Latest Obama Military Reform

There are fewer than 200,000 Marines. Its more like $40 bucks each. Which is a couple cases of beer. And we don't have to look stupid. Deal.

$8M in body armor isn't going to make much difference at all. Besides, who now doesn't have body armor in a combat zone?

And neither would $8M in pay raises. That works out to $5 each.

This is a picayune matter about a change that will likely not even be implemented suggested by a committee consisting of service members.

It makes a difference everytime it saves someone's life, which a fancy hat never does.

Performance pay raises wouldn't by definition go to every single service member. It goes to those who met the performance standard, so it could actually be much more substantial on a monthly basis. I know you are a ferrari driving billionaire, but as a former service member, my experience is that an extra $100-$200 a month for excelling at service really truly means something. Being required to spend extra money for periodic uniform changes really doesn't improve morale.

There are fewer than 200,000 Marines. Its more like $40 bucks each. Which is a couple cases of beer. And we don't have to look stupid. Deal.

So seriously you like the look of the newer hat?

Wow. $40 bucks to give them all new formal hats. Will the country ever be able to survive such rampant spending suggested by a committee of fellow service members?

And you won't have to worry about "looking stupid" because there is no way it will be approved.

Marine Corps head Gen. James Amos makes the ultimate decision, and officials have until the end of this week to give their thumbs-up or thumbs-down to the proposed hat. But an informal survey of the Marine uniform advisory board already found: “The group members did not like the appearance of the Dan Daly cap on the male Marine,” The Post reported.

It makes a difference everytime it saves someone's life, which a fancy hat never does.
So you can't come up with any instances where combat troops deployed in combat zones don't now have body armor?

Performance pay raises wouldn't by definition go to every single service member.
Even if it is one out of every 10 service members for supposed "performance" (whatever that means), it still works out to $50 each. Big whoop.

And you won't have to worry about "looking stupid" because there is no way it will be approved.

I know that. Besides, I have never worn the barracks cover, so even if it does change, I will still, never wear it.

All joking aside, the USMC Dress Blue uniform is a very well recognized and admired uniform and is said to be the #1 recruiting tool we have. Changing it, even the just the cover, would be a very big deal and not a decision that would, I imagine, be made lightly.

It is also essentially the same dress uniform hat style that all the other services use as well, at least still now with the officers. If any of the branches decide to defy tradition by changing it so radically, I doubt it will be the Marine Corps that leads the way.

4, 6, and 9 are pretty cool!

I was actually thinking of the money saved with the very simple and rough early soviet style uniforms. Plus political commissars ! Yelling "for the emperor" :lol:

Top Bottom