Let's Play Brave New World - German movie with English subtitles

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Writing Bull, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Writing Bull

Writing Bull Warlord

Even one month before the release of "Brave New World", you can see and feel the new, second add-on to Civilization V. For this movie, 2K Games kindly provided us, Civforum.de, with a pre-release version. On the web you will find tons of lecture-like movies that explain the new features, most of them in English. In addition, you now have the chance to watch the extracts of a Let's Play movie of Brave New World - of course in German. This preview contains about ten minutes of self captured video material. Afterwards, Piruparka and me will discuss about the way the new features influence the feeling inside the game and our strategy.

This is a special new version of the not-subtitled video which we published three days ago. We have been astonished and very glad about your very lively interest and your discussion here. Therefore we have created English subtitles for you. I have opened a new thread because you have the possibility to discuss about the complete content now.

Previous German preview with detailed information
    German Wiki of Civilization V
    German Let's Play of Steampunk-scenario (Civilization V - Gods & Kings)
    Homepage Civilization

Music by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
    Evening Fall - Harp, Ghost Processional, Lone Harvest. Mysterioso March, Private Reflection

2K Games is the copyright holder of any ingame-material shown: Copyright © 2013 2K Games

2. digrosz

digrosz Dirty Frank

Ha nice, now we are able to actually understand what you were saying instead of just guessing ;)

3. Heinage

Heinage Khan

Thank you Writing Bull! As a niederlander, i tried my best to understand the german but only got about 50% of it, so looking forward to seeing the english subs version :) will watch now!

4. Veneke

Veneke King

Thanks for this.

There was something mentioned at the end though which caught me off-guard. It seemed to suggest that you made your own people change their mind about the ideology you had adopted by improving your tourism output. I was under the impression that it was their tourism output versus your culture output when determining how happy your people were with a chosen ideology and not their tourism versus your tourism.

5. Theoderic

Theoderic Chieftain

That bothered me, too! I guess, Polands culture was low, so offense was the best defense in this case. :confused:

6. JtW

JtW Prince

Isn't it so that all tourism-generating things also generate culture? That would solve the riddle.

7. tranger66

tranger66 Warlord

Vielen Dank!:cool:

I don't have time to watch this before work but I will when I get home tonight.

8. awesome

awesome Meme Lord

If I remember correctly, hotels make certain culture generating things also generate tourism

9. werothegreat

werothegreat Warlord

Did they get the English narrator to also narrate in German?

10. Tinker

Tinker Prince

Very informative, thank you very much!

11. azhskr

azhskr Chieftain

Thanks for doing this, really appreciate it.

12. Birdism

Birdism Chieftain

Thanks for your video!

Can you tell us about the changes made to social policies like Commerce, Piety, Honor, and any other ones?

13. Gharry

Gharry Chieftain

One thing I noticed is that at 7:06 you have a free amphitheatre. Can you tell us where you got it from?

14. crawf0rd

crawf0rd The One and Only

Legalism?

15. Gharry

Gharry Chieftain

Oh wow, I feel a little dumb. Always thought Legalism only gave monuments.

16. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

It gives you the first available culture building, which once happened I built the Petra in a city but never got the Monument so when I adopted Policy (buildign Amphis to get free OPeras), I ended up getting a free monument (rage quitted of course)

17. Irkalla

Irkalla ENTP POWWWEEEEEER

MY GOD CARAVANS ARE SO EXHILARATINGLY MINDBLOWING TO SEND ON THEIR TRIPS :woohoo:

18. Whiterussian

Whiterussian Warlord

Thanks from me too.
    But tranlating "brave new world" to "Schöne neue Welt" ... ouch... read the book please.
    (to those who don't understand German they translated it to "beautiful/nice new world")

19. Deggial

Deggial Emperor

20. Whiterussian

Whiterussian Warlord

Fair enough :goodjob: