1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Leader depiction elimination thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Kimiimaro, Mar 16, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BenitoChavez

BenitoChavez Whispering Walrus

I agree with that Poundmaker should have an additional point. In post #351 Pietato voted for Poundmaker and brought his point total to 23. Post #352 Poundmaker's point total was 22 and every subsequent post used the incorrect total.

Poundmaker should currently be at 26.

2. BrotherInJah

BrotherInJah 60% of the time works every time

Chandragupta Maurya - 16
    Cyrus the Great - 13
    Gitarja - 21 (24-3) - well.. you don't deserve this spot.. when depicting Indonesia leader i see Gajah Mada.. sorry babe
    Gorgo - 13
    Peter the Great - 15
    Poundmaker - 27 (26+1) - i like everything about Cree gameplaywise, i like the man i see, but i'm not so sure if this guy with his joyful teenager face is the same guy i see on pics.. but the same is true for all leaders..
    Seondeok - 16
    Teddy Roosevelt - 15

3. BrotherInJah

BrotherInJah 60% of the time works every time

STATS 3

It's third post on how you voted and seems most likely it is prefinal one.

I took different approach, instead tables i have returned to pictures, but this time you can see bigger picture.

So here we go.

1. Votes by leader (it's combination of most hated, most loved, and popular leader according to total votes)

Spoiler :

Despite Cat is long gone she still occupy first spot in terms of votes received. She is followed by two expansion native tribes of both americas (NTBA) leaders. $th place belong to another vanilla leader Hojo.. nice job here.

2. Streaks (it shows how you dear community as a collective were determined to remove some leaders from the game, or to keep them alive)

Spoiler :

It's still Alex.. no one else was bashed so hard as he was.. what..? i don't like surfers..?;)

Spoiler :

Lou and John sharing first spot.. some of the leaders that are still in the game could use such love right now..:D

3. Spread (new thing.. i found it most interesting)

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

ONE NOTE:

I have included for statistic also votes not valid, so popularity, spread and so one is affected by it.. but these are not contributing to points counting.. anyways i will take them out completely.

Here are votes i'm talking about..

no. who upvote downvote count
    35 Halfhalfharp Git Cat 0
    46 Timodelphia Gor Cle 0

so if you would like to backtrack points please keep those two in mind. I will correct stats in final edition..:)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    Ondolindë and Eliminator_Sr like this.
  4. HoorayForSiam

HoorayForSiam Chieftain

Chandragupta Maurya - 13 (16-3) Go back to your lamp, genie! :o
    Cyrus the Great - 13
    Gitarja - 21
    Gorgo - 13
    Peter the Great - 15
    Poundmaker - 27
    Seondeok - 17 (16+1) Pre-release plastic surgery was successful. :goodjob:
    Teddy Roosevelt - 15

5. earlc

earlc Warlord

Chandragupta Maurya - 13
    Cyrus the Great - 13
    Gitarja - 21
    Gorgo - 13
    Peter the Great - 15
    Poundmaker - 27
    Seondeok - 14 (17-3) It's definitely an improvement, and she looks fine just standing there, but her mouth gets awkward particularly during her negative animations. Also, apparently her pronunciation is off on some things.
    Teddy Roosevelt - 16 (15+1) They did a great job on the model, the voice acting, everything. He's kind of the standard for a good leader. Plus I don't want a square to turn green on the spread chart

6. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Idea Fountain

Chandragupta Maurya - 13
    Cyrus the Great - 13
    Gitarja - 21
    Gorgo - 14 (13+1) (LOVE her voice, her agenda, her animations. Definitely the Greek leader we didn't deserve)
    Peter the Great - 15
    Poundmaker - 24 (27-3) (you're not winning this poll that easily, buddy. :satan: )
    Seondeok - 14
    Teddy Roosevelt - 16

