Left and right: Berlusconi must stand up to Bush and defend Italy's "honour"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before you start getting carried away with your conspiracy theories, try thinking it through first. So far Ive heard two reasons why the U.S. government would want this woman dead. One: because the U.S. is against the practice of paying millions of dollars in ransom to the insurgents. Two: that the woman has some sort of secret information about what happened in Falluja. Neither of these are plausible reasons to order her execution. But ok, lets say they are plausible. Do you actually believe that in the highest levels of the American government, a decision was made to assasinate an Italian woman who was a former hostage, and this order was passed down the chain of command all the way to the grunts on the ground in Iraq? That senior officials in the U.S. government knew exactly what sort of car she would be in, the time the car would be on the road, the route the car would take and also know which group of American soldiers would be in the same area, at the same time? Sounds pretty far fetched to me. As far as I know, the U.S. government isnt omniscient.

MarineCorps said:
What do they want us to do? Make the soldiers scrape goats? Playing to the crowd is all they are doing.

No, make them tickle sheep.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scapegoats is the word you're looking for... :D

OT, a serious and open investigation is definitely called for. While I feel a deliberate murder attempt is only a slim possibility, at the very least those soldiers overreacted dramatically - either their training is at fault, or their nerves are strained by their situation (understandable if so).

It certainly is not the behavior of soldiers who are in control of the situation!

It is sad that a politician would use an incident like this to score cheap political points.

Rest in peace.

Bozo Erectus said:
Do you actually believe that in the highest levels of the American government, a decision was made to assasinate an Italian woman who was a former hostage, and this order was passed down the chain of command all the way to the grunts on the ground in Iraq? That senior officials in the U.S. government knew exactly what sort of car she would be in, the time the car would be on the road, the route the car would take and also know which group of American soldiers would be in the same area, at the same time? Sounds pretty far fetched to me. As far as I know, the U.S. government isnt omniscient.

As I said in my previous post, I feel a conspiracy is far-fetched. But the possibility remains that an officer on the scene made such a decision. After all, if the journalist really does have embarassing information on Falluja, the embarassed people (officers?) are probably right there....
As I heard it, they're looking into whether the intelligence guy had informed the American Army of their movements beforehand. If he did, it's at least possible that the action was premeditated.

It's clearly a conspiracy to kill the journalist. It's only that the stupid soldiers didn't manage to understand well, and after shooting her and seeing that she was alive, instead of finishing the job took her to the hospital :rolleyes:

Dragonlord said:
As I said in my previous post, I feel a conspiracy is far-fetched. But the possibility remains that an officer on the scene made such a decision. After all, if the journalist really does have embarassing information on Falluja, the embarassed people (officers?) are probably right there....
As I heard it, they're looking into whether the intelligence guy had informed the American Army of their movements beforehand. If he did, it's at least possible that the action was premeditated.
Ok what is this embarassing information about Falluja? Falluja already is a public relations disaster for the U.S. around the world, what can this woman have that would make it worse? Where is this embarassing information? Why hasnt she revealed it yet?

I don't buy that the journalist was targetted, the simplest and most likely explanation is a screw-up by the patrol.
It seems unlikey that the experienced agent would not know how to safetly approach a roadblock - whilst I can easily believe that a trigger-happy patrol opened fire without proper warning or procedure.

Now the americians do what they always do in this situation, cover their own ass and pretend they are infallible. Only way we will ever find out the truth is if there is documentry evidence, or more unlikely still an american soldier blows the whistle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom