Legendary Earth Mod (LEM)

Sorry for the hiatus, working on getting a new version up and running. I'm simplifying things down to a single map and returning to the Old World start.

Example:

:)

That would be excellent. I will look forward to that! :goodjob:

I am a noob to Civ. & I am a great lover of history, even though I would never dream of claiming to be a historian. Whilst I can come to terms with the anachronisms with the Iconic Faction Leaders, I am finding great difficulty in getting the realistic start positions for the factions, which does give frustration for me.

Balla. :sad:

Files have been updated on the Steam Workshop and the CFC database. In addition, the front page has been update accordingly.

Enjoy!

Please report any bugs or comments/criticism here. :)

Can you please make a version without the Korean DLC needed? Because I don't have enough money to buy the Korea civilization pack.
Today I accidentally updated the mod, and now I can't play on a LEM map that I've been playing on for the past 2 months...since I can't load the mod because I don't have Korea.

Can you please make a version without the Korean DLC needed? Because I don't have enough money to buy the Korea civilization pack.
Today I accidentally updated the mod, and now I can't play on a LEM map that I've been playing on for the past 2 months...since I can't load the mod because I don't have Korea.

Well either way, the mod isn't backwards compatible unfortunately, so regardless of whether Korea is in or not you can't continue a map once updated, especially now that there's only one version of the map. Sorry. :dunno:

Also, its not a matter of just taking Korea out and placing another civ...everything has been balanced meticulously with the current set of civs.

Isn't there at least away to continue a game started on this map without crashing? :confused:

Isn't there at least away to continue a game started on this map without crashing? :confused:

Not once the map is updated, that's why in-game on the mod description it says "Affects Saved Games: Yes". Unfortunately, any previous versions of the maps are gone with this update.

In the future, do not update to the next version until you've finished with your saved games.

Any chance of making Rome a playable civilization, please?

Balla. :sad:

Not in this version. Once I feel that this map is complete (in terms of balance) I will go back to making an alternate version that has different playable civilizations, i.e. Rome, the Dutch, the Danes, etc.

Also, any announcements about the possibility of an upcoming 2nd expansion will change my plans.

I really just want to focus on making the current map perfect. :)

It is a fine piece of work, I must say. ;)

A shame my favourite faction is blackballed though. :sad:

Hoping to see the issue resolved in the fullness of time. ;)

Balla. :cool:

Front page has been updated with screenshots of the most current version. :)

Wait, so...

If I get the Korea DLC, can I finish the map I started with this mod?

I can't get Worldbuilder to start in order to fix the Game Speed. Has there been a change recently- It worked OK last year when I "fixed" the 3 v0.4 maps... :confused:

I can't get Worldbuilder to start in order to fix the Game Speed. Has there been a change recently- It worked OK last year when I "fixed" the 3 v0.4 maps... :confused:

The most recent Steam update seems to have caused an issue with the Worldbuilder. Please see this thread for some possible workarounds.

:)

Just thought I'd share my most recent playthrough...

Russia:

Spoiler :

RAWR. :p

Note the domination of Europe by Germany...Bismarck settled most of eastern Europe and Scandinavia, then decided to conquer the British Isles and begin founding a colonial empire in Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. I'm impressed! Of course the big yellow blob on the map could swallow him up at any point. :D I've managed to fill out Russia's historic border pretty accurately, I went Liberty and expanded super fast, then conquered the Huns (who had conquered Mongolia) as well as the Korean and Siamese cities that had been founded in Siberia.

Also, I hope everyone is excited for the second x-pack as I am. :) There will most likely be no additional updates to LEM until its release, after which I'm sure there will be aloooot of changes necessary to incorporate all the new game mechanics and new civilizations.

I would appreciate any brainstorming on potential changes as we learn more about how Brave New World will change the game. :)

If I want to start in the Classical era, do I just mod all the civs to start at Classical in the world editor and then resave the map, same as I did to change it to marathon length?

I enjoy Marathon timeframe but I want to try an England game and I don't relish spending a few hundred turns staring at coastline and handing the AI a huge advantage in goody-hut grabbing.

Brave New World is only a few hours away. :D

I'm trying to come up with two separate lists of civilizations for two different versions of the map. I'll be keeping with the Old World start idea, so only Europe/Asia/Africa civilizations. Tell me what you think, civilizations in parentheses would be swapped out between versions.

1. Arabia
  2. Egypt
  3. Carthage (Morrocco)
  4. China
  5. India
  6. Ethiopia
  7. Japan
  8. Russia
  9. Huns
  10. Mongolia
  11. Siam (Indonesia)
  12. Songhai
  13. Zulu
  14. Byzantium (Ottomans)
  15. Denmark (Sweden)
  16. Babylon (Persia)
  17. Spain (Portugal)
  18. England
  19. France (Netherlands)
  20. Germany (Austria)
  21. Rome (Venice)

do we know all 9 of the new Civs yet? I know Poland, Zulu, Portugal, and Brazil, but not the other 5

do we know all 9 of the new Civs yet? I know Poland, Zulu, Portugal, and Brazil, but not the other 5

Uh, we've known them all for like a couple of weeks now I think, where have you been? The last five are Assyria, Indonesia, Morocco, Venice, and the Shoshone.

Top Bottom