Live Long and Prosper

TechRat

Chieftain
My first post here in this section, but only my second in the entire Forum.

Let's see if I can make a halfway decent story, which involves Vulcans from Star Trek. :crazyeye:

Doubt I will be able to match Pax Romana by Vanadon, or Princes of The Universe, Part 1 by Sisiutil. Two of my favorite stories of all time.

Notes: I'm using Steve Strayer's Fascist Mod Patch (for Civ2 Gold),

The world the Vulcans live in:
Large Map (for a long game)
Large Land Mass
Land Form: Continents
Arid Climate
Warm Temperature
5 Billion Years of Age
Prince Level (still not a great player :blush: )
7 Civilizations
Raging Hordes of Barbarians. (Before a system of logic was used to suppress violent emotions)

Looks good, at least we are not in the middle of some vast desert.

4000 B.C.: The Dawn of Civilization.
Surak, the leader of his tribe, the Vulcans (replacing the Americans), looks around; quite satisfied where and how his people ended up. Numerous small forests have keep the surrounding grasslands fertile, despite the blazing heat of the sun. The cool air blowing in from the sea also helped. He smiled as he spotted a couple of great beasts swimming close to shore. They would provide a valuable resource to his tribe.

Surak though about what his tribe knew and smiled. Along with the usual knowledge of Irrigation, Mining, and Roads. The Vulcans knew about the Alphabet, Bronze Working, and Pottery. He doubted that any tribes simular to his was so well favored.

After much thoughtful debate, Surak led the Vulcan settlers a short distance north to a more fertile area of grassland; to build their first city.

3980 B.C.: First Settlement
Raal is Founded. Suruk orders various implements to be used as weapons to gathered together to create a band of Warriors. He wanted them to check out that small village a couple of spaces to the east.

3960 B.C.: Dealing with Death
Surak asks the local wise men to find ways to deal with dead bodies piling up. Ceremonial Burial is one idea being researched.

3900 B.C. Band of Brothers
First group of Warriors is formed. Sent east to check out the nearby village. Phalanx are ordered to be built as a secondary exploration unit.

3880 B,C.: Law of the Land.
The wise men work on a Code of Laws, some of it pertaining to Ceremonial Burial, as well as other things. The village grants the Vulcans a group of Archers. Production changed to Settlers.

3800 B.C.: Village People
Another village is spotted by the exploring band of Warriors.

3780 B.C.: Fast Scout
The village grants us a Chariot and the Warriors are recalled to Raal.

3720 B.C. Barbs
The Vulcan Chariot enters a village and unleases a barbarian counter-part.

3700 B.C.: Mediocre.
Tactus says the Vulcans are ranked fourth in terms of wealth. The Vulcans loss their scouting Chariot.

3680 B.C.: Writing down Laws.
Code of Laws is developed, and Writing is researched to better record them. Warriors are disbanded to speed up the formation of Settlers.

3640 B.C.: A Phalanx of Settlers
Settlers are formed, and Phalanx are in production just in case that barbarian Chariot comes close. Archers are exploring south-east, heading into the direction of the last known location of that barb chariot.

3440 B.C.: Wondering about the Granary.
A Phalanx is produced. A Granary is ordered in to production, in preparation for the construction of the Colossus.

3420 B.C.: New City
Vulcana Regar is founded. Warriors are being produced, in order to explore the rest of the continent.

Surak sits down on the wooden chair in his Throne Room. Glances down at the fur mats on the floor, then at the huge one stretched out up behind his chair. He was quite surprised at how quickly the room has been decorated, even a nice stone wall was added.

Surak then pulls out a small map scroll, hidden in the folds of his robe, and unrolls it. Looking over the map, he mentally places the future cities. One in the south east corner, to take advantage of the whales there. Then maybe another a short distance to south of Raal, once the jungle is cleared.

3400 B.C.: Writing about a new government
The wise men invent writing, then set out to develop a new government in order to get the most out of people and resources. Production of Warriors at Vulcana Regar is changed to Diplomats.

3360 B.C.: Not another one!
Exploring Archers unleash another barbarian Chariot when entering a village.

3340 B.C.: What doesn't Kill you, makes you stronger.
Archers survive the attack, and is ordered back home to VR.

3180 B.C.: Granary Dip
Granary is built at Raal, and a Diplomat at VR is born. Both Cities are ordered to produce Settlers.

3120 B.C.: A Revolting Develoment
Monarchy is discovered, and Surak orders a change in government. The wise old men work on Literacy.

3060 B.C.: Pathetic
Toynbee considers the sixth place Vulcan military pathetic.

Surak is proclaimed King of the Vulcans. He looks over the maps again and considers where to build future cities once the Settlers are done a bit of development around the current ones.

Locations 1 and 3 are prime sites for cities. #2 will take a bit longer to develop.

3020 B.C.: Hanging a Settler
A Settler is built in Raal, and the Hanging Garden is put into production.

2980 B.C: Bribe A Barb
Diplomat sets loose a Barbarian Chariot when entering a village, then bribes it. For an additional scout.

2840 B.C.: Currency Lit.
Literacy is discovered, and Currency is being researched to help fund future libraries.

2760 B.C: Southern Living
A new city, T'Paal, is founded, and a granary is put into production. After that The Colossus will be built.

2740 B.C.: Go forth and multiply
Vulcan population reaches 100,000.

2660 B.C.: Money Stone
The wise men discover Currency, then begin looking into Masonry in order to build better buildings.

2640 B.C.: Small change
Exploring Diplomat receives 25 Gold upon entering a village. So far; aside from the occasional barbarian from a village, there is no one else on this continent.

2600 B.C.: 2nd Place
Machiavelli says we are the second largest civilization in the world.
A Granary is built in Vulcana Regar, and construction of the Great Library begins.

2480: B.C.: Discovering Hordes
Our exploring Diplomat enters a village and unleashes a horde of barbarian Chariots!
Wise men discover Masonry, then begin researching The Wheel in order to build our own Chariots.
Raal switches construction of the Hanging Gardens to Pyramids.
Surak orders T'Paal to build the Colossus instead of a Granary.

2460: B.C: Wonder Race
The Babylonians and French begin building the Colossus and the Pyramids, respectively.
The lonely diplomat is killed by the barbs.

2320 B.C.: First Wonder
Granaries were sold last turn, and Pyramids are built. The French switch to Hanging Gardens

2300 B.C.: Construction Wheel
The Vulcan Wise Men discover the Wheel, and begin researching Construction in order to build forts to watch the vast dry wilderness of the north.

2220 B.C.: Local Settlers
Settlers built in Raal, and Warriors called in order to speed up Wonder construction in other cities, when they disband.

2180 B.C.: Warrior Phalanx
Warrior built in Raal, and sent to T'Paal while a Phalanx is produced.

2160 B.C.: Double your pleasure
Vulcan population reaches 200,000

2120 B.C.: Phalanx Settler
Phalanx built in Raal, and sent to Vulcana Regar as a defender. Another settler is ordered up, to build a city near the northern desert.

2080 B.C.: Engineering Construction.
Construction is discovered, and the Wise Men of Vulcan move onto Engineering.
Chariot from Vulcana Regar is sent out on a scouting mission.

2000 B.C.: Booking Settlers
Raal builds Settlers, and begins building a Library.

1940 B.C: Hang Wealth
Lord Machuay ranks the Vulcans as a mediocre 4th in wealth.
Cardiff(Celtic) builds Hanging Gardens.

1920 B.C.: Colossal Settlers
T'Paal builds the Colossus, and begins working on Settlers to help improve the surrounding area before building a new city up north.
Babylons and French begin building the Great Wall, while the Spanish build The Great Lighthouse.

1900 B.C.: We have meet the enemy...
and he is us! In other words; we encounter the Spanish, and reject their demand for 50 gold, plunging us into a war even though the Vulcans are not ready for one.

1860 B.C.: Engineering Trade
The Sioux start building the Lighthouse.
Engineering discovered, and the Wise Men work on Trade to produce Caravans to help build a couple of Wonders.

1800 B.C.: Spanish Bragging
Spanish brag about discovering Polytheism.
Settlers built in T'Paal, and a Diplomat is ordered up for exploration and espionage.

1760 B.C.: Sea Barbs
Barbarians spotted off the south coast.
Production of diplomat at T'Paal switched to Chariot.

1740 B.C.: Chariot Race.
Library built in Raal, a Diplomat is built to bribe the two barbarian Archers.
Chariot built at T'Paal, and Phalanx is put into production.
The exploring Veteran Chariot called back home.