7. LMT

LMT Warlord

Chandragupta Maurya - 13
    Cyrus the Great - 10 (13 - 1) As others have mentioned, he looks a little too evil.
    Gitarja - 21
    Gorgo - 15 (14+1) Yeah, I'm voting for her again. She's a strong leader that I love playing against. And plus, the "Good Spartan" line is one of my favorites of any leader. Makes me feel good after a battle.
    Peter the Great - 15
    Poundmaker - 24
    Seondeok - 14
    Teddy Roosevelt - 16

8. TahamiTsunami

TahamiTsunami Prince

Of course I decided to join in when the easy choices like Gandhi and Qin Shi Huang are already eliminated!

Chandragupta Maurya - 13
    Cyrus the Great - 10 + 1 = 11 As much as I wish they didn't make him such a backstabber or gave him a crown that looks much more modest than the other ones he's usually depicted with, I gotta give some props to the excellent model, awesome-sounding VA, and the suave confidence that he has.
    Gitarja - 21
    Gorgo - 15
    Peter the Great - 15 - 3 - 12 Firstly, his model, VA, and agenda are all great in my opinion. Its just that someone pointed out how his eyes look a bit off so now I can't help but notice it. His model is one of the better ones but we are in the top 8 after all.
    Poundmaker - 24
    Seondeok - 14
    Teddy Roosevelt - 16

9. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

Chandragupta Maurya - 13
    Cyrus the Great - 11
    Gitarja - 21
    Gorgo - 15
    Peter the Great - 12
    Poundmaker - 21 (24 - 3) Don't care for John Bearchild's vocals.
    Seondeok - 15 (14 +1) Seo Yuri's vocal performance is near perfect.
    Teddy Roosevelt - 16

10. Vasire

Vasire Chieftain

Chandragupta Maurya - 10 (13-3) What is up with Civilization and India? For decades we had the biggest troll in 4X history and now they give us a Brazzers superstar?
    Cyrus the Great - 11
    Gitarja - 21
    Gorgo - 15
    Peter the Great - 13 (12+1) At least this one is not a caricature of himself..
    Poundmaker - 21
    Seondeok - 15
    Teddy Roosevelt - 16

11. grant2004

grant2004 Citizen

Chandragupta Maurya - 10
    Cyrus the Great - 11
    Gitarja - 21
    Gorgo - 15
    Peter the Great - 13
    Poundmaker - 18 = (21-3) Poundmaker is supposed to be such a peacemonger, it's always off putting when he starts wars
    Seondeok - 15
    Teddy Roosevelt - 17 =(16+1) Oddly enough I like the inconsistency between Teddy's agenda and his own warmongering. That disconnect feels appropriately historical. It's almost the Monroe doctrine telling Europe not to interfere in the Americas, because that's our place to interfere :) It's also a lot of fun when he gets the hidden agenda to protect jungles and forests. Nothing makes you feel as bad as Teddy Roosevelt telling you to stop killing the planet.

12. Ozymandias9891

Ozymandias9891 Warlord

Chandragupta Maurya - 10
    Cyrus the Great - 11 - 3 = 8 Time for Mr. Evil Moustache Twirler (who doesn't actually twirl his moustache...) to be gone!
    Gitarja - 21
    Gorgo - 15
    Peter the Great - 13 + 1 = 14 I'm determined to keep him alive! As always, KALINKA, KALINKA, KALINKA MOYA!
    Poundmaker - 18
    Seondeok - 15
    Teddy Roosevelt - 17

13. BenitoChavez

BenitoChavez Whispering Walrus

Chandragupta Maurya - 10
    Cyrus the Great - 5 = 8 - 3 I am also of the opinion that the Saturday morning cartoon villain should be gone.
    Gitarja - 21
    Gorgo - 16 = 15 + 1 She exemplifies Spartan values and has a nice model as well.
    Peter the Great - 14
    Poundmaker - 18
    Seondeok - 15
    Teddy Roosevelt - 17

