Late Game CTDs

Thanks for those reports and investigations. :)

By the way, I got pass some CTDs after I disabled all RevDCM debugs to off mode from the ini files. Not sure why they would cause crashes but just in case I disabled them by default in next version.

Hi there mr Zappara! Welcome back! A question..what next version u talkin about?

Take care and keep up the good work, nice to have u back man! Hard without u :)

Thanks for those reports and investigations. :)

By the way, I got pass some CTDs after I disabled all RevDCM debugs to off mode from the ini files. Not sure why they would cause crashes but just in case I disabled them by default in next version.

i get all the way to the end without anything attached to it also, but on smaller maps also. None of those Huge or Gigantic ones.

Civchecker prints the following messages, which appear to be real errors. Any of these "could" cause a crash:

MissingArt: Art/Units/MWUnits/M60/M60ted.nif
Used: rom art/civ4artdefines_unit.xml at line 10698
MissingArt: Art/Units/Unique/Japan/Zero//Fighter.nif
Used: rom art/civ4artdefines_unit.xml at line 12491

I investigated all the reports a little further. The two quoted above are definitely issues which will cause a late game CTD ... but only for players who are not using shaders. The fixes are quite easy. At line 10698, remove the extra characters "ted". At line 12491, change the double slash to a single slash. If you have shaders turned off, or your graphics card does not support shaders, you can reproduce the crash by trying to build either unit. When production finishes, the game will try to load the unit art, fail, and crash to desktop.

Thanks a lot daxvidlallen.
I removed those entries now and will begin a new game. "just testing" ;-)

tx a lot davidlallen,

your efforts could really bring us close to solve the troubles with the mod!
So nowhere is what I am going to do as a test: will follow your suggestions about modifications in the art files AND try to do the same as Zappara did, that istry to turn debugs off in the ini files. i am then going to reload one of the saved games that used to CTD and see what is happening!

Once again, thanks a lot david:goodjob::goodjob:

cheers
nem

just tried on two of my saved games...same result. Still get CTDs as before:cry::cry::cry:. Now there are two possible considerations:
1- modifications mentioned above only take effect on new games (would be good enough)
2- the problem is not there.

BTW,
@davidlallen. i modified civartdefines as indicated but it does not look like that was responsible for CTDs since those two units (M60 and Zero fighter) could not be trained yet, neither by my civ nor by anyother ai civ.

@zappara. I tried to search for all debug options in the ini files and I only found some in mods/RoM/Revolution.ini. Are there any other elsewhere?

Cheers
Nem

If no civ could have trained those units yet, then the artdefine problem could not be causing the crash. Maybe this is a false alarm, or maybe it causes some *other* CTD besides your specific one.

Maybe your crashes are caused by MAFs ? I haven't got any, with basic modular settings, but I only play large maps at most. In modern era, the save file can become too important on huge + maps(especially if there are many civs, 'cause each of them as a free upkeep of military units, = vast armies produced), causing crashes.

Maybe your crashes are caused by MAFs ? I haven't got any, with basic modular settings, but I only play large maps at most. In modern era, the save file can become too important on huge + maps(especially if there are many civs, 'cause each of them as a free upkeep of military units, = vast armies produced), causing crashes.

Yep..I've noticed This mod crashes when there are many AI. Right now I can't get my last saved game loaded because every time I try it CTD. I think there were around 18 - 20 AI still left and I had a huge huge amount of armies and naval vessels. It may be Civ 4 engine limit.

Yep..I've noticed This mod crashes when there are many AI. Right now I can't get my last saved game loaded because every time I try it CTD. I think there were around 18 - 20 AI still left and I had a huge huge amount of armies and naval vessels. It may be Civ 4 engine limit.

Played RoM v2.1 with huge map and 34 AI to future techs without CTD

Considering what zappara wrote about himself being unable to look after the late CTD bug, i decided to give up using his mod. We all have spent months into this forum trying to get a fix but nothing proved useful so far. So now I'm looking at something "more reliable", so that at least I may be able to end a game...i want to ask you all a suggestion about which mod to look after; i amlooking for something that has:
- revolution mod (with its components DCM, Barbcivs and so on...)
- BUG mod (or, possibly,the new BAT mod which includes BUG v.3.0)
- a future era whit its techs and units (like RoM has)
- ethnically different unit and cities style (Varietas delectat would be the best option but I know itis hard to merge that mod with other ones).

Any suggestions???

Tx
Nem

Well, how about post-apocalyptic desert warfare with crossbows, as inspired by the Mad Max movies and the Fallout CPRGs?

Considering what zappara wrote about himself being unable to look after the late CTD bug, i decided to give up using his mod. We all have spent months into this forum trying to get a fix but nothing proved useful so far. So now I'm looking at something "more reliable", so that at least I may be able to end a game...i want to ask you all a suggestion about which mod to look after; i amlooking for something that has:
- ethnically different unit and cities style (Varietas delectat would be the best option but I know itis hard to merge that mod with other ones).

Any suggestions???

Tx
Nem

Try Merged Mod.;)

BTW, have you tried 1066 AD for RoM 2.2 or RoM 2.2 Huge Earth 18 civs? (No late game CTDs reported yet!)

Oddly enough, the one game I've got the farthest on is a huge map with 12 civs, I quit playing it since it would take 3-5 minutes for turns to process. Started several other games all on smaller maps, with only 8-9 civs, all have CTDS. For now I'm going back to my first game. Hope this gets solved soon.

Last night I checked all files with CivChecker and fixed all art file problems (some of them are also in normal BtS) and found couple other bugs as well with civchecker. Repacked pak files but didn't start new game yet with the changes so don't know yet how all works now on late game eras - there's been other bug fixes as well for 2.3 version. I'll try to add 4 remaining buildings (corporation specific) from my to do list next week and then I can probably release it.

Last night I checked all files with CivChecker and fixed all art file problems (some of them are also in normal BtS) and found couple other bugs as well with civchecker. Repacked pak files but didn't start new game yet with the changes so don't know yet how all works now on late game eras - there's been other bug fixes as well for 2.3 version. I'll try to add 4 remaining buildings (corporation specific) from my to do list next week and then I can probably release it.

Good the sooner the better, thx.:p

Cool!:thumbsup:

Any suggestions???

Tx
Nem

Next War Advanced, the mod from stategyonly is the most stable so far. First game on huge map crashed badly at 720AD(not sure why, possibly "custom game" bug) but then I made a new game on large map using the "PLAY NOW" option and I am now almost to 2000AD with no bad crashes, just a MAF every exactly 30 mins but thats not the mod's fault. And he has based his mod on RoM 2.2 so a lot of those goodies are there.
So save at the end of every turn and you'll be ok. :)

Top Bottom