1680 B.C.: Inventing Trade
Trade Discovered, and the Wise Men begin working on Inventions.
The Great Library of Vulcana Regar has been built.
T'Paal builds a Phalanx, and begins work on a Diplomat.

1660 B.C.: Barbarian Celts
Barbarians uprising in the desert near Vulcana Regar.
Celts begin construction of Marco Polo's Embassy
VR switches production of Diplomat to MP.

1640 B.C.: Oops
Diplomat built in Raal, and bribes one of the barbarian chariots; which suicides against another on a mountain. :crazyeye:

1600 B.C.: Sneaky Barbs.
Barbarian leader disappears after weak chariot dies attacking Archers.

1580 B.C.: Exploring Dips
T'Paal builds a Diplomat and sent to the North East Desert.
Caravan is ordered to be produced to help build the Marco Polo Embassy in Vulcana Regar.

1560 B.C. Sea More Barbs
Two Barbarian Archers land next to T'Paal.
Caravan production switched to Warriors in hopes of holding the Barbs off.

1540 B.C.: Defense!
A Phalanx become Veterans after defending T'Paal from a couple of attacks.
The Great Library of Vulcana Regar gives Vulcans knowledge of Iron Working.

1520 B.C.: My kingdom for a Trireme!
Yet another barbarian Archer lands next to T'Paal; this time on a mined hill.
Diplomat bribes Barbarian Trireme. Vulcan Archer kills Barbarian Archer.

1500 B.C.: New City
Shi'Kahr is founded, and a Phalanx is put into production.

1480 B.C.: Mapping Inventions
Inventions discovered, and Map Making is being researched by the Wise Men of Vulcan.
Raal builds a Caravan filled with Hides and is sent to T'Paal.
Gol and Kir are founded. Trireme with Diplomat discovers a small square island (4 spaces) south west of Kir.

1440 B.C.: Great Maker
The Great Library of Vulcana Regar grants us knowledge of Map Making. The Vulcan Wise Men begin researching Mysticism.

1380 B.C.: Wonder Names
Marco Polo's Embassy is built in Vulcana Regar.
Celts switch from MP to Sun Tzu's Academy.
Now for a round of diplomacy.

1380 B.C.: Embassy Row
Meeting with Chief Sitting Bull of the Sioux has been Cordial. Traded Literacy for Mathematics, The Wheel for Warrior Code, and Trade for Horseback Riding. Plus an exchange of Maps.
Meeting with Empress Elizabeth I of England was Receptive. Traded Literacy for Mythicism.
Meeting with Empress Ishtari of Babylon was Neutral. All we got was Peace.
Meeting With Queen Joan of Arc from France went nowhere.
The meeting with Queen Boadicea of the Celts was Icy.

1360 B.C.: Science City
T'Paal builds Caravan, and begins working on King Richard's Crusade in preparation for the switch over to Copernicus' Observatory.

1320 B.C: Exploring the Sea
The Great Library of Vulcana Regar grants us knowledge of Seafaring.

1240 B.C.
Explorer built in VR and sent to the north eastern part of the continent.
Like other cites, begans building Caravans.

1200 B.C.: Wonder of War
Celts build Sun Tzu's War Academy in Cardiff.
Spanish take Ceder Creek from the Sioux.

Nice! Interesting story of the Vulcans! I am a Star Trek fan as well. We seem to be numerous on these forums I suppose. I will look into this tomorrow as well, if there are updates.

Live long and prosper.
-Lucius Julius

Thank you for your post, Lucius Julius. :)

As for the story, kinda stalled, game and story wise. :blush:

Except for creating Mount Seleya as a citadel, (on the south-west hill just north of the vast desert.) I haven't planned that far ahead.

This is turning into more of a time-line then an actual story, since I'm too busy playing the game then doing any decent writing. (plus other distractions)

1160 B.C.: Island Hopping
Settler dropped off at the small southern island, and the Trireme travels further south, locating the tiny English city of Warwick.

Foreign Minister: Moderate Power with a spotless reputation.
We are at war with Spain, and with one exception, our units have not engaged each other.
Everyone is hostile except Babylonians, who are uncooperative.

1140 B.C. : Skies the limit with Taxes.
Astronomy is discovered and Suruk asks the Wise Men of Vulcan to research a new form of government. (The Republic)
Pheasant island founded.
Taxes increased to 40% at the expense of Science.

