• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Large Map and New Civilizations are now playable

Speaking of this, I've had the computer choose tiles with less developed cottages/villages (I can never keep the names of the different levels of cottage straight) over the more developed ones. I don't know if this is a bug, or intentional to grow those cottages.
It's fixed in latest Git version now I think

See the fix discussion in the general thread. The idea is written to prefer tiles that are close to upgrade into the next improvement, but that is intended to be weighted less than the actual yields of the tile. I think in practice the tile yield always dominates the decision, with upgrade time only used as a tie breaker.

I could have had a domination victory earlier today as USA, but I was going for the UHV. I had to repeatedly give away cities to my vassals in order to stay below 25% land area while I nuked every enemy civ into the stone age.

Attachments

• America UHV.png
    America UHV.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 172
Anyone tried Mali? Arabia always build Sankore before 1000AD. They vassalise or capture Nubia and get Ivory.
Maybe Sankore should demand control 3 gold resource to build? And Adobe Mosque

Last edited:
Anyone tried Mali? Arabia always build Sankore before 1000AD. They vassalise or capture Nubia and get Ivory.
Maybe Sankore should demand control 3 gold resource to build? And Adobe Mosque
I've done two Mali games, I missed the gold mark each time because Arabia always collapsed and Mecca's population went down to 4-6 under the independents. However I had no problem building Sankore because of this.

This desert deer - located correctly? I checked google maps for coordinates - there's nothing there that would indicate large mammals
I found it while playing Mali, but thought what it's my fault - added it with WB by accident. But no

desertdeer.jpg

I've done two Mali games, I missed the gold mark each time because Arabia always collapsed and Mecca's population went down to 4-6 under the independents. However I had no problem building Sankore because of this.
First two gold target not a big problem. You can get 2 first GM very fast. Since you start from 3000BC - you have Carthago and Oce (probably) - so you can capture them with 3 started Kelebobo and with Republic - bang! GM, Bang - another one. I send one of them to Asia (Khmer, Malay, Tibet and Turic) for contact and tech trade.
3d gold target is tough

This desert deer - located correctly? I checked google maps for coordinates - there's nothing there that would indicate large mammals
I found it while playing Mali, but thought what it's my fault - added it with WB by accident. But no

View attachment 694420
The Dorcas Gazzelle perhaps?

View attachment 694420
Pretty sure it was meant to be a camel, and @Leoreth will fix it soon.

If I remember correctly, it was me that proposed the deer during our discussions about Sahara.

The Tibesti (where the deer was originally placed) and Hoggar Mountains have large game because they have a less extreme climate than the rest of the Sahara. Alongside large game, there are also numerous small game there, which people have hunted since prehistoric times and established settlements around—there are many archaeological sites in the area.

Specifically, it was put there so it could be accessible to Fezzan cities, which have played a key role in trans-Saharan trade: Ghat, Murzuk/Murzuq, Ghadames, Bilma, Zawila, the ancient Garama, and others.

Who has stability in the deep Sahara besides the French though…

First two gold target not a big problem. You can get 2 first GM very fast. Since you start from 3000BC - you have Carthago and Oce (probably) - so you can capture them with 3 started Kelebobo and with Republic - bang! GM, Bang - another one. I send one of them to Asia (Khmer, Malay, Tibet and Turic) for contact and tech trade.
3d gold target is tough
Well, i was able get all 3UHV gold. 2GM for 1 and 2 goal in Arabian Mecca, gold rush (slider to 0%), also could help - (if where are someone willing to sell) research tech for 1 turn left and buy it. Get some gold from Sankore. Also at deadline i had 2GM sitting in independent Mecca (+2100). fist I used for gold, the second wasn't needed. All this i did with Carthago and Oce under my control. Not sure is it possible without whose cites.

Who has stability in the deep Sahara besides the French though…

Historically speaking, there are also the Arabs, Moors, Ottomans, and Italians who controlled the area. If we include the possible Songhay and Kanem-Bornu civs, that adds two more, along with Mali, which is nearby and could reasonably control the region - they can settle Agadez, which is few tiles south of it.

