Smoking weed and shooting guns are the true signs of freedom

How do you feel about freedom?

• Total voters
Well, how do you? If you reward them specifically for not taking heroin, presumably you're also going to reward them for not taking marijuana, or not taking too much cough syrup, or not doing any other number of things that would be negative. It's actually possible to punish an isolated incident rather than attempt to positively enforce in order to prevent the behaviour for occurring.

If you reward them specifically for not taking heroin

Is that even necessary? A healthy non-junkie life is a reward in itself I would think.

If I am to put a gun to my head to blow my brains out right now what would you do, give me candies if I promise not to kill myself, jail me for my attempt, or talk me out of it, perhaps get me to a counsellor if you're feeling particularly caring and/or na'ive.

No, I have not read the thread. How did you guess?

Punishing children is Godly. Psychologists who disagree with that are opposed to God.

Meh, Civver already knows he's opposed to God, in fact, he pretty much stated in a PM that out of the guys in the Bible, he mostly admired Satan for rebelling or some crap like that.

Is that even necessary? A healthy non-junkie life is a reward in itself I would think.

For an 8 year old? I know for a fact that at 8 most people neither understand nor give a crap about their health.

Meh, Civver already knows he's opposed to God, in fact, he pretty much stated in a PM that out of the guys in the Bible, he mostly admired Satan for rebelling or some crap like that.
Which is weird, because in the Bible itself, Satan pretty much spends his time pulling sting operations for God. He only acquired the "fall from heaven" origin story later.

^Surely the "fall from heaven" bit is in some part of the bible?

For an 8 year old? I know for a fact that at 8 most people neither understand nor give a crap about their health.
Uhm, no. How many 8 year olds want to smoke? If you tell them the negative effects it's usually a good enough deterrent.

^Surely the "fall from heaven" bit is in some part of the bible?
Not really, no. He appears only as an angel named ha-Satan, "the Adversary", an entity who is tasked with testing the faithful through temptation or provocation. The Christian "Satan" is essentially a mish-mash of this character, the Serpent from Genesis and various pagan deities, with some of the imagery and terminology borrowed from various Old Testament references to pagan monarchs and deities. The only place in the Bible you'll find anything resembling the Christian devil is Revelations, which is A) still quite a way off from the eventual mythology and B) actually a metaphor for the Roman imperial state.

Marijuana is illegal, and guns are a bit too regulated for my tastes. I firmly believe that no society can be regarded as truly free until both guns and weed are widely available to responsible adults.

Obviously there should be certain restrictions on firearms. No one should be able to purchase guns while they are incarcerated or receiving treatment for severe mental health problems. Marijuana should be age restricted, so that children under the age of 13 don't have access to it.

I know what many of you are thinking. You're thinking, "Who is this Felch cat, and how is he reading my mind?" I'll tell you. I'm the coolest guy in the world, and I'm not reading your mind, I'm just saying what you're already thinking. That's how awesome I am! :king:

Some that don't accept freedom as a good thing might think that guns are dangerous. Of course they are. That's why they're fun. Fast cars are dangerous too, but that doesn't mean that they're bad. In fact, I support an elimination of speed limits as well.

Now you might ask, "But Felch, without speed limits, and gun control, and the war on drugs, won't we all be in mortal peril?" Yes. But that's a good thing. First of all, remember that getting rid of gun laws and drug laws and driving laws doesn't get rid of all laws. It only gets rid of laws that unreasonably hamper freedom.

So what happens if you drive a hundred miles an hour past an elementary school and run over a half dozen kindergarteners? Simple! Either you're charged with vehicular manslaughter, or their parents form an armed mob that hunts you down like the yellow-bellied cur that you are.

What about drug overdoses? I got great news. Nobody has ever overdosed on marijuana. It's safer than Aspirin.

What happens if a crazy person grabs a bunch of guns and just starts shooting everybody? Well, as long as everybody gets high all the time, that won't be a problem. I know that whenever I get the urge to kill on, marijuana helps calm me down. I assume it works the same for everybody else.

Basically, that's it. I can't wait for my ideas to be implemented. Freedom will finally be here again.

Vote in the poll and let me know how you feel!

Felch, you are the man. :goodjob:

I'm not sure where else to post this, but thought it was noteworthy news about America's gun culture. Utah now has a state gun. Or state firearm. They picked a good gun. I have shot it. It's a fine handgun.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/03/18/utah.state.firearm/index.html?hpt=Sbin

M1911 pistol.

I find it interesting a state felt the need to have an official firearm. I guess you can say Utah is the most free state in the nation. ;)

I would think it would be Arizona.

I'm not sure where else to post this, but thought it was noteworthy news about America's gun culture. Utah now has a state gun. Or state firearm. They picked a good gun. I have shot it. It's a fine handgun.

Yeah I heard about this too. Interesting, they are surely on the way aren't they, will be legalizing gay marriage anytime now too.

Top Bottom