[LP] Leader Pass Pack 3: Rulers of China Revealed (Coming Jan. 19th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I hate these rollouts. I just don't see why they can't reveal the abilities a couple days prior to release, so that people can discuss and theorycraft over them. I don't know why they have to hold these cards so close to their chest. Plus, the abilities are just recycled versions of other leaders' abilities, so they're nothing special. No new unique units, or wonders, or anything else added to the game.

100% agree with you here.

Civ VI is a strategy game. To say the obvious: the model design of a leader has no impact on game strategy.

Therefore, we have nothing to discuss other than our thoughts on Wu's eyebrows, or how Yongle looks like a boring farmer, or that Qi looks a bit too plump for his armor.

The day of the release, we will find out what the leaders' (likely underwhelming) abilities are. Often, the abilities that we have dreamt of or speculated about are more exciting than what is delivered in the eventual DLC...

I understand this is a free update, but I was really disappointed to learn that we won't be receiving any new units, improvements, wonders, or any new builds in game.

And I'm doubling down on Qin looking considerably better than Julius Caesar
Pretty sure the only ones that look worse than Julius Caesar are the cursed abominations that are Gandhi, Basil, and, horror of all horrors, K u b l a i K h a n. :p

Qin: Did I just hear you say "Legalism isn't a good basis for an imperial dynasty?"
"Time to bury you alive!"

Yongle looks like a random co-worker being "encouraged" to participate in Chinese new year's festivities because that market is pretty significant for your company, but he's kinda looking at his watch wondering how long until it's actually socially appropriate to leave. He'd rather be home playing Civ VI.

So... wanna speculate the colors and/or capitals?
The Yongle Emperor's capital should be Nanjing and Wu's should be Shendu/Luoyang. Both should be Buddhist. For colors I'll go based on their costume: gold on red for the Yongle Emperor, gold on blue for Wu, and an inversion of his normal colors for Qin.

For colors I'll go based on their costume: gold on red for the Yongle Emperor, gold on blue for Wu, and an inversion of his normal colors for Qin.
So far, they haven't introduced new jersey colors so gold on red works for Yongle but it would have to be blue on gold for Wu. If that's the case, Qin will get the remaining red on gold.

So far, they haven't introduced new jersey colors so gold on red works for Yongle but it would have to be blue on gold for Wu. If that's the case, Qin will get the remaining red on gold.
The lack of programmers is really introducing some weird compromises in LP. :sad: Oh, well, I use Prismatic anyway so hopefully they'll come up with some nicer jerseys for the new leaders.

The lack of programmers is really introducing some weird compromises in LP. :sad: Oh, well, I use Prismatic anyway so hopefully they'll come up with some nicer jerseys for the new leaders.
Eh, I don't think using the spare jersey colors is the worst in the thing in the world, aside from the awful green/pink combo they gave NuSuleiman. They didn't do new jerseys for the Teddy and Catherine personas and Mongolia Kublai used the back-up jersey colors instead of new ones so its not a new thing either. I do agree that every leader having an unique default color scheme would be nice but I don't think it should be that high of a priority either.

Eh, I don't think using the spare jersey colors is the worst in the thing in the world, aside from the awful green/pink combo they gave NuSuleiman. They didn't do new jerseys for the Teddy and Catherine personas and Mongolia Kublai used the back-up jersey colors instead of new ones so its not a new thing either. I do agree that every leader having an unique default color scheme would be nice but I don't think it should be that high of a priority either.
Magnificence Catherine uses white on a very vibrant almost metallic gold so they did do a new jersey for her. Anyway, I agree it's not the worst thing; it's just all the little things LP doesn't have--no unique abilities, no new buildings/wonders/units, no achievements, no unique jerseys--add up. Again, at least it's higher quality than NFP.

Magnificence Catherine uses white on a very vibrant almost metallic gold so they did do a new jersey for her.
Actually, that's the back up jersey for regular Catherine and I definitely saw it before NFP came out. Here's the complete list if you are interested.

it's just all the little things LP doesn't have--no unique abilities, no new buildings/wonders/units, no achievements, no unique jerseys--add up.
Agree, which is disappointing but I'm also working on the assumption that this the last hurrah for before Civ7 so, unless Civ7 isn't announced or comes out this year/early next*, I'm fine with it. Still would like to see a leader with an unique district, especially if it was a government plaza or diplo quarter.

*If Civ7 is still two or three years away, I really wonder what is going on with Firaxis though.

Last edited:
Actually, that's the back up jersey for regular Catherine and I definitely saw it before NFP came out. Here's the complete list if you are interested.
Huh, I never noticed.

Agree, which is disappointing but I'm also working on the assumption that this the last hurrah for before Civ7 so, unless Civ7 isn't announced or come this year/early next*, I'm fine with it. Still would like to see a leader with an unique district, especially if it was a government plaza or diplo quarter.

*If Civ7 is still two or three years away, I really wonder what is going on with Firaxis though.
Oh, I agree that this is just what Firaxis has their spare team working on to build up hype and goodwill for Civ7. If it's not then yeah, their MO is baffling.

True, HOWEVER if my counting skills are correct, we'll soon have 2 Qin Shi Huangs, Wu, Yongle and Kublai Khan for China, requiring at least one more Jersey color than the current 4, no?

True, HOWEVER if my counting skills are correct, we'll soon have 2 Qin Shi Huangs, Wu, Yongle and Kublai Khan for China, requiring at least one more Jersey color than the current 4, no?
Kublai got his own jersey colors for China, the only one he shares with Qin is the green/white one.

If anyone's curious those colors are defined in the "..\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\Colors\PlayerStandardColors.xml" file with the RGB codes. They're basically 28 pre-defined colors that they've mix and matched since the jersey system was first implemented.

In my own mod I delete all the FXS jersey combos in the PlayerColors table and insert my own defined color combos similar to what Prismatic does, but I set up unique colors for every Civ instead of drawing from a pre-defined pool, and then define only one main and one alt jersey. I also alter the Civ unit tints in order to reflect the updated jersey colors.

Kublai got a new jersey for china, which is i believe dark red on sandy yellow, as well as a few unique alts (sandy yellow on red rather than medium yellow on red, as well as medium yellow on dark red a la julius caesar)
used to be the norm before this pack that new leaders for old civs got a substantial number of new jerseys, usually 2-3, with the exceptions of the personas and chandragupta. for instance, pericles and gorgo only share 2 jerseys (pericles's first two are gorgos last two), while each eleanor only shares one jersey with victoria and catherine respectively
now theyre only reusing old jerseys, it seems
edit: ninja'd

Huh, I never noticed.
Because there are so many civs have color-on-white as their default colors she never gets them unless none of them are in the game. In fact, its actually an interesting way to get a hint as to other civs that might be in the game if you run across a civ that normally uses color-on-white but isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom