1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Late Game CTDs

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rise of Mankind' started by alireza1354, Aug 14, 2008.

1. WRL07

WRL07 Chieftain

Bring it on!!! Thanks for tracking down these bugs, I haven't hit one yet, but good to know you're on top of it.

2. Mister Giggles

Mister Giggles Warlord

Whoo! Possibly playable again soon!

I was driven to Tibia I was so starved for gaming...TIBIA.

Ugh...

3. alireza1354

alireza1354 Emperor

Man, what shlould I say.. Your too good to be true man. Ur makin lots of people happy and ur mod is without doubt the best there is out there. I cant wait to finish a game with my bro on MP. We always have so much fun we always look out for the weekends just to play ROM.

Keep up the good work! I wish I could help u with modding, but I am such a noob.

Take care and good luck!

4. cr0ws

cr0ws Prince

I never had a crash to desktop either WHILE playing the mod itself. What happens is the game all of a sudden gets very choppy ,at that stage when I save it in this mode and exit to desktop a few seconds later I have a serious crash with a blue screen, a blue screen with no text on it! That's how serious..I have to reset the PC and reboot. And when I try to load my last saved game Civ 4 CTD.

5. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Have you reported this one to Firaxis?

Glad you're back zappara! :thumbsup:

JosEPh

6. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Nope, I'd have to double check it without RoM to be sure that couple were BtS bugs and not RoM bugs. Maybe I remember to do that after I have released new RoM version.

Anyway, today I encountered something new - I couldn't get the game crash when started game on Modern Age and before it was always crashing exactly after 25 turns. I'll have to run more tests but at the moment it seems I've fixed some crash issues. :lol:

I'm trying to squeeze all Strategy entries still to update (some 500-600 entries) so that finally that boring task is over. Quite a lot of stuff has been added to next patch and for example I think you'll like the RoM concepts pedia pages that explain all the mod components in great detail (Revolution, Influence Driven War, Building upgrade lines etc).. should lower learning curve little when you can see all that stuff from pedia. ;)

7. Nemesys

Nemesys Chieftain

great work Zappara,
    really aprreciate that :goodjob::goodjob:.

Can't wait for the patch to come out (yes, I came back using RoM:D:D)

Cheers
    Nem

8. Humakty

Humakty Happy Goblin

Woho, pedia entries for all that stuff will avoid me long test game to know what it does. I wasn't able to find much info on revolution mod forum.
    For my part I think your mod is one of the most stable I've seen so far, the stability on huge + maps seems to be a base game problem, I've seen it on many mods which raise memory usage.
    I wonder if I've had a praise moment about your mod, so, it's Huge, with lots and lots of possibilities at all stages of the game, what a great job you've done, Hurray ya !

9. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Argh, again ran into crash on Modern age start, it happens exactly after game has run about 20 turns and according to logs it happens when game tries to place units to barbarian city. I've spent hours looking for the problem but have not found the cause for it. Anyway it seems to happen only if game is started on late eras...

v2.3 is now zipped and I've started last test game ;)

10. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

I hope you dont add the Rev add-0n to regular RoM that would be a shame. Its better to leave it as a add-on only if people want it. Just my opinion.:rolleyes: That way no dll stuff.

11. Kroyon

Kroyon Chieftain

OMG!!! Spore is out, it just got shipped to me. :p

12. Jabarto

Jabarto Emperor

So if I play with barbarians off, those CTD's likely wouldn't happen?

By the way, I'm glad to see a new release coming up. I haven't posted here much but this is easily my favorite Civ4 mod.

13. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

RevDCM addon is included in v2.3 permanently. I like it too much and it's less of hassle for us with feedback, bug reports and other help when all stuff is in one package (no more confusing installations etc.) ;)

Yeah, been waiting it too for looooong time :) I've made some 50 creatures with the creator editor during this summer and loved it.. can't wait the full game :)

Not sure but I think some weeks ago I tested the mod without Barbarians and one time without BarbarianCiv (revolution component) but if I recall it now on those times I had ctds as well but then I hadn't made some other fixes yet. At the moment I think it's unit related problem, probably animation problem but barbarians don't have access to many unit types...

14. Mister Giggles

Mister Giggles Warlord

Still get the crash in 2.3.

:\

<Sighs...goes back to Tibia...>

15. alireza1354

alireza1354 Emperor

What crash?

16. awe007

awe007 Chieftain

hi,

just installed the new ver. 2.3. can i use my old savegames (ver. 2.2 without Rev add-0n)?

After trying to load an old savegame, i got an ms visual c++ runtime library error in civ4beyondsword.exe

thx for any help

frank

17. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

yeah, that ms visual c++ etc. bug means that the savegame your trying to load is not compatible with the mod you are using. so, the short answer to your question is "No".

18. Nemesys

Nemesys Chieftain

Very bad news to hear someone had another crash even with 2.3,

@MrGiggles wha kind of crash did you have? again late game CTD? try to provide some moer details.

@zappara did you try civchecker on version 2.3? I just tried it and the result were 2440 missing art files and 138 undefined symbols, I am posting the result file as attachment you may want to have a look at that.

I did not have the time to start a new game with 2.3 but I am scared about the possibility to see the game crashing again...:sad::sad:

Let's keep in touch and see what comesnext

Cheers
    nem

19. Nemesys

Nemesys Chieftain

cannot attach the file as it exceeds the limit of 500KB for .txt files...anyway you can easily do the check yourself, i just wanted you to save some time

Cheers
    Nem

20. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Yes, I've checked v2.3 with civchecker and after that I packed all the art files to pak files which is the reason why you get all those missing reports because civchecker can't look inside RoMPak files. There was no missing art files when I checked it.