Known Issues and To-Do

MongooseMod 4.2a
for Beyond the Sword 3.19

Known Issues:

* Boar, Rhino, and Floating Fortress don't have any animations.
* Falcon has no sound when attacking.
* Snakes sound like War Elephants when fighting.
* Quinquereme doesn't chuck rocks, and the siege tower on it is visible underwater.

* "Slow" effect doesn't boost opponent combat strength if it puts their withdrawal over the limit.
* Promotion mouseover string doesn't reflect withdrawal overflow effects when it's directly on a unit.
* ACM doesn't display defender withdrawal odds.

* City View doesn't disable Hydro Plant building list h/h penalties when it's inactive, and doesn't display combo h/h on Coal / Uranium in bonus list when their plants are active.
* Foreign Advisor civic list runs off the screen.

To-Do in 4.3:

* Merge most of the current K-Mod code into the MongooseMod DLL.

* Scale all Tech costs down slightly.
* Add one more thing to the Info Advisor Statistics tab.
* Update MAX_TRADE_ROUTES XML global.

Later:

* Update the Archer and Horse Archer arrows, and combat vocal sound effects on all units, for the massive custom ethnic unit graphics update in version 4.2.

Last edited:
I just downloaded the main module and the 3.5.2 patch. When I try to start this I'm getting two error messages (which are the same): "GFC Error; failed to initialize the primary control theme"; then BTS crashes. Any ideas?

I just downloaded the main module and the 3.5.2 patch. When I try to start this I'm getting two error messages (which are the same): "GFC Error; failed to initialize the primary control theme"; then BTS crashes. Any ideas?

The mod has been tested and confirmed to work (using this public zip file even! :)) on Windows XP, Vista, and now also 7. The public patch zip has been tested on Windows 7. I am 99.5% sure there are no problems with either.

The control theme error happens as a result of the custom UI theme the mod uses (and there are a few other major mods that also have these). I have to assume that if you're getting this error, the zips are either not installed correctly, or there are extra files in MyDocuments/MyGames/BtS/CustomAssets/ that are messing it up. Please be sure you put the MongooseMod folder in C:/Civ4/BtS/Mods/ or something similar, that the patch zip was merged in and didn't somehow overwrite the entire main zip's folder, and that CustomAssets is empty.

Sorry if this is not the spot to post this but we love the mod but found a problem with the AI. We found that the AI doesn't build a palace first if you start without playing the Paleolithic option. We aren't sure if it will build a palace even if you start in Paleolithic once you get to the stone building tech although the AI seems to play poorly from here as well so we guess it is the same. This puts the AI at a huge disadvantage to the player. We also found that the wonder (Terracotta Army) that allows access to all the legal civics didn't share amongst the team, it was only accessible to the person who built the wonder (team share was turned off).

Very cool mod and very stable, thanks for all your work, and hope this helps out.

Sorry if this is not the spot to post this

So far everyone has, kinda automatically, posted all their bug reports in the main thread, so I didn't feel enough need for a dedicated bug thread to create one. (Plus I thought we had just about squashed all the bugs already, so I didn't think there would be any more reports, heh.)

That's totally fine though - it's my fault for not having such a thread, it's my fault for still having bugs in the mod, and I was actually gonna delete this sticky we're in now anyway cuz I haven't been using it. (But don't worry, I can get a moderator to move these posts to the main thread if I do that... I would never delete them. ;))

We found that the AI doesn't build a palace first if you start without playing the Paleolithic option. We aren't sure if it will build a palace even if you start in Paleolithic once you get to the stone building tech although the AI seems to play poorly from here as well so we guess it is the same. This puts the AI at a huge disadvantage to the player.

I specifically checked, back when I set all this up which was a while ago now, that the AI was getting a spiked star capital symbol on its cities, which would indicate the presence of a Palace. (At least I think I checked this... I must have...)

I also vaguely remember checking it for later-era starts, too, though I could be remembering wrong... Still, the way the code works, the AI will look over all available building options each turn and pick the best one. The near-zero cost should make it pick the Palace immediately, even on advanced starts.

Obviously I will re-check all of this now that you've brought it up as a potential problem, and I will add code to force it to do it right, if necessary. I'm pretty sure, just from memory, that it has built them in my own Prehistoric-start games though.

We also found that the wonder (Terracotta Army) that allows access to all the legal civics didn't share amongst the team, it was only accessible to the person who built the wonder (team share was turned off).

This should be easy to fix. I'll take a look.

Very cool mod and very stable, thanks for all your work, and hope this helps out.

Hearing statements like that from people I've never seen before really helps keeps my interest level up in terms of maintaining the mod during long periods where I'm not actually playing it myself, so thank you very much for posting. :)

Hello

I m a beginner in this mod MongooseMod (4.01 version).
After have launch the game with this mod, i have no text in the in the main menu
Do you know why?
many thanks..:p
Extonjaez

Top Bottom