Latvia (modular)

strategyonly

C2C Supreme Commander
This was done by request.

The invasion of the Teutonic Knights (German crusaders) in the 13th century was resisted in a lengthy struggle, but Latvia eventually came under their control in 1230, converted to Christianity, and was governed by them for more than 200 years.
By 1562 Poland and Lithuania had taken over most of the country. Sweden conquered the north in 1621 and Russia took over control of this area in 1710. By 1800 all of Latvia had come under Russian control.

Download here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=11102

changed LH eff: 12:45, 5 Nov 08

What about the Semgall for a UU - the 13th Century Latvian warriors - use Spearmen with City Attack.

All we need is Estonia and East Prussia(Kaliningrad) then we will have the whole region!:mwaha:

Doesn't East Prussia fall under Germany?

Doesn't East Prussia fall under Germany?
Yeah... and it would be Königsberg in German terms (founded by the Teutonic Knights in 1255... Kaliningrad (it is in no-way a historic Soviet city) is the typical Soviet history-erasing name (see "Leningrad").

Not necessairly Prussia both as a people and as a state started in that region and spreaded westward.
Considering the Tuetonic Knights founded Königsberg in 1255, exactly what nationality do you consider East Prussia... Chinese?

Yeah... and it would be Königsberg in German terms (founded by the Teutonic Knights in 1255... Kaliningrad (it is in no-way a historic Soviet city) is the typical Soviet history-erasing name (see "Leningrad").

Why do you think i called it East Prussia:rolleyes:.This is all besides the point because i refuse to hijack Strategys Thread any further with this nonsense. However if you wish to continue this little chat on a Prussian thread in world history or Off topic thats ok do you concur:deal:

Why do you think i called it East Prussia.
DUH! :rolleyes:

All we need is Estonia and East Prussia(Kaliningrad) then we will have the whole region!
Kaliningrad is Königsberg, which is in East Prussia. Not my fault you can't even remember what you said in the same thread.

Kaliningrad Oblast is the renamed East Prussia while Kaliningrad city is renamed Konigsberg. Which do you honestly think i was talking about....Wait don't answer that!!:eek:

I'll use this opportunity to ask if you would like to make Latvian UU - Latvian Rifleman? :D:)
Got any uniform pictures? (ie color drawings/paintings, something that clearly shows the uniform, that I could use).

Got any uniform pictures? (ie color drawings/paintings, something that clearly shows the uniform, that I could use).

Not on the battlefield, but still can be used.

So basicaly they were wearing long brown coats (because it was cold on the battlefield). And hat that in 3rd picture the guy in right (the best known Latvian Rifleman look).

Well I did say "color" for a reason... (unless you want me to make a grey-scale troop)... you tell me "brown", you know how many shades of "brown" there are? I need something else to work with if I'm going to pick-up the gauntlet... also, those pictures look more like 1900s Infantryman (more modern) then a Rifleman (more late 1800s)... what timeframe are you looking for, and I still need color drawings/paintings, not B/W photos... does a modeler little good. I take it you want the furry cap though? I do need a clarification if you're looking for a Rifleman or Infantryman in Civ4 terms, and I consider Rifleman 1850s-1900, and Infantrymen 1900+.

Well I did say "color" for a reason... (unless you want me to make a grey-scale troop)... you tell me "brown", you know how many shades of "brown" there are? I need something else to work with if I'm going to pick-up the gauntlet... also, those pictures look more like 1900s Infantryman (more modern) then a Rifleman (more late 1800s)... what timeframe are you looking for, and I still need color drawings/paintings, not B/W photos... does a modeler little good. I take it you want the furry cap though? I do need a clarification if you're looking for a Rifleman or Infantryman in Civ4 terms, and I consider Rifleman 1850s-1900, and Infantrymen 1900+.

The problem is that I can't find any colorful pictures. :(
Their clothes color could be black too or dark brown.
Here's picture (uncolored, but it should give detailed look of how they look from side)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8d/Brīvības_piemineklis-Latvju_strēlnieki.png

Latvian soldiers were using Russian weapons which were already obsolete. Latvians had rifles who could shoot only one shot and it had to be reloaded, while Germans already had more advanced guns (Infantryman). The Infantrymen seem to be too advanced for Latvian Riflemen knowing that Russia wasn't technologically advanced.

What do you think?

Top Bottom