• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Large Map and New Civilizations are now playable

Usually native worker improve mine with gems. probably you come close with your forces and scared him
I've run two games now where my units never go further north than the second native city (confusingly Chan Chan becomes Pachakamaq and Tucume becomes Chan Chan with the unfinished city name list), the natives still won't build the gem mine. Maybe it's just a problem inherent to the start I've been using?

Also, you're right, the Galapagos are part of the Andean coast territory! The UHV really is impossible right now.

Wow. Theocraty and Clergy give you +10 stability bonus for Religions Unity. How much it give with Fanatism, anyone tried it?
I'm getting +7 from theocracy and fanaticism in a Spain game. You'd think it'd be higher...

Brief Test Recap: Founding and garrisoning Qito alone did not deter Native workers already on Gem tile from continuing mine build, which returned null on Danger values. However, when control of Gold tile passed to Inca, Danger value yeeted up to 1000 and workers ran off to improve safe tiles north of Bogota. Further tests *could* yield conditions (e.g. balance of military power in immediate area, exhaustion of unimproved tiles under Bogota's control, etc) in which AI would proceed with improving the Gem, but I'd submit a prescription of low confidence to hinging a Victory strat on such an outcome.

Possible 50 Million IQ Wild Card Strat: Slave Mines are a thing now. Native civ runs Slavery. I have seen Native slaves at least in previous but recent versions so there's reasonable cause to say yes the Natives can capture slaves. Accepting these premises, it would follow that the player could "help" the AI do the thing it needs to do. Yes, you would seek to get one of your units enslaved. EDIT: Duh, this itself can't happened because of the very thing it seeks to address (can't fight Bogota units cuz no improvement!). Leaving it here for gigglez.

Further tests *could* yield conditions (e.g. balance of military power in immediate area, exhaustion of unimproved tiles under Bogota's control, etc) in which AI would proceed with improving the Gem, but I'd submit a prescription of low confidence to hinging a Victory strat on such an outcome
Yeah, I can’t say having to game the AI into building an improvement is a feel good way to win a UHV. I haven’t found another civ yet whose victory condition has a gem mine of Damocles hanging over its head… but I plan on playing some other civs I don’t see many people play this weekend, so we’ll see.

So,anyone knows what happened with this?I can play 1.17 but 1.18 has something wrong.The civs can't settle on the correct position.
View attachment 694439
It means that these files are expected to exist but don't exist in your installation. I don't think you have reinstalled the mod correctly. I recommend starting again from scratch.

Has anyone achieved the Inca UHV yet? I'm running into a consistent issue now that I'm actually taking it seriously:
So for the Inca road along the Andean coast UHV, you need to have contacted a European civ and which will cause the tile below Santiago (or I think Mapu Chuco it's currently named) turn into a hill, and build a road on that tile, as well (as someone already mentioned perhaps in the bug reports) as control the Galapagos tile, you don't actually need the Emerald tile next to Bogota to win (edit: as the "Andean coast" that is checked for the UHV ends on the tile N of Quito)

you don't actually need the Emerald tile next to Bogota to win
I know, but you need to take Bogata to get the native culture off the gold tile. I've never been able to get the culture pushed out by Qitu. (Then again, in my games the natives have usually built a monument long before the Inca spawn)

Ah, I was able to get that tile but probably at the cost of the gold in treasury UHV (in the sense I was teching more and thus had more unlocked culture producing buildings than I would've if I was banking the gold, i didn't go for the other 2 UHVs at all in that game)

I can't explain this, the Assyrians do really love dyeing their hair so much that they send their best units there all the time

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword 2024-06-22 13-52-38-435.jpg
    Civ4BeyondSword 2024-06-22 13-52-38-435.jpg
    925.1 KB · Views: 130
I was playing 600AD Play now with Ottomans, at my birth where was Mameluke sultanate. They collapsed and wtf? How Janissary came here?

Look like Turkey really have problem with Mongols. I didn't saw Ottoman Empire not a single game. Turkey always weak - coz scripted war. Instead expanding to Greece first - they getting war with Mongolia - and game over.
Mongols now kill everything. Tibet, Korea, Muhgal some time, everyone they can reach, except Rus))

tratiors.jpg

Last edited:
Had my first Celts game now that they're playable. First two goals are quite easy. Maybe adding an additional pillaging goal would spice things up a little?

Third goal makes things a little more interesting. I interpreted "Spread Orthodoxy or Catholicism to twelve cities by 1000AD" to mean "accomplish this before this date" so I'm not 100% sure if it was supposed to trigger a win as soon as the condition was completed. I'm glad it didn't though because surviving to 1000AD and defending against the Norse makes for an additional challenge.

Annihilating Rome before they get their conquerors event in Gaul is a must for the third condition imo, otherwise I think you'd have to Missionary/Settler spam from the British isles and you're less likely to get both Orthodoxy and Catholicism to naturally spread to you. It's pretty easy to harass them and snatch up cities while their armies are scattered or preoccupied, and with preparation you should be reliably able to take Rome. "Oathsworn" are beastly at assault. What are these dudes based on?

The severe tech disadvantage does make you feel quite different from the other civilizations. Now, past 1000AD I have have no idea what to do. My dream is a game where I can turn Ireland into a competitive European colonial power, but man... that is going to be tricky.

where was Mameluke sultanate
Mammies are a resurrection variant of Egypt, not a mandated civ with associated Birth parameters (Civilizations.py); they aren't certain to always appear.

coz scripted war.
Ottomans are a huge hit or miss right now, yes. I've witnessed both extremes. If they're at with Arabia and Arabians full collapse, the Ottos instantly get all of the Near East and Egypt for free. Sometimes they don't dare approach Constantinople However, there is no scripted war as in cases like Spain, Turks, or Mongols which have specific, unconditional (well, nearly) triggers and effects (AIWars.py). The Ottomans do have a vast Expansion Area (Rise.py), but also an average Aggression level (Consts.py).

Mongols now kill everything
Mongols have never killed everything in any version of this mod or its predecessor. I have seen a trend of the Mongols doing very well for a very long time, though. We shall address.
everyone they can reach
They can not. Please return from the path of exaggeration.

Mammies are a resurrection variant of Egypt, not a mandated civ with associated Birth parameters (Civilizations.py); they aren't certain to always appear.

Ottomans are a huge hit or miss right now, yes. I've witnessed both extremes. If they're at with Arabia and Arabians full collapse, the Ottos instantly get all of the Near East and Egypt for free. Sometimes they don't dare approach Constantinople However, there is no scripted war as in cases like Spain, Turks, or Mongols which have specific, unconditional (well, nearly) triggers and effects (AIWars.py). The Ottomans do have a vast Expansion Area (Rise.py), but also an average Aggression level (Consts.py).

Mongols have never killed everything in any version of this mod or its predecessor. I have seen a trend of the Mongols doing very well for a very long time, though. We shall address.

They can not. Please return from the path of exaggeration.
In independent Arabia also was Janissary. Not arquebusiers, a'm talking about that thing. Also, Ottomans start with Fanaticism, witch probably kill their UP

In independent Arabia also was Janissary.
Ah, noted now. I did not make the connection. I can not confidently address this phenomenon.

Ottomans start with Fanaticism, witch probably kill their UP
That's a good catch indeed and I'd lend my voice in disfavor as well for the sake of the Game and History.

Aaaaand the long-awaited switch to Rome finally appeared, not sure if it was an update fix or the fact that I played as Greeks instead this time

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword 2024-06-22 16-50-52-334.jpg
    Civ4BeyondSword 2024-06-22 16-50-52-334.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 110
I was playing 600AD Play now with Ottomans, at my birth where was Mameluke sultanate. They collapsed and wtf? How Janissary came here?

Look like Turkey really have problem with Mongols. I didn't saw Ottoman Empire not a single game. Turkey always weak - coz scripted war. Instead expanding to Greece first - they getting war with Mongolia - and game over.
Mongols now kill everything. Tibet, Korea, Muhgal some time, everyone they can reach, except Rus))

View attachment 694474
You also didn't have the Mongols invading Rus event? To me it's starting to feel like that it still remains attached to the Russian civ in the old way instead of now needing to be triggered by Ruthenia

You also didn't have the Mongols invading Rus event? To me it's starting to feel like that it still remains attached to the Russian civ in the old way instead of now needing to be triggered by Ruthenia
Invade event is exist, i saw sometime mongols army around Rus territory and they have war, but Mongols don't attack Rus usually, their invading army for Rus small, and usually it or just stay and do nothing or going to Byzantine

Invade event is exist, i saw sometime mongols army around Rus territory and they have war, but Mongols don't attack Rus usually, their invading army for Rus small, and usually it or just stay and do nothing or going to Byzantine
Ah I see

So this is a bug to report.

Top Bottom