KoS5 - Mansa Musa and The Cottage Economy

We don't need Agriculture until we've settled on top of a grain resource. Other than that I wouldn't trade for those small techs to avoid hitting WFYABTA limit... and one more thing... the more time we have with Aesthetics, the more likely we get to finish TGL, which is the most important. So don't trade Aesthetics at all until TGL is almost done for sure.

iIrc our 2nd city is already suffering from unhealthiness so the next (or second next) city would be nice on a health resource.

How mach it will cost as to just buy health resource (Some sort of grain for +2 bonus with granary) for GPT? We might want to consider that. On other hand, single non riverside city may be does not worth it.

Good points regarding the trading. I won't trade Aesthetics for anything, TGL will not be built this turnset.

We can trade Poly for PH with Wang Kon. Sounds good to me.

Your right that city 2 has health issues, but these aren't stopping it growing. I agree we want some health resources, the only concern is the order. The corn is the best option IMO.

So, 1st city on Iron, SW of cap, 2nd on the corn, 3rd on sheep OR copper. SW Iron gets 5 riverside grassland, and 2 non-river grassland tiles.

Well guys, not much happened. I played 13 turns, until Currency was finished.

The things of note were:
- Revolted to OR
- Traded PH for Poly with Wang Kon
- Refused to give tribute (Aesthetics) to SB
- Traded our wine for cows with SB
- Revolted to HR when Monarchy was learnt (it cost nothing in turns or maintenace, so I did it without asking the team)
- Whipped Libraries in cities 2 & 3.
- 1 chop in Timbuktu into TGL, I think this was a mistake as it instantly gave it health issues
- Just whipped a settler in Timbuktu, should be about 25 hammers overflow

Only other mistake I think was using the overflow of the library whip in wine city for a warrior for MP (we had happiness issues). I didn't see the warrior under the label!

CoL is a placeholder, no research done yet.

Resources:
Spoiler :

Tech:
Spoiler :

I guess Civil Service makes the most sense now anyway. All we need is really 6 cities.. any more will be good though.

TCMIV you're up!

I won't be able to play for a few days, a swap or skip would be appreciated.

Sorry :(

I look on save and I want to discuss next city location.

I would rather settle Iron. Corn would not go anywhere and we can live a little bit with out health.

Iron on other hand will claim and block a lots of land.

Sounds good. We need Agriculture to benefit from the corn but that's a 1 turn research I guess.

Next settler should also come soon anyway.

Personally, I think the Iron first is a no brainer.

There not that many of as, so I played until logical point, finishing GL.

Basically was selling tech for gold why pre chopping all forest around capital in order to chop everything in with help of bureaucracy.

So, run deficit research all the time. Whipped worker and settler, settle cooper.

I sell iron, but barbarian city spawn and cut our trade routes. One of reason why I settle cooper next - trade routes instantly back. Sitting bill settle toward as.

Illustrations in no particular order.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Agreed
Spoiler :

First deal, cancel by barbarian city
Spoiler :

New deal
Spoiler :

Refused
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Refused
Spoiler :

Attachments

• KoS5 AD-0125.CivBeyondSwordSave
    178.4 KB · Views: 74
Very nice :goodjob:

We need to get another half decent city at least... possibly that barb city.

I think this might turn out pretty easy even though some AIs are getting pretty large.

Rusten, you're up!

I doubt that we can get that barb city, Sitting Bull has a number of units just outside of it.

Our two neighbours have very different feelings toward us. Ramesses loves us, but SB not so much. I would give SB CoL in order to get the 'fair' trading bonus.

Looks very good indeed. Nicely played.

-Trade for Toku's sheep as capital is unhealthy (at least for 10 turns).
-Need worker(s) -- will whip 1 at least.
-2 settlers for corn and north of Oasis. May not find time for both right away.
-Music -> philosophy -> paper. Bureaucracy is less effective when we can't stack multipliers as easily. Plus, we'll have cottages in every city so free speech (liberalism) is wanted.
Philosophy early to get pacifism (OR not effective when we don't have 4 base hammers, pacifism is stronger here).

Yes, but we're spiritual so we can time our chops and whips within a 5-turn window. Doubling our GPP/t is more beneficial -- pacifism should be the main civic for a while.

Yep, leverage the spititual by being in the right civic for most of the time

Top Bottom