represent higher level HQs.

Rather than take a different turn I have decided to debug the errors. Currently very busy outside modding so please bear with me.

It is good to know that you still work on it. You make that mod better and better. thanks:goodjob:

On a more positive note. I have notice the Barbarian Merchant ships did not disappear they will killed by the established maritime powers giving them much needed experience points. :D

I have traced the problem to version 0.24 of the Units. 0.23 is fine.

Kiwitt, i downloaded the files you posted in #1 of this thread.
It's not clear to me how they have to be installed/copied.

Then i've also seen that some earlier version works better than some newer.

Is possible for you put together all the good files in a unique rar, possibly together with the instructions to install in a txt?

And update #1 accordingly?

Can i suggest that you call this version 0.25.1 or something?

Top Bottom