[LP] Leader Pass Pack 6: Rulers of England Revealed (Coming Mar. 29th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it turns out it's not Civ 7 but a mythology oriented Civ game, I'd be hyped for that. Learning about other cultures through the stories and origin myths they tell about themselves would be really fun.

Also dragons and minotaurs. Imagine that. A lot of people would be pissed. :p.

Edit: @firaxis please at some point consider the addition of a mythological game mode to Civ 7!

If it turns out it's not Civ 7 but a mythology oriented Civ game, I'd be hyped for that. Learning about other cultures through the stories and origin myths they tell about themselves would be really fun.

I wouldn't. :D
Edit: @firaxis please at some point consider the addition of a mythological game mode to Civ 7!
I think Heroes and Legends was a step towards that, and I'm fine with how they implemented it. I don't know how I'd feel with mythological creatures running around in a standard civ game, even with it being a game mode. I'd much rather them focus on a Mythological spin-off, if that's the case.

Heroes and Legends implementation wasn't bad, it's just that most of the heroes were way too OP and scaled terribly with the rest of the game. I'd be happier if they didn't make a return, personally, but I wouldn't be bummed out if they do. It's just Civ VI handled it in such terrible fashion that like all the other game modes it gets turned off in my games.

I so wanted this for Civ6. My "proposal" (i.e the idea that I wrote up over here somewhere) was called "Gods & Monsters" mode, which would involve mythological beasts from different cultures popping up in appropriate places on the map, mostly in the ancient era and petering out completely after the medieval era, the slaying of which would provide large religious benefits such as recruiting a great prophet (if one is available and you haven't already) or an additional pantheon bonus, etc.

I agree that too many Civ fans are opposed to this kind of thing to make it anything other than an optional game mode, but, like, I adore Heroes & Legends mode in part because, to me, the mythology of cultures is still part of the history of cultures, and it adds to the immersion for me rather than detracting from it.

I'm trying my best to be cautiously optimistic about this, but my heart keeps fluttering between excitement and cynically expecting that all we'll get is an apology announcement from Aspyr.

I understand this wasn't an Aspyr livestream, but I was a little disappointed that there was no acknowledgement or announcement during the stream.

Just a reminder that the pack/patch/update for the Rulers of England should go live sometime around 10am PT / 1pm ET.

As with all releases it is a good idea to disable all mods, backup any altered base game files, and to exit completely out of Steam before the update and then restart it after the release. That helps force the update.

Also, this thread will be locked and a new thread will be started with patch notes/info located in the OP after the release. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom