Land of the Samurai

"1 company is 250 Koku to maintain" So is this per 'season' or per year (4 'seasons')?

If it is per season then I and others are heading for fast bankruptcy.

The Miyoshi Clan for example have 260 companies costing 250 each to maintain = 65,000. They have 72,000 total cash.

Also could we have the growth percentage for these last ones?

There also appears to be 2 Miyoshi clans... with different figures for each.

The latest one for Miyoshi is correct.

I am going to change the money rules. 1 solider= 1 koku. We will still use the company 250 man format, just 65,000 men will cost 65,000 a year for example. This would leave them with 8,000 koku a year. They can upgrade their castles, save it, build a teppo factory and so on.

That doesn't change it... A company was 250 men so 250 Koku upkeep cost was already 1 Koku per man.

The point is it 1 Koku per man per year or per season - 4 times a year. If it's per season then Miyoshi military costs are 4 X 65,000 and they are broke. If it's 0.25 koku per season (1 Koku per year) then they could lay off some troops in season 1 and have more money in season 2.

That doesn't change it... A company was 250 men so 250 Koku upkeep cost was already 1 Koku per man.

The point is it 1 Koku per man per year or per season - 4 times a year. If it's per season then Miyoshi military costs are 4 X 65,000 and they are broke. If it's 0.25 koku per season (1 Koku per year) then they could lay off some troops in season 1 and have more money in season 2.

1 Koku a year for a solider.

The Hojo stats changed significantly from what you initially posted to what you posted just above. I trust the first are correct.

Since there are 4 'chapters'/seasons to a year, that is 4 opportunities to make changes, military upkeep is best described as 0.25 Koku per season per man. If I stand down 20 companies in the first season I presumably do not have to pay them the remaining 0.75 Koku for the rest of the year as they will not be serving.

The Hojo stats changed significantly from what you initially posted to what you posted just above. I trust the first are correct.

2nd one is official.

Since there are 4 'chapters'/seasons to a year, that is 4 opportunities to make changes, military upkeep is best described as 0.25 Koku per season per man. If I stand down 20 companies in the first season I presumably do not have to pay them the remaining 0.75 Koku for the rest of the year as they will not be serving.

You could.

Gentlemen, this is going to be a sequel. But not necessary of KKMO's game. He was so nice to be inactive for 6 months only to come back Sunday ing to me not to use his rules and now he inactive again, and oh yeah, I'm being the nice guy and hosting it since he's not!

Now gentlemen, with my vent out of the way, this is going to be base off of the .Org game. Do not expect 100,000 koku right now. In the last game war been going on for 3 years in Hojo lands for example and their lands been raided to high heaven. Therefore they don't have as much koku to spend. Amako on the other land, their lands been mostly untouched for a year or two, so they making nice money. Same with Otomo and Shimazu. Keep it up for them and it will slowly go up.

Gentlemen, also, this is not 1800's. Japan did not have millions of men to go around. Granted, yes, losing 15K in a major battle here only for you to replace them next year may be slightly unrealistic, sure, but don't expect them to be as well trained though. If you got 45K koku to blow and 35,000 men, you got 10K left. I would suggest everyone starts building fortresses in your capital lands. That is your most important provience land wise,money wise, and if you lose every thing else, it will be your command HQ for you and perhaps your allies. Toguawa lost their lands in the last game when my brother who was Imagawa surprise attack them and took his capital easily. Always fortify.

What is the name of my capital... I have looked at the modern map and have 2 largish towns, one on south coast (Okayana) and one on North coast (Tottori) can I chose?

2nd one is official.

Now gentlemen, with my vent out of the way, this is going to be base off of the .Org game. Do not expect 100,000 koku right now. In the last game war been going on for 3 years in Hojo lands for example and their lands been raided to high heaven. Therefore they don't have as much koku to spend. Amako on the other land, their lands been mostly untouched for a year or two, so they making nice money. Same with Otomo and Shimazu. Keep it up for them and it will slowly go up.

Gentlemen, also, this is not 1800's. Japan did not have millions of men to go around. Granted, yes, losing 15K in a major battle here only for you to replace them next year may be slightly unrealistic, sure, but don't expect them to be as well trained though. If you got 45K koku to blow and 35,000 men, you got 10K left. I would suggest everyone starts building fortresses in your capital lands. That is your most important provience land wise,money wise, and if you lose every thing else, it will be your command HQ for you and perhaps your allies. Toguawa lost their lands in the last game when my brother who was Imagawa surprise attack them and took his capital easily. Always fortify.

Bummer on the stats. :(

So how much of the other game is being carried over? Do all my investments in infrastructure count? Should I send you all of my spending from that game?

Bummer on the stats. :(

So how much of the other game is being carried over? Do all my investments in infrastructure count? Should I send you all of my spending from that game?

Some of the rules are. Some of them are good descriptions so I will use them. Don't worry..... it will be fun! Invite your friends :)!

OK. I will start writing up the Chapter again and it be up soon. If anyone else wants to join last minute please do so! :)

Are the stats going to be refreshed to fit the map/current story? Will you change them and simplify as kkmo requested not to use his stats?

I have already changed them to fit the current story as per requested. Besides, his stats was a bit to bulky for me :).

Top Bottom