So,anyone knows what happened with this?I can play 1.17 but 1.18 has something wrong.The civs can't settle on the correct position.
屏幕截图(3).png

Has anyone achieved the Inca UHV yet? I'm running into a consistent issue now that I'm actually taking it seriously:
Spoiler the emeralds of UHV denial :
the roadblock.jpg

If the natives in Bogota never build that mine on the gems, you have no way of getting units there to conquer them. And Qitu's culture will never overpower Bogata's to get that gold rile under your cultural control. Maybe I'm building Qitu too early, and the native AI is just as skittish as the Inca AI about building tile improvements anywhere near enemy cities?

Also, the tech situation and first & second UHV:
  • I've been teching currency first for the market and two merchants in Qusqu so I can send a great merchant to the Aztecs, then alloys to build the cocoa plantation so my units have access to Qitu in the vain hopes of conquering Bogata. Then I go for law for the tambos and Manchu Picchu, but there's never any time left to build Manchu Picchu. I don't think 2500 gold (on normal speed) is possible without Manchu Picchu but by the time you have law unlocked it's the late 15th century at best.
  • Maybe teching law first is best, because you can use citizenship to build markets and libraries quicker?
  • The new Monarchy civic is actually pretty helpful for the Incas now, that little production boost from food does help with all of Inca's seafood resources. Unfortunately despotism might be required to build the tambos on time, as well as the cultural buildings you need in Chile to cover the deserts.
I've been trying a "northern first" expansion strategy, but I think I'll try the historical Inca expansion next, i.e. Chan Chan, Tucume, then Tiwanaku, then Chile, then settling Qitu last and conquering Bogata if the natives built that gems mine. Thoughts on tech order would be appreciated too, not being able to build Manchu Picchu when its most relevant for the UHV kinda sucks.

Edit: going for law first left with zero time for great merchants or building markets. As a bonus, look who showed up to reward me for building Manchu Picchu at the right time:
Spoiler :
italians conqs.jpg

And yes, even without building Qitu early, the Bogata natives never built that gem mine.

Last edited:
If the natives in Bogota never build that mine on the gems, you have no way of getting units there to conquer them. And Qitu's culture will never overpower Bogata's to get that gold rile under your cultural control. Maybe I'm building Qitu too early, and the native AI is just as skittish as the Inca AI about building tile improvements anywhere near enemy cities?
Assume Yes for the purpose of wargaming your North First strat. I can't produce a reason to expect otherwise *but* in the interest of Science and for the sake of diligence due I'm going to run pretty much the mirror of the earlier test program.

Has anyone achieved the Inca UHV yet? I'm running into a consistent issue now that I'm actually taking it seriously:
Spoiler the emeralds of UHV denial :

Also, the tech situation and first & second UHV:
  • I've been teching currency first for the market and two merchants in Qusqu so I can send a great merchant to the Aztecs, then alloys to build the cocoa plantation so my units have access to Qitu in the vain hopes of conquering Bogata. Then I go for law for the tambos and Manchu Picchu, but there's never any time left to build Manchu Picchu. I don't think 2500 gold (on normal speed) is possible without Manchu Picchu but by the time you have law unlocked it's the late 15th century at best.
  • Maybe teching law first is best, because you can use citizenship to build markets and libraries quicker?
  • The new Monarchy civic is actually pretty helpful for the Incas now, that little production boost from food does help with all of Inca's seafood resources. Unfortunately despotism might be required to build the tambos on time, as well as the cultural buildings you need in Chile to cover the deserts.
I've been trying a "northern first" expansion strategy, but I think I'll try the historical Inca expansion next, i.e. Chan Chan, Tucume, then Tiwanaku, then Chile, then settling Qitu last and conquering Bogata if the natives built that gems mine. Thoughts on tech order would be appreciated too, not being able to build Manchu Picchu when its most relevant for the UHV kinda sucks.

Edit: going for law first left with zero time for great merchants or building markets. As a bonus, look who showed up to reward me for building Manchu Picchu at the right time:

And yes, even without building Qitu early, the Bogata natives never built that gem mine.
Usually native worker improve mine with gems. probably you come close with your forces and scared him, so he moved away. and now you can't get 1UHV - coz part of andean rout lie on island in ocean. Also i find useful get Law first, and of coz you need build it in Tinawaka. And despotism for sure
My save for 1UHV, but don't remember, was it before or after civic change. Probably before

Attachments

• Huayna Capac AD-1548 Turn 482.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Top Bottom