Leaders & Legends add-on

Currently working on the new version compatible with 0.9.7. I'm reevaluating the traits I have and the leaders due to the leader changes in this version. I might change the strategic trait to the version that phungus was suggesting and remove maybe mercantile or change it. Any ideas are welcome.

Also, I'm thinking of adding the "Afrikakorps" as a tank legend (Rommels tank corps).

The new leaders that will be in v0.98 are:

Constantine-----------Str/Enl*
Henry the Navigator---Str/Exp
Johan DeWitt---------Str/Fin
Nebuchadnezzar------Str/Ind
Heraclius-------------Str/Imp*
Smoke Jaguar---------Str/Org
Trung Trac-----------Cha/Cre*
Dido-----------------Cha/Fin
Gustav Vasa---------Agg/Phi*
Logan---------------Cre/Phi*
Halie Selassie--------Pro/Spi
Charlemagne---------Imp/Pro*

Leaders that will have thier traits changed to make way for new guys:

Hannibal-------------Cha/Str
Napolean------------Agg/Str
Sobieski-------------Str/Phi
Churchill-------------Str/Pro
Abu Bakr-------------Str/Spi
DeGaulle-------------Cha/Ind*
Xerxes---------------Agg/Imp*
Qin------------------Imp/Ind
Bolivar---------------Cha/Org
Boudica--------------Cha/Pro
Brennus--------------Org/Spi

So that leaves In/Phi, Fin/Imp, Ind/Org, Org/Pro, Cre/Str as the unused traits so far. Id like to use them all so I need to find 5 more leaders. In addition to the above leaders, Franz, Francis (maybe unless he is for HRE), and Casimir(because he is reskin of Charlemagne) are likely gone. Theres a high chance that Solomon and Israel will get added and most likely be the one to take Ind/Phi if Pericles doesnt get it.

The leaders with *'s by thier traits are ones that Id like to switch and find better ones for. But any of them really could get changed. For instance Id like Constantine to be Str/Imp but that would give Rome access to 3 leaders with Imp, plus I dont know what else to make Heraclius

Thanks for the info. Weren't some of these already in the current 0.9.7 like Constantine, Henry the Navigator and Logan for example? Heraclius you're going to use the same leaderhead/pedia as I have? Gustav Vasa is gonna be for the Vikings?

I dont know if theyre in 0.97, I havent installed it yet. I thought the new leaders werent getting added in this version. I know that some of the pedia entries will be the same as yours.

Yes Gustav Vasa will be the Vikings. I would like to have a more "viking" leader like Canute the Great or someone, but there are no LHs as good as Vasa (Harald looks too much like Ragnar).

The leaders with *'s by thier traits are ones that Id like to switch and find better ones for. But any of them really could get changed. For instance Id like Constantine to be Str/Imp but that would give Rome access to 3 leaders with Imp, plus I dont know what else to make Heraclius
I'd really like for Napolean to be Str/Enl, Hannibal Str/Cha, and Alexander Str/Agg if that changes any of your trait combos.

I'd really like for Napolean to be Str/Enl, Hannibal Str/Cha, and Alexander Str/Agg if that changes any of your trait combos.

Hannibals already Str/Cha, but Ill have to change the other two. I can see Alex being Str/Agg but why give Napolean enlightened? Strategic seems weaker than the other military traits but enlightned would make up for it, but not in a military way.

In my previous testing of 0.9.7 test builds, Strategic was actually pretty strong. Also Napolean being enlightened makes sense because of the fact France's conquest of Western Europe brought liberalized governmental principles to many European Nations that were previously autocratic. Even after France's and Napolean's defeat, and the reinstatement of various monarchs, the monarchs never again achieved absolute authority and the notion of the Divine Right of Kings was dead, also this gauranteed freedom of religion in Western Europe. Look up Republicanism in Europe for more information, but suffice it to say the liberalization of European Society has a lot to do with Napolean's conquests.

In my previous testing of 0.9.7 test builds, Strategic was actually pretty strong. Also Napolean being enlightened makes sense because of the fact France's conquest of Western Europe brought liberalized governmental principles to many European Nations that were previously autocratic. Even after France's and Napolean's defeat, and the reinstatement of various monarchs, the monarchs never again achieved absolute authority and the notion of the Divine Right of Kings was dead, also this gauranteed freedom of religion in Western Europe. Look up Republicanism in Europe for more information, but suffice it to say the liberalization of European Society has a lot to do with Napolean's conquests.

That's highlighting an important aspect, phungus. Does (or should) Hereditary Rule loose some of its bonus effects with the discovery of Liberalism or Democracy? Or, instead, should the Rev negative modifiers be strenghtened then?

I'm going to have to download this later!

My only suggestion is that, if the HMS Victory is in, then the USS Constitution should also be in, to. I really want my country to have it's own Legend, and, well, this would make for a fine choice.

USS Constitution
:strength:12
:move:3
Immune to first strikes
Has 3 First Srike chances
100%:strength: when engaged with Frigates
Starts with Blitz, Navigation I, and Navigation 2

I'm going to have to download this later!

My only suggestion is that, if the HMS Victory is in, then the USS Constitution should also be in, to. I really want my country to have it's own Legend, and, well, this would make for a fine choice.

USS Constitution
:strength:12
:move:3
Immune to first strikes
Has 3 First Srike chances
100%:strength: when engaged with Frigates
Starts with Blitz, Navigation I, and Navigation 2

Since you're suggesting the Constitution, I'm assuming your country is the U.S. - Isn't the U.S. already represented by two legend units?

Sorry for the lack of posting here, been busy with too much stuff and will try to update the mod to 0.9.8 as soon as I can.

About the USS Constitution, like JanusTalaiini already pointed out, the US has one legend already (54th infantry) and I don't really want to Ship of the Line legends. I think with three sailing ship legends (Santa Maria, Adler von Lubeck and the HMS Victory) the sailing ship legends is more than enough for that time period.

Oh yeah... I forgot about the 54th...

USS Constitution is a wooden-hulled, three-masted heavy frigate of the United States Navy.

I gave it an improved Ship-of-the-line ability as most of her foes were frigates, and she did a fine job at sinking them, to. Now that I think of it, "Always targets Frigates" might not be a bad idea either, if she's included.

I guess to make it fair, the Ship-of-the-line bonus against frigates would apply on her, to. We could also apply the 100% bonus only to defending, but that would limit Ironside's usefulness (In THAT case, I wouldn't include the "Always target Frigates").

I think I might be getting too carried away here, though.

I think, if anything, we could test run it, to see if four sailing ships is overcrowded (Which, now that you say it, probably will).

I doubt this is the right thread, but I'm too lazy to start my own.
Seeing as we already have Judaism and many of it's neighboring civs, I just wanted to put out a little shout for a new civ: Israel.
Leaders could include:
Biblical: King David (Spiritual, Strategic) King Solomon (Financial, Enlightened)
Modern: Menachem Begin (Aggressive, Strategic), or any other famous generals/leaders
UU: Slinger (Archery unit; requires Masonry, stone: strength 4, starts with guerrilla I) and the IDF or some sort of modern special forces (the name escapes me) unit that could take the place of Navy Seals, with perhaps the same unit art and strengths.
UB: Tabernacle (replaces temple, +1 happiness, +1 culture, helps spread state religion)

Or somethings like that. Modern leaders should have the tendency to defy UN/Apostolic proposals, as well as launch pre-emptive strikes against rival neighbors. Also, another possible UU is the Zealot--either a warrior with +50% defense in cities with state religion, or a spy replacement with 10% discount and the ability to carry out actual troop assassinations with enough EPs.
Israel was a very unique and interesting civ throughout history, I'd definitely enjoy playing both for and against them.

PS. Though I've never played it, there'd probably be some helpful art and leaderheads in The Ancient Mediterranean mod.

Why do most mods dont include Adolf Hitler as a possible leader?
I mean common... the german warmonger is one of worlds most known military leaders.

I know those unique buildings have problems because the most documented "special building" is the gas chamber... but there's also: Hitler's mausoleum, Deutsches Stadion (olympic games), Zeppelinfeld stadium in Nuremberg, Volkshalle and the Dietrich Eckart Stage
Also he had V2 rockets, the best tanks for its time, SA (Sturm Abteilung) (sturm troopers), pantzer-grenadiers / Panzer Jägern (also known as tank hunters, tank destroyers or anti-tankers) and Panzerschütze (tank gunner)

Why do most mods dont include Adolf Hitler as a possible leader?
I mean common... the german warmonger is one of worlds most known military leaders.

LOL now im getting cunfused...
I see not all info is up to date. What is noted in the forum as content doesnt match the content ingame.
Hitler is in it, but i cant find that info in the forums.
Also on the Civopedia leader section of the mod some leaders are missing.
The one with the big hat ( i dont know his name)

Maybe you people need to update the info on the forums so it matches game content..

By the way i love this mod. The best thing is its speed. Smooth gameplay.
This one is in my top 3 mods!
  1. LoR
  2. Mars Now!
  3. FfH

Spoiler :
Imagine playing LoR, then a Final Frontier like mod takes it over to space, then Mars, Now lets you colonize the other planets....
All in one game :eek:
I know im a dreamer, but wouldnt it be nice?
Especially when this works multiplayer. Instead one planet, multiple are in pre-space-age, as soon you "win" the planet war (Legends of Revolution style) you go to space age where you defend your planets with starships etc (Final Frontier style). Only very late space tech allows to influence the planet directly so you go down first to colonize it (Mars, Now! style) But other planets also could be inhabited by human players (multiple planet games getting linked to one space map).
:hammer2::yumyum::drool::woohoo:

Perhaps you could add Michael Collins as a Char/Strat Leader for the Celts. I think they could use a "modern" leader.

Benenthor: For the love of god I think Im finished with the man o wars. Had to do some crazy stuff with it to actually make it do what I wanted. Didnt like the way the shader made it look (way to dark and dull). But for some reason MechNonShader (oddly enough also a shader despite its name), didnt work. So I had to wind up deleting the cannons on one copy, the deleting everything but the cannons on another copy. So now the cannons work, it looks bright and colorful, and has damage textures. May I never see another ship again!:p

View attachment 222697

So each has its own button. The default models have plain sails. If you like them to have the fancy sails by JustATourist, there is a folder named FancySails. There is a texture for each model, just drop it in the folder and you will have them. Also the normal Man O War is in the same folder path that all UU's will have now. You dont have to follow it, but it would be good for consistancy.

View attachment 222698View attachment 222699

Wiz4War: there are the finished products. Everything is about as close as I could get it according to your descriptions. Except the pennant is in the wrong place and the blue on the bottom of the pennant doesnt show up very well. What'ya think?

EDIT: Oh yeah,there is a small union jack on the bowsprit, you just cant see it from this side cuz of the sails.

I seem to be about 6 months out of date with this reply...sorry. But none the less, from what I see, these ships look perfect! Great job!

Now I just have to wait for L&L to catch up to LoR version, and for LoR (and I assume L&L) to work in MP and I will be a very happy camper :)

(Side note: the first post in this thread seems confusing to me... L&L over writes LoR? It's an add-on or a totally separate Mod?)

Top Bottom