Known virtues and tooltip madness.

Thanks. I actually got number 9 in m disorganised notes but forgot it.

2x checked (at 9.14)
Industry 10 is
+25% to internal trade routes

Industry 12 is
+?25?% energy ...(unreadable)

Prosperity seems rather weak atm:

"1. Frugality
10% food is carried over after city growth"

This is really weak, the aquaduct from civ V gives 40%... , i understand that they don't want to give something OP early game but they can atleast buff it to 20% or 25%.

"2. Helping Hands
15% faster tile improvement construction"

Already been said bye a number of u, 15% is nothing for faster tile improvement construction...
They need to buff it to 25% or higher before i even consider taking it.

"Synergy for 10 Prosperity virtues
+1 health in every city"

Only 1 health? This is a tier II synergy buff, this needs to be better.

Untill prosperity virtues are getting buffed i'm not even considering taking any because knowledge and industry sound way better and doesn't feel like u are wasting virtues in maxing them.

Helping Hands is too weak, but I have to disagree on Frugality. It's the first virtue, and the Industry and Knowledge openers aren't that strong either. They also only give 10% bonuses, and the one from Foresight will possibly be rounded down to nothing until you have more than 10 science. Frugality looks to me like the best choice for the first virtue and we'll have to see what it unlocks to compete with Field Research, Central Planning or Commodization -the other early virtues are only really good after you have already grown and expanded a bit.
I might even choose Helping Hands relatively early just to get to Pathfinders and grab more expedition bonuses, but I really hope it gets buffed before release.

Prosperity seems rather weak atm

I think it's best to compare virtues with Civ 5 policies. Prosperity virtues are in general a little bit weaker than Civ 5 analogues but it's compensated by the fact that it's bonuses benefit both wide and tall. For example, unlike Tradition finisher, Frugality provides bonuses not only for the first 4 cities. Plus the bonus could stack with Aqueduct analogue (if there's any).

Helping Hands is too weak, but I have to disagree on Frugality. It's the first virtue, and the Industry and Knowledge openers aren't that strong either. They also only give 10% bonuses, and the one from Foresight will possibly be rounded down to nothing until you have more than 10 science. Frugality looks to me like the best choice for the first virtue and we'll have to see what it unlocks to compete with Field Research, Central Planning or Commodization -the other early virtues are only really good after you have already grown and expanded a bit.
I might even choose Helping Hands relatively early just to get to Pathfinders and grab more expedition bonuses, but I really hope it gets buffed before release.

If u put it that way, i have to agree with u.

I think it's best to compare virtues with Civ 5 policies. Prosperity virtues are in general a little bit weaker than Civ 5 analogues but it's compensated by the fact that it's bonuses benefit both wide and tall. For example, unlike Tradition finisher, Frugality provides bonuses not only for the first 4 cities. Plus the bonus could stack with Aqueduct analogue (if there's any).

This is indeed for "Frugality", but "Helping Hands" is still way to weak to be noticed to tile improvements who doesn't take 6 turns to be constructed (from 7 turns, 15% of 7 is above 1 so then u would notice it takes 1 turns from it...)

This is indeed for "Frugality", but "Helping Hands" is still way to weak to be noticed to tile improvements who doesn't take 6 turns to be constructed (from 7 turns, 15% of 7 is above 1 so then u would notice it takes 1 turns from it...)

We don't know how it's rounded. If building time is always rounded down, for example, 15% could be huge :)

Also, we don't know tile improvement building times and other bonuses to stack with. Or, for example, whether the new wonders (which are built on tiles) count.

So, it's to early to judge the balance...

There is a new gameplay video from PAX prime that appears to show us some virtues that we've never seen before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=S0Jx6GVxuPQ&app=desktop

knowledge 14: technoartisans
Earn extra science equal to 25% of culture you are generating

3rd knowledge synergy bonus: earn +10% science in every city

Tier 3 synergy bonus: +10% growth, production, science, culture and energy bonus in every city

There is a new gameplay video from PAX prime that appears to show us some virtues that we've never seen before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=S0Jx6GVxuPQ&app=desktop

knowledge 14: technoartisans
Earn extra science equal to 25% of culture you are generating

3rd knowledge synergy bonus: earn +10% science in every city

Tier 3 synergy bonus: +10% growth, production, science, culture and energy bonus in every city

Actually, that's only the 2nd knowledge bonus. The video shows having only filled out 2/3 of the bar for the 3 synergies.

From Pax Live

PROSPERITY Tier II
*Pioneer Spirit: -25% Culture needed for border expansion.

*Gift Economy: +3 Energy from your land based trade routes to foreign cities
+3 Energy from your sea based trade routes to foreign cities

From Pax Live

PROSPERITY Tier II
*Pioneer Spirit: -25% Culture needed for border expansion.

*Gift Economy: +3 Energy from your land based trade routes to foreign cities
+3 Energy from your sea based trade routes to foreign cities

I can confirm this info:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4RvCTqoGaM&hd=1

Civilization: Beyond Earth Stage Demo - PAX Prime 2014

Pioneer Spirit: Number 7 in prosperity.
Gift Economy: Number 8 in prosperity.

It seems that "helping hands" has been removed and replaced by "workforce iniative". Its effect is: "Gain a free worker unit"

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdaCu5mr0AY

(time: 3.59)

So going PAC, getting the Machinery spaceship bonus and then going two Virtues down in Prosperity to Workforce Initiative will net you two workers to improve infrastructure and a + 10% growth?

I'm officially starting with PAC in my first playthrough.

(Assuming things don't change too much ... which they will.)

PC Gamer first 100 turn

Prosperity 3 looks like +50% to outpost growth
Prosperity 9 is +2 pop for new cities

Prosperity Synergy bonus 1 (5 virtues) is +10% growth in every city

PC gamer 100 turns, i also found prosperity number 2: it gives a free worker.

It looks like i'm going into the prosperity tree after all :)

I was also eyeing up that free worker. The only question is if they tweaked the Machinery as well. If they haven't then two free workers early on may be the best choice all around. You may not unlock the rest of the Prosperity Virtues, but that'll probably be the opening move for many.

I was also eyeing up that free worker. The only question is if they tweaked the Machinery as well. If they haven't then two free workers early on may be the best choice all around. You may not unlock the rest of the Prosperity Virtues, but that'll probably be the opening move for many.

If you have one from the beginning of the game, a second is less useful (you could end up outracing your population growth). That means it Might be better to go in another direction first (industry/knowledge to get buildings/building options up fast)

If the latest batch of 100-turn gameplay videos are any indication, you have to keep in mind the fact workers can often be threatened by roaming aliens. The Prosperity worker might come in handy to quickly replace unfortunate losses.

If the latest batch of 100-turn gameplay videos are any indication, you have to keep in mind the fact workers can often be threatened by roaming aliens. The Prosperity worker might come in handy to quickly replace unfortunate losses.
It really shouldn't be a problem if you don't ignore the aliens and let them eat your workers, and instead take refuge in a city when they come into range.

Top Bottom