1100 B.C.: English landing
The Great Library of Vulcana Regar grants us the knowledge of Feudalism.
City of T'Paal goes into disorder.
English Archer and Explorer land on Vulcan shores.

1080 B.C.: Revolutionary Peace
Spanish capture Little Big Horn from the Sioux.
English start a revolution.
Spain and the Sioux made peace in a turn or two. (I'm keeping lousy records, especially with my Swiss cheese of a memory. :rolleyes: )

1060 B.C.: Sea War
England declares war after the Vulcans reject 50 gold tribute demand.
Spanish start building Copernicus' Observatory after canceling it last turn.
Raal Revolts after reaching size 6.
Changes in tax rates= 10% Taxes, 70% Science, and 20% Luxeries

1000 B.C.: First Conquest
Warwick captured after Archer beats off attack from the only city defender.
Salt Caravan built in Shi'Kahr, and sent to Wounded Knee.

980 B.C.: A Capitol Mistake?
Palace moved to Vulcana Regar, and Raal revolts.

920 B.C.: I can't think of a witty title :(
London enjoys A Golden Age.
The Great Library grants the Vulcans knowledge of The Republic.
Copernicus' Observatory built in T'Paal, and a Library is being constructed to take advantage of it.

900 B.C.: More War
English change government to Republic. Vulcans refuse peace request. (need to expand south)
Oracle built in Spanish Madrid. Production in Kir changed from Oracle to King Richard's Crusade.
Mount Seleya founded.
(Bangs head on desk) lost two units (Chariot and Trireme) against English Horseman on a hill.

880 B.C.:Two wars is enough.
Vulcans decline Sioux Alliance against Babylonians. Archer kills badly wounded English Horseman.

820 B.C.: Cowabunga
Leonardo's Workshop constructed in Raal. Settler ordered up to improve surrounding area.
Beda says The Vulcans are the forth happiest people in the world.

800 B.C.: Time to build more libraries.
Polytheism discovered and the Wise Men of Vulcan begin research on Philosophy. University maybe next on the list.

I'm still reading this. It's going good so far.

Live long and prosper.
-Lucius Julius

Thank you L.J. :)

Got a few plans for the Vulcans.
1) End the wars with England and Spain. I'm stingy on building units. :blush:
2) Switch governments from Monarchy to The Republic. Temples and Libraries will be the order of the day.
3) Build a couple of cities and a string of forts in and around the desert hills. Mount Seleya has already been founded, and another settler is making its way to the eastern end of the hills near the oasis.
Probably making the same mistake as the Real Life French by creating a version of the Maginot Line. Except for a few extra cities, I don't intend to expand very much, anyways.

700 B.C.:Settler Shuffle
Settler built on Pheasant Island transported to Warwick.

640 B.C.:Wounded Peace
Sioux Capital moved to Wounded Knee
Peace made with the English.
Explorer unleashes horde of barbarians on main continent.

600 B.C.: Million Man March
There are one million Vulcons.
Revolt in Raal.

580 B.C.: Ivory Tower
Philosophy discovered, and Vulcan Scientists begin research on University.

560 B.C: Navigating Through War & Peace.
Great Library of Vulcana Regar helps us learn about Navigation.
Peace negotiations with Spain fail. Enemy is on the verge of civil war. Location of Spanish capital is unknown. Caravel with Diplomat sent to find it.

540 B.C.: Missing Moses.
Vulcana Regar revolts
Exploring Legion discovers wandering nomads(Settlers). Both very far away from any Vulcan settlements.

500 B.C.: City Revolution
T'Karath founded. Vulcans start revolution.

460 B.C.:
Amonak founded

420 B.C.:
Vulcans form a Republic.

400 B.C.: Speaker for a day.
Speaker Surak is greeted with cheers by crowds in Gol and T'Paal

360 B.C.: Party's over
Celebrations over in Gol and T'Paal.
Vulcans go through another Revolution.

320 B.C.:
University discovered, and the Vulcan Scientists start researching Theory of Gravity.

Sorry for the long absence. Ran into a lot of problems, :eek: some of then my own creation. :blush:

Along with a new computer tower, I finally got Civilization IV (Gold Edition). I plan to get the BTS expansion pack before doing any Civ4 stories.

In the mean time, I might restart another Civ II story, but make it the same theme, and keep it here.

Top Bottom