Live on YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe now they've implemented a weather cycle. Sunny - cloudy - rainy - back to sunny again. Snow to replace rain in tundra zones. Dust storms in desert zones.
Those thousands of years of rain in the early game followed by thousands of years of drought are gonna wreak havoc on the climate. :crazyeye:

Light rain (7:00 pm est), then heavy rain (9:00 pm), then a downpour (11:00 pm), followed by occasional thunder (1:00 am), followed by lightning strikes and rolling thunder (3:00 am), gale force winds (5:00 am), then all hell breaks loose as tidal surges wreck the city (7:00 am), and finally the hurricane makes landfall (9:00 am). Or maybe the hurricane hits sooner and the rest of the stream leading up to the reveal is the sky clearing after the storm. Either way, I'm now sure the payoff happens tomorrow.

This is very likely what is going to happen. Or something very similar.

Why don't you go to bed so we can get some news... :mischief:

HaHAHA for indeed I am away now, and will remain awake until the announcement, or maybe just maybe, Firaxis decided to make an announcement when I am awake and everyone else is asleep to balance things out :D:D:D

I predict the final reveal to be Wednesday the day before Thanksgiving. They will have a long weekend and won't be at work after Wednesday. As mentioned above, the eruption lasted 2 days. Though the video doesn't seem to depict an eruption, but the theme of the expansion is Vesuvius so we have to go with that.

I predict the final reveal to be Wednesday the day before Thanksgiving. They will have a long weekend and won't be at work after Wednesday. As mentioned above, the eruption lasted 2 days. Though the video doesn't seem to depict an eruption, but the theme of the expansion is Vesuvius so we have to go with that.
Well either it's "Vesuvius"-themed (in which case we have an ash cloud and impending pyroclastic flow funtimes) or it's "Time and Tide"-themed (the "leaked" title) in which case we might get some kind of apocalyptic flooding/tidal wave.

Either way I'm guessing imaginary city is toast.

Actually, the rain seems to have intensified. :p
Ah, interesting. Sound's off here.

Doesn't sound much like a volcanic eruption, in that case...

At least I can say I've actually been on Vesuvius. One of the perks of being in the U.S. Navy. Naples is always your major port of call. And when the weather was so bad, I couldn't return to my ship, our cab driver was driving us all around the side of that volcano trying to find the hotel we had booked. You would think cab drivers would know their way around...

At least I can say I've actually been on Vesuvius. One of the perks of being in the U.S. Navy. Naples is always your major port of call.
Nice :) Never been to the volcano itself, only to Pompeii. Amazing place.

HaHAHA for indeed I am away now, and will remain awake until the announcement, or maybe just maybe, Firaxis decided to make an announcement when I am awake and everyone else is asleep to balance things out :D:D:D
You changed your avatar! Now I can stop thinking you're me when I skim-read threads :crazyeye: :mischief:

If it really is a Vesuvius themed expansion then I wonder if they are adding natural disasters like in this mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=898631470&searchtext=
I hope this is not the case though, because natural disasters are really not that interesting of a game mechanic.

I agree that something based on natural disasters, or even climate change, feels narrow and uninspired. I don’t mind having those features but if that’s what this expansion is focused on (enough such that it’s choosing that as the teaser focus), I’m nervous...

I agree that something based on natural disasters, or even climate change, feels narrow and uninspired. I don’t mind having those features but if that’s what this expansion is focused on (enough such that it’s choosing that as the teaser focus), I’m nervous...

I agree. Disasters - natural or otherwise - can be a fine addition to the game, but that's not the actual, substantive game play we're all hoping for to spruce up the mid- to late-game.

I remember that expanded diplomacy, maybe even the return of a diplomatic victory and some sort of world congress mechanic, was mentioned by (I think) Ed Beach. I could see natural disasters tying in to such a feature... minor disasters could result in diplomatic opportunities to render aid, late game could have climate change that must be overcome through diplomatic cooperation, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom