Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Other/Radioactive (your animal here)/

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They called you an ******* over a stupid bracelet? Man you must be a loser

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters

LLXerxes

Space Travel is Boring
Well, you know about Lance armstrongs thingy? with the yellow armband you might have seen your friends wearing? ones that might even be pink or purple? Do you have some yourself? Vote in the poll.

They're at my school. They're the newest fad. Everybody has one... cept for the "outcasts" (and the newest outcast: me!) even out teachers have got em. Now everybodies buying them. All kinds. ANd they're selling them at school. My parents won't let me go for like a 10 minute walk to the local store to get em. Now everybody at our school is obcessed and selling htem. If you don't have cash, your not cool. Even on our bus. I get on, everybodies talking about livestrongs.
"So, Laura's gonna give me 2 for 5 bucks?"
"No way you need do give me a black diehard first"
"I know where to get them" (btw, I said that)
"Shut up *******, we're doing important business"
Plus our teacher got one for everybody in our class (and somebody snapped mine).

Livestrongs are bands lance armstrong created. it's his business. They have all kinds and the money you use to pay for it goes to support research against cancer. I'm getting one in a couple days...

POLL COMING HERE

Pssh.. California had this fad months ago.. We are so ahead of the rest of the country :p

P.S. People get these things for the wrong reason, I don't like it.

I'm trying to get one, and yes everyone in my school has one....but they didn't exclude me for not having one :hmm:

zeon252 said:
I'm trying to get one, and yes everyone in my school has one....but they didn't exclude me for not having one :hmm:
that's because you don't have Jack at your school ( I ENVY YOU SO MUCH :eek: ).
But this only revently became a fad. THere's one kid at my school (Troy :mad: )
who just started wearing one a montho or so ago. Then Joe, jock guy pretty boy (one of the only jocks who actually is my friend) started wearing one then the girls who are obcessed with him started wearing one then all the guys... so that's how it goes...

Oh dear God. is that what those things are? I see 6th graders wearing them. What the hell are they for? What purpose do they serve? Why would I want one? It's a waste of money. Plus they're so stupid looking.

Poker is a fad?

I've participating in a fad I didn't even know about! ACK!!

Benderino said:
Oh dear God. is that what those things are? I see 6th graders wearing them. What the hell are they for? What purpose do they serve? Why would I want one? It's a waste of money. Plus they're so stupid looking.
livestrong bands are yellow bands you put on your arm. THey certainly are not a waste of money.They're only 1 buck first of all, plus they're supported by Lance armstrong and just about all of the money goes to cancer research.

That's good to know. I've played since before then and usually come out with more money than I had at the beginning every time I play.

@LLXerses
I thought they were $10?

Fetus4188 said:
That's good to know. I've played since before then and usually come out with more money than I had at the beginning every time I play.

@LLXerses
I thought they were $10?
10 bucks for a 10 pack (which they sell online). at the local bike store they're $1

I had mine since before it was cool and mainstream.

Back in the original days, you could identify fellow riders by the bracelets. Good way to start conversation on the subway or bus. But nowadays, anybody and everybody wears them.

'Tis a shame.

Nope. they're not that big a fad at my school, they used to be though (like 2 weeks ago)

I voted the last option in the poll, btw, I just found it funny! :lol:

Almost all the kids at my school who are in athletics have one. I myself don't have one; I'm not that enthusiastic about charity.

Fetus4188 said:
Pssh.. California had this fad months ago.. We are so ahead of the rest of the country :p

P.S. People get these things for the wrong reason, I don't like it.
It didn't just die in California. It's probably just alive in middle schools and elementary schools like the one LLXerxes goes to because they've made a sort of (trading) game out of it.

Yom said:
It didn't just die in California. It's probably just alive in middle schools and elementary schools like the one LLXerxes goes to because they've made a sort of (trading) game out of it.

Oh, I forgot that I'm in highschool and all the youngin's copy whatever my peers do.

*starts some stupid fad and watches what happens*

I had a yellow one before the Tour de France. When was that, July? My boss' wife had cancer and he made a donation for our office and we all got the original wristbands. I wore mine before and during the Tour, and for about a month or two after, though I don't wear it anymore.

Personally I find it a bit sad that it is now just a trendy, meaningless fad. We really did feel like we were supporting my boss and his wife when we got them. Now it seems that people want them for some sort of status and not out of a show of solidarity with cancer survivors.

I have no Idea what they are, plus this is comming from a College student where the student body does not follow the fads of public school ;).

Top Bottom