[LH] George S. Patton

Your face looks like its been wiped on an @$$ Pinko.

Quite simply enough said. I'm sick of people insulting my work after I've worked months on making this damn thing.

I think your work looks really good, but you should be open to constructive criticism. Sid is obviously "fatter" than Patton was, so it was just pointed out that he could use a fat-reduction to be more accurate.

I don't think he meant to shlt on your work (that's not what he was doing), he was just offering some constructive criticism on how you could make your LH look more realistic and more like the way the guy actually looked.

I think it looks nice, but making his cheeks less chubby might make him look better.

Very well done, though! It's clear a lot of effort went into making this.

^Thank you Snipper. I'm not going to start a flame war here. That post was stupid. "fatty foods". W/E

I don't want any sort of criticism on a LH I've been working LITERALLY MONTHS on. I think it was perfect, not fat at all. Your post was completely un necessary and was in my opinion a flame post. And the ironic thing IS, I used the picture you POSTED as a base. Lay off your fatty head.
You just keep piling-on personal insults... I hope you know how you're sounding here.

Wow... I mean really... you need to get a grip on yourself if you can't take one iota of constructive criticism which is all I said.

You have really completely flown off the handle for me merely mentioning I thought he looked a little chubby... so go ahead, throw more personal insults at me... for you to act like this over a simple comment is completely unwarranted.

You totally took the comment wrong and have way over-reacted with personal attacks and insults.

You've gone over the line over a comment that was supposed to be helpful... and for what it's worth... you did a nice job (as I initially said), but he does look fatter then the real Patton. It is what it is.

Bottom line, one must be cautious with remarks to art creators particularly if he is not a supplier himself.
Snipperrabbit... I may not offer LHs, but I've been in the game-mod community possibly longer then anybody on this forum. So far as I know, I am the first person to ever offer a public mod for a Civilization-based game, being the originator of the Civ-II Fascist Patch a decade ago (having it featured in Computer Gaming World magazine), and I've overhauled many games over the years, including Pacific General, Panzer General II and others... and yes, I even have a mod for Civ4, though I'm not as active in graphical mods as I used to be...

Having said that, I think I'm qualified to offer some minor constructive criticism... if nobody ever listened to any comments other then pats on the backs, then nothing would ever be improved. I know I'm able to hear a comment from someone and go "gee... maybe he's right... maybe I'll work on it more" without resulting to huge flame wars. At the very least he could have said "thanks, but I think he looks fine as-is, I don't think he looks fat"... but no... he has to result to personal insults where no insult was intended.

Still, I didn't know making constructive comments were off-limits on this forum... I guess I should compliment everything and everybody even if I think something could be tweaked or improved-upon. I did say it looked good but thought he was a little fat, then he flew off the handle. I guess I should be persecuted for that.

Sorry, you're not starting a flame war, DK? Just calm down a little. We don't want another CU incident...
How would you feel? You work months on this thing to receive some "constructive" criticism. I'm not going to start a flame war. No. I don't plan on replying to any posts anymore. In my opinion, this LH is done and perfect. I'm not going to do anything to it.

Well, I wouldn't call it perfect... ;) The stars could use a little straightening, and a few more medals wouldn't hurt. :D As it stands, though, I think it passes any kind of LH test we could throw at it with flying colors. One of the most unique created to date.

This is really good, one of the best I've seen. It looks cool adding different parts for different models, I could never imagine doing stuff like this! However, from reading the argument, I just think that Wolfshanze was trying to just give constructive criticism...nothing more.

Chill.
It is an awesome leaderhead, but of course, not perfect. Nothing is ever perfect.
You must always be open to criticism. It's usually a good idea to think over that criticism, especially constructive criticism.

I love it, and some of your other LH's, but this and your Lenin LH... are a tad chubbier than their IRL counterparts. They're still much better than many leaderheads that come out, though.

You must always be open to criticism. It's usually a good idea to think over that criticism, especially constructive criticism.

I love it, and some of your other LH's, but this and your Lenin LH... are a tad chubbier than their IRL counterparts.
A bit of a tubby Patton... that's all I've been trying to say... nothing more.

Wolfie, do you realise that this LH is above average when one compare to what has been done globally since civ4 came out. I believe your hyper-realism dogma mislead you badly here. In fact, this leaderhead is the proof that dutchking will improve even more in near future. It is not possible to behave like that and take the risk to piss off voluntary people.
Bottom line, one must be cautious with remarks to art creators particularly if he is not a supplier himself.
I get pissed off a lot anyway...I'm sorry I've seemed to have cause you trouble Wolf, but I have a short temper, and I'm sensitive to things that people post about my work. Lets just leave it. Peace.

the real question of course is...wil he be able to get into those old jeans he used to wear in high school? :D

A bit of a tubby Patton... that's all I've been trying to say... nothing more.

hey, if you don't like someones work, then don't say anything. thats how i handle someones artwork if i don't think he did a very good job. (btw i think that this leaderhead is awesome because i understand what you can and can't do in the gamebryo engine)

I have heard criticisms like this when my art was release with Road to War, bundled in the Beyond the Sword expansion. I was seeing red mad, coz the critic had no idea what i went through, and likely had NEVER mad a Civ4 art file, much like you.

@Dutchking
I agree that this guy is a blowhard, but i disagree with you blasting him. To be an artist, even a Civ4 artist, you have to take it all in stride and just ignore the criticism with one eye, and read into improvements with the other eye (if it was truly constructive). so what i'm saying is don't let it get to you, okay :)

hey, if you don't like someones work, then don't say anything. thats how i handle someones artwork if i don't think he did a very good job.
I hardly blasted his work... in fact, I did compliment it. I offered HONEST feedback.

The purpose of such a comment is perhaps to get an improvement if possible. There's two such counters to a comment like mine by the designer:

1) I think it's fine as-is, I'm leaving it as-such.
2) Due to limitations of altering existing LHs, there's no-way to "thin him down".

I don't think there's a 3rd or 4th option, which a few folks seem to think...
3) Blast the guy with personal insults.
4) Say all contributions must be praised loudly or completely ignored... no constructive criticism is allowed.

Sorry... I may not do LHs, but I have done TONS of game mods over the years for various games, each requiring differant levels of detailed work... whether it's spending hours pouring over stats or working in paint programs, I've done it all... there's nothing wrong with feedback... take it or leave it, but there's no reason to take it personal when no personal attack was launched in the first place.

Sorry if I offended... my intent was to point something out that might get improved, or told not-possible (or even don't agree). I however, don't think the only thing required is blind praise or not saying anything. I didn't come here to blast someone's work... I made a small comment and posted a picture for comparison. If that's unacceptable, then folks around here are too thin-skinned. There's nothing wrong with constructive feedback, so long as you don't go around blasting everyone... I didn't think saying what I said was out-of-line.

As for me, I'm not upset at all... even with all the personal insults... I'm just surprised nobody is allowed to offer HONEST feedback.

Wolfshanze, you better get used to it if you comment on DK's work ;), he absolutely hates when people don't say 100% perfecto. It takes a while for him to calm down, as you could see above.

And to think Chuggi said writers were emotional like that... :D

It's a wonderful leaderhead. Like any other piece of work, however, it could always be improved. (And if you haven't looked at Firaxis' own products lately, SO COULD THEY! :p) Just wait until I get the XML and music posted, and then make up your minds. ;)

I hardly blasted his work... in fact, I did compliment it. I offered HONEST feedback.

The purpose of such a comment is perhaps to get an improvement if possible. There's two such counters to a comment like mine by the designer:

1) I think it's fine as-is, I'm leaving it as-such.
2) Due to limitations of altering existing LHs, there's no-way to "thin him down".

I don't think there's a 3rd or 4th option, which a few folks seem to think...
3) Blast the guy with personal insults.
4) Say all contributions must be praised loudly or completely ignored... no constructive criticism is allowed.

Sorry... I may not do LHs, but I have done TONS of game mods over the years for various games, each requiring differant levels of detailed work... whether it's spending hours pouring over stats or working in paint programs, I've done it all... there's nothing wrong with feedback... take it or leave it, but there's no reason to take it personal when no personal attack was launched in the first place.

Sorry if I offended... my intent was to point something out that might get improved, or told not-possible (or even don't agree). I however, don't think the only thing required is blind praise or not saying anything. I didn't come here to blast someone's work... I made a small comment and posted a picture for comparison. If that's unacceptable, then folks around here are too thin-skinned. There's nothing wrong with constructive feedback, so long as you don't go around blasting everyone... I didn't think saying what I said was out-of-line.

As for me, I'm not upset at all... even with all the personal insults... I'm just surprised nobody is allowed to offer HONEST feedback.
Did you just completely ignore my previous post?

Lets just leave it. I'm not upset. I was pissed off but at no time did I try to make a big deal out of it. So lets not.

GUYZZZ....this is how wars get started!!!!, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, that's all, it's all subjective, some like some don't.....

@wolfy; i can understand how u may feel as though u were "attacked" after giving some "constructive criticism"

@dutchking; i can understand how u may feel as though u were "attacked" after investing so much of your time and effort in producing such a fine work....

now, we are left with the DEFENSES, each now feels as though u have to defend yourselves from the ATTACKS, although the original problem resulted form each having a different perspective, thats all, we all have our own minds to think with and it would be REALLY boring if we all thought the exact same way......

@Gaius; GOSH..... i hope and :please: that is the that cool inspirational music from Patton (the movie) when he's rallying his troops.... di-da-da't tada....da-da,da-da, DA_DA!!!!! di-dara-tada, di-dara-tada, DARA....DARA!!!! :D :D :D

@Gaius; GOSH..... i hope and :please: that is the that cool inspirational music from Patton (the movie) when he's rallying his troops.... di-da-da't tada....da-da,da-da, DA_DA!!!!! di-dara-tada, di-dara-tada, DARA....DARA!!!! :D :D :D

Rather than downloading it, he could just ask bernie to sing it for him :crazyeye:

It's time to bury the war axe, don't you think, guys !
Wolshanze offered constructive criticism to dutchking who was not ready to accept it.
I offered constructive criticism to Wolfshanze who was not ready to take it.
Then, there was a shield raise from graphic artists because of diverse feelings toward ungrateful requesters.
I think it's great that these things have been said.

It's up to everybody to make this communauty work, no.

It's an excellent LH. Great work, dutchking! :goodjob:

Top Bottom