Like a Sir!

So I have had a deeper look at the save and have a few concerns. First off:

And his SoD:

I propose switching to Slavery and whipping out city defenders post haste. Otherwise we will be seriously screwed. Guns, guns, guns. Keep in mind, when Zara DoWs, we need to annihilate him so the quicker we can get the other continent buttoned up the better so we can focus on our current situation. I almost want to beg 1gold off him for a 10 turn peace...

Our units require upgrades and our cities require :culture:. To that end, I really think we need to go into full military, button up our current wars and focus on getting our cities to Legendary.

can we twist zara head to attack someone else?

He is friendly with everyone (except Asoka) and only pleased with us... Also, the war bribery buttons are in red due to WHEOOHRN... I think trying to beg some gold off him to get our own war prep together is going to be the best option.

Beg 1:gold:, switch to slavery, whip whip whip. Upgrade all our existing units as well.

We can beg 10 gold! If we're going to whip we may as well draft rifles at the same time in our non-legendary cities.

T0 – Make a trade:

He Accepts!!! :D

And make a civic change:

T1: Justin gets a GS and a GM(Econ)!! :eek:
Soe bombardment and Issa trebs try take back Iconium but fail. Use GA to culture bomb Paris, the last city in our Legendary list.

IBT: A small stack suicides on Adrianople:

Zara makes an offer: 350:gold+Dr<>Astro. I decline…

T2: The whip gets swung on all currently queued infra and Rheims, Lyons and Novgorod feel the DRAFT! The remainder of Isa’s stack is destroyed along with the meagre remains of the stack that once belonged to Justin. I board the trebs onto the boats and move them closer to the next city; Nicaea. This is the stack in Constantinople:

Switch all esp on Zara…

T3: Queue cavs and trabs EVERYWHERE!! Also, some Galleons are sent back to the homeland to collect reinforcements. Justin would give us all his gold, 6gpt and Nicaea PLUS Capitulation for ceasefire. Shame, shouldn’t have DoWed us…

T4: Make a deal:

Whip and draft a shed-load (and I do mean a shed load) of units. Like, srsly! Also, I am making moves on Justin’s cap… It should be an easy take…

T5: I take Constantinople for no losses:

Many, many troops are moving to the new world, all drafted rifles are remaining in Rheims…

T6: Constantinople is reclaimed by Justin in the IBT for the loss of two cavs. Some pain was returned but the city remains Justins’.

T7: I spot a stack heading towards Adrianople. The city is pretty empty. I redeploy units back to the town.

T8: Her stack doesn’t attack! With nothing for the workers to do, I set up for a new city on the silk…

T9: Some ships are destroyed (Justinian’s). Troops move.

I lost a turn here but whatever…

I whipped and drafted a lot, the cities are empty but we are slowly making headway… Zara is no longer WHEOOHRN and we have a really decent stack of rifles…

This is on the table, but not really:

Pigs, you are up…

Attachments

• The Sir AD-1630.CivBeyondSwordSave
    306.6 KB · Views: 207
To be honest, I could have played slightly better. I ran the culture slider for a bit and upgraded quite a few units as well. I'm open to comments and have edited to add the save...

Got it.

If we're going for culture we've a long way to go. Starting point is temples: 9 confu cities, 1 temple built; 9 islam cities, 2 temples built; 9 buddhist cities, 4 temples built.

Military: I'm not sure about mixing trebs and cavs. I'd start shipping rifles overseas and add cavalry to Rheims' stack. Have a cavalry/frigate stack and a rifle/treb stack.

If we're building temples we won't have much space for units in the next couple of sets.

things did not get as good as i thought (we didnot gained any city) but at least justy army seems to be broken.
nicaea must be taken this turn.

agree to build some temples but legen cities must also be converted to hinduism.

during that time we still need to buid armies.

No reason to stop teching before cathedrales are ready.
in the mean time road to radio seems like a must.
The only question is assembly line or not before that ?

I see no reason for the settler in paris.

btw: the greats artst must not be used ASAP, they must be kept for the final turns to help the city in need of cuture points !

A settler has been settled. Justinian is losing cities. Zara doesn't have his hands full at the moment.

Are we going to keep the Byzantine Empire or turn it into one of them super cool Colony things under new administration?

we will need hindou cities for their temples :p

We keep them...
in the future, we will see...
eventualy, let caped isabela rule over them?

Played a few extra turns for reasons that may become apparent.

A dull turn log.

1635. Capture Nicea.
1640. GA in Orleans, installed in a garret in Montmartre (Paris). Steam>Steel.
1645. Spain captures Adrianople. We recapture Adrianople.
1650. Capture Angora and Antioch.
1655. GG catches the first boat to Byzantium.
1665. Steel>Scimeth. 100% cash. Start upgrading trebs to cannon, slowly coz we're skint.
1675. Capture Nicomedia.
1680. Justininan vassals to Isabella. GG becomes Doctor Trebuchet and gets upgraded to Doctor Cannon.
1695. GS in Paris!
1695. Capture Constantinople, Thessalonica and destroy the Byzantine Civilisation.

We've got a mixed bag of rifles and cavs in Rheims. Zara has been quiet.

Workers are being stacked in Orleans coz I don't know what to do with them.

A few temples have been built as well as some units. No missionaries however.

Our economy is a mess.

Maybe build FP at some point.

I didn't whip because I want to regrow cities.

We could reconsider our civics options.

I'll add some pictures if there's a demand for them.

I got it.

took a look at the save.

good job at cleaning the world ;)

proposed plan :

army: go for madrid (and cities inbetween) and see if isabella want to cap, if not, reapeat and rinse but madrid first.

Will swap the economy from war to production/ cathedrales mode.

will launch a GA at the end of my set to change our civics to rep, free speech, caste, ? (to be defined) , pacifism
tech: road to radio starting with trade to scientific method vs MT to charlemagne

Unless we're swopping to OR (worth considering coz there's lots of stuff to build) we'll need at least one monastery for each religion before scimeth.

I'd take the two spanish border cities before Madrid but we should be ok for military for the moment.

this was my intention to take those cities before madrid. just that i will not negociate anything before i got madrid (nice shrine here ^^)

the only religion spearding we need now is to convert the 3 legend city to hindousim and our indian city can build hindou missonaries.
will have to check if we have enought temples for each religion...

played 11 turns until spain ready to capitilate + give a decent city: cordoba.
I think we should take the deal.
We could continue to break isabella but i see no real use for that.

I stoped here and propose to next player:
stop the war
launch a GA
swap to: rep, free speech, caste, merchantilism or free market not sure, pacifism and change religion to budism
start poping GP like crazy.
If a GPriest don't forget to build hindu shrine.
go for radio
build temples everywhere and cathedrales in legendary cities.
I converted them to hinduism, we don't need to convert any city, just to build 9 temples of each our 4 main religions

Top Bottom