14. Weraptor

Weraptor King

Chandragupta Maurya - 10
    Cyrus the Great - 5 + 1 = 6 Best model hands down
    Gitarja - 21
    Gorgo - 16 - 3 = 13 Probably the worst model here, not many left to choose.
    Peter the Great - 14
    Poundmaker - 18
    Seondeok - 15
    Teddy Roosevelt - 17

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  15. Naktis

Naktis Warlord

Chandragupta Maurya - 10
    Cyrus the Great 6 + 1 = 7 He has great beard.
    Gitarja - 21
    Gorgo - 13
    Peter the Great - 14
    Poundmaker - 18 - 3 = 15 So many people like him , so lets eliminate him.
    Seondeok - 15
    Teddy Roosevelt - 17

16. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

Chandragupta Maurya - 10
    Cyrus the Great 7
    Gitarja - 21
    Gorgo - 13
    Peter the Great - 14+1=15 - It's a good character model with a fitting agenda for a man who tried to modernize Russia and bring it closer to the West. He has also a good voice acting. He sounds like a strong man, but someone who also treats you with respect.
    Poundmaker - 15
    Seondeok - 15-3=12 - It's getting hard to pick the worst, since all of them are good, but her facial expressions look really strange in some of her animations.
    Teddy Roosevelt - 17

17. JH24

JH24 Chieftain

Some people are putting in votes only because a leader has many points without giving a reason. Is this allowed?

Chandragupta Maurya - 7 (10 - 3) Difficult, difficult. He has a good model, but the model looks a bit too plasticy and clean to me. He looks like a movie star. And from the pictures I've seen of Chandragupta, he doesn't have a mustache? His in-game agenda can be quite annoying.
    Cyrus the Great - 7
    Gitarja - 21
    Gorgo - 13
    Peter the Great - 16 (15 + 1) I really should get a vote in for Peter before this game ends. Good character model, good voice acting and he has a good presence. I like him.
    Poundmaker - 15
    Seondeok - 12
    Teddy Roosevelt - 17

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  18. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

Chandragupta Maurya - 7 - 3 = 4 (Stupid ingame agenda that had little to do with the historic emperor, abs look too plastic, and he has an ahistoric mustache. The mustache was favored much later and Greek records from Chandragupta's time indicate Indians were lacking in mustaches.)
    Cyrus the Great - 7
    Gitarja - 21
    Gorgo - 13 + 1 = 14 (While not a huge fan of adding Gorgo as a female leader, she simply has more presence than many other female leaders, is animated well (especially when her spear extends out of the frame), and doesn't have weird facial contortions like some other leaders. Her physique is also realistic--strong but not cartoonishly ridiculous like Gilgamesh. Her agenda is also fitting and unique, unlikely some silly "I like you if you make walls" and "I hate you if you like Great People as much as I historically did" agendas for example.)
    Peter the Great - 16
    Poundmaker - 15
    Seondeok - 12
    Teddy Roosevelt - 17

LMT likes this.
  19. Sinaherib

Sinaherib Chieftain

I noticed that too. Not sure if it corresponds with the idea of the thread.

Chandragupta Maurya - 4
    Cyrus the Great - 7
    Gitarja - 21
    Gorgo - 11 (14 - 3) - Maybe it is something predatory in her looks, but I never liked her appearance very much.
    Peter the Great - 17 (16 + 1) - Very imposing Tsar:king:
    Poundmaker - 15
    Seondeok - 12
    Teddy Roosevelt - 17

20. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Chandragupta Maurya - 4
    Cyrus the Great - 7
    Gitarja - 21
    Gorgo - 11
    Peter the Great - 14 (17-3) Good model, but as I've said before, there's something weird with his eyes; he's definitely not top three.
    Poundmaker - 16 (15+1) Excellent look, surprised he's gotten knocked down this far.
    Seondeok - 12
    Teddy Roosevelt - 17

kaspergm likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.