Korean Units Graphic revised (my suggest for next RFCD VD mod units update)

gatsby123

Chieftain
Korean Units.jpg
제목 없음.jpg
(first is revised VD version / second is original VD version

Arquebusier, Grenadier, Infantry
Mechanized Infantry, Musketeer, Longbowman
Bomber, Fighter, Pikeman
Mobile Artillery (Vanilla), Gunship (Vanilla), Cuirassier

I changed VD mod's Korean Units Graphic in RFCD with other sources. As a Korean, It looks more historical and traditional Korean than current RFCD VD's Korean Units. The Current VD Korean Units are look like Chinese army than Korean Army. So this is why I revised the units.
If it is possible, I wish it will present at next RFCD's VD update, so please think about my suggestion dev.

Also, I changed korean Gunship, Mobile Artillery 's graphic into vanilla one (look like Western Arms) because Modern Korean Force don't use Soviet, Chinese or Eastern Arms currently.

If any interested, this is instruction for this.

1. (if you didn't use VD mod) Download the original VD mod and paste in RFC Dawn of Civilization folder.

2. Download my "korea.zip" and paste folder "korea" into RFC Dawn of Civilization / Assets / Modules / Varietas Delectat / Art / Units (paste it here)

3. Download my "VD_CIV4ArtDefines_Unit" , "Pikeman_CIV4ArtDefines_Unit", "Musketman_CIV4ArtDefines_Unit" and paste into
RFC Dawn of Civilization / Assets / Modules / Varietas Delectat / XML / UnitArt (paste here)

4. Download my "VD_Korea_CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos" and paste into
RFC Dawn of Civilization / Assets / Modules / Varietas Delectat / XML / UnitArtStyles&CivInfos (paste here)

P.S for me this works fine with Current Git Version. If Leoreth thinks this is ok, just as you changed the graphics of Korean cities some time ago with Git, I'd be grateful to update this with Git if possible

Attachments

• korea.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 85
  • Musketman_CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml
    39.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Pikeman_CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml
    16.6 KB · Views: 57
  • VD_CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
  • VD_Korea_CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml
    27.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I love it. Can you make this a pull request against the Varietas Delectat repo?

Also, can you show a before and after for the affected units?

I love it. 1) Can you make this a pull request against the Varietas Delectat repo?

2) Also, can you show a before and after for the affected units?

1 ) How to pull request? I'm new to this community sorry ㅜ.ㅜ

2) What do you mean? you mean affected(changed) codes in xml files?

I made this revise version 1 year ago, so I'm not pretty remember each codes changed exactly so I may need time to take a look at it. But Units only I mentioned are changed with graphic.
By the way, I didn't change or add new type units or specs. "korea" folder has these units' graphic files, so I just only changed Units' graphic paths in XML files. (so sources are in korea folder)

Simply, attached "Korea" folder has my Korean VD mod's 1) Pikeman / Longbowman / Arquebusier / Musketeer / Grenadier / Cuirassier / Infantry / Mechanized Infantry / Fighter / Bomber 's graphic files. only units showed in the photo are affected. I only made each units' graphic definition(?), presenting pathway(?, I don't know English word) XML to present korean civ units to this graphic

2) I changed Korean VD mod's Mobile Artillery, Gunship xml path to Vanilla one.

Conclusion, I add new graphic files(korea folder), then change units' graphic showing pathways(VD korea unit pathways XML is so linked to "korea" folder). Only I did two things and not touched nothing else in VD or RFCD.

sorry for my bad english, English is not my mother tongue so you may misunderstand my saying, hope theres nothing wrong

Last edited:
I love it. Can you make this a pull request against the Varietas Delectat repo?

Also, can you show a before and after for the affected units?

I went to your link but i don't know how to request and reflect my revised files. If someone could do that for me that's very thank. I need to learn about that..

and about your second request, you mean [ VD mod's original Korean units / my revised units ] photo to compare?

1 ) How to pull request? I'm new to this community sorry ㅜ.ㅜ
If you don't, no problem. I will incorporate it myself later.

2) What do you mean? you mean affected(changed) codes in xml files?
No, ingame graphics. Old and new side by side.

They look awesome! Very gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing this in the community I think everyone will appreciate this :goodjob:

If you don't, no problem. I will incorporate it myself later.

No, ingame graphics. Old and new side by side.

I uploaded New / Old Graphic photo.

the original foot units are look like Han Chinese army. Korean armor is not look like that.
(if not showing, right click and open with new tap)
this is [Namhansanseong]'s Korean Arquebusier, which is about Qing-Joseon War 1636-1637
A film with great historical evidence.

+ https://weaponsandwarfare.com/2019/08/09/korean-army-imjin-war/

Also, modern korean army use Apache, Cobra Gunship mainly and
(if not showing, right click and open with new tap)
this is K-9 Thunder, which is Korean army's main mobile artillery(Korea has MLRS but not main weapon)
. So I changed to vanilla one because that looks more similar than original VD's one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom