[LP] Leader Pass Pack 3: Rulers of China Revealed (Coming Jan. 19th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of achievements with this DLC doesn’t help…

Maybe I'll intersperse them with some modded civs I've been meaning to try out anyway, idk. I'll probably be too busy to play civ much that week anyway, I've got a lot of important matters coming up... (i'm lying i'm just gonna be playing fire emblem engage when it comes out the day after the china pack)

Yeah, this would be the first time I've played a civ three times in a row. I'm not crazy about it

I really hope they can be unique enough to feel different. The general civ ability (better eureka/inspirations) is at least relatively speaking fairly generic that with different abilities, the new leaders should hopefully give different flavors for the civ. But it's definitely going to be weird to want to play the same civ back to back.

They all look good to me.

Maybe I've just gotten used to Qin, but he looks to me the best of the lot (maybe the extra padding of floating armor is unnecessary).

Yongle has a rather forgettable face but there's nothing wrong with it. I disagree that the clothes model is plain. It seems to have plenty of detail for the type of clothing it's supposed to be, I don't see what else they could have thrown in there. It's considerably better than what Kublai Khan is wearing. (maybe a different design on the sleeves rather than copy and pasting what's on the centre).

Wu Zetian's face actually looks the strangest to me, but it might be because it's a picture of a 3d model. It looks plain (as in, literally flat), like woody from toy story. It'll probably make a difference to see it in motion.

I'm not a fan of how they've rolled this out, even if Wu looks cool.
What do you mean? Because it's on the 19th?

They all look good to me.

Maybe I've just gotten used to Qin, but he looks to me the best of the lot (maybe the extra padding of floating armor is unnecessary).

Yongle has a rather forgettable face but there's nothing wrong with it. I disagree that the clothes model is plain. It seems to have plenty of detail for the type of clothing it's supposed to be, I don't see what else they could have thrown in there. It's considerably better than what Kublai Khan is wearing. (maybe a different design on the sleeves rather than copy and pasting what's on the centre).

Wu Zetian's face actually looks the strangest to me, but it might be because it's a picture of a 3d model. It looks plain (as in, literally flat), like woody from toy story. It'll probably make a difference to see it in motion.

What do you mean? Because it's on the 19th?

I miss the old Twitter teases, new videos, etc., instead we just get the three names (of which we are already aware) and low quality images/leader portraits.

We have no clue what their new abilities are, and we probably won't get any more information until 1/19.

I miss the old Twitter teases, new videos, etc., instead we just get the three names (of which we are already aware) and low quality images/leader portraits.

We have no clue what their new abilities are, and we probably won't get any more information until 1/19.
Yeah all this does is make us relieved that none of the models look too bad. But there's nothing much to talk about. It would have been way better to get information regarding the abilities and give us a week to comment and discuss before release.

Yeah all this does is make us relieved that none of the models look too bad. But there's nothing much to talk about. It would have been way better to get information regarding the abilities and give us a week to comment and discuss before release.

I agree -- there really isn't anything meaty to get excited about.

Instead, here we are, talking about Wu's eyebrows. :crazyeye:

Instead, here we are, talking about Wu's eyebrows. :crazyeye:
Could be worse. I recall hearing the chief topic of discussion when she was announced for Civ5 was her cleavage. :p

So next week I'm thinking of playing as whichever new China is most interesting, then for AI opponents having all the Chinas, both Japans, Korea, Genghis, and maybe Khmer/Indonesia/Vietnam. :mischief:

Apparently they've ruined Wu Zetian because she's not hot enough anymore :rolleyes:
Misogyny in gaming makes me feel like:vomit:

On the note of Wu Zetian, I think she looks perfect, at least based on what I know about her. She has the right amount of age and hardness to her face, fitting for a concubine that fought their way to the throne. Also, she looks properly majestic and authoratitve, which she should. She was the "Heavenly Empress" after all.

In the twitter post, there's three big coloured dots used as bullet points for the leader names. I straight away thought of the 1985 Kurosawa flim "Ran", which had three sons fighting to determine who would rule after their dad. King Lear in Asia. Each son used one of the three primary colours as their army's livery. Made for some spectacular battle scenes, especially when you consider this was before CGI.

Anyhow, it's good to know that this pack will be out in about a week.

That's the worse. This configuration makes it so that the forum is basically dead (because we don't have a lot to discuss about except Wu's eyebrows), and when we finally have informations about the abilities, the forum is dead too because people are too busy trying the new leaders in the game, and once it's done, we don't have much to discuss about. So the forum is not really alive anymore, not the bustling activity we had for the NFP or even better, Gathering Storm. The speculations were wild. Here, we just think Qin looks cartoonish, Yongle is kind of forgettable (on purpose) and Wu is good but weird (perhaps because of eyebrows and the weird fashions they had back then).

I miss the old speculation. Frankly, one thing I wait about Civ VII is the discussions we will all have here.

On the note of Wu Zetian, I think she looks perfect, at least based on what I know about her. She has the right amount of age and hardness to her face, fitting for a concubine that fought their way to the throne. Also, she looks properly majestic and authoratitve, which she should. She was the "Heavenly Empress" after all.

Yes, I appreciate she looks aged, yet in a good way. Gives certain character to the model and matches several of the portraits available of her (she has longer eyebrows on most of them, though).

On a side note: I found a bug in the announcement: the text below the images still notifies the constraints to use great commanders (DLC/Expansions required for Nader Shah and Soliman) :hammer2: .Hope QA tests the pack itself better :rolleyes:

That's the worse. This configuration makes it so that the forum is basically dead (because we don't have a lot to discuss about except Wu's eyebrows), and when we finally have informations about the abilities, the forum is dead too because people are too busy trying the new leaders in the game, and once it's done, we don't have much to discuss about. So the forum is not really alive anymore, not the bustling activity we had for the NFP or even better, Gathering Storm. The speculations were wild. Here, we just think Qin looks cartoonish, Yongle is kind of forgettable (on purpose) and Wu is good but weird (perhaps because of eyebrows and the weird fashions they had back then).

I miss the old speculation. Frankly, one thing I wait about Civ VII is the discussions we will all have here.
I agree. It's bad for community interaction for the exact reasons you identified. CFC would be a madhouse of posts right now if they had put the First Look instead of a "meet the leaders" headshot gallery. They aren't pacing it well to build hype.

Unifier Qin Shi Huang, though... it looks like one of those mods where the Leader is just an existing Leader model but with the head being badly cropped. :p
To me, he vaguely resembles a Space Marine... or an Ork, I can't make up my mind, which one of them :)

This is why I hate these rollouts. I just don't see why they can't reveal the abilities a couple days prior to release, so that people can discuss and theorycraft over them. I don't know why they have to hold these cards so close to their chest. Plus, the abilities are just recycled versions of other leaders' abilities, so they're nothing special. No new unique units, or wonders, or anything else added to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom