LK147 - world map, China

Back from the 14 hour round trip to Chicago... and ironically, the package lost in the mail arrived right after we hand delievered another contract :rolleyes:

I've started poking around the save and will start playing tomorrow, but one thing I noticed is that Persia, who can research Replaceable Parts, has rubber on our boarder at Ghuliman, which we can deal with right away, and TWO rubber up in Siberia at connected cities. Two, as in, one to make infantry for himself, and one to uhh, potentially trade to Egypt so she can make infantry and eventually tanks...

It's a LONG hike up there even for a Cav army because Russia has no rails (which is mostly good for us).

My question is this: After dealing with Dakyanus and Jinjan, is it worth making peace with Persia for 20 turns? We could sign him up to alliance vs Egypt to prevent him from trading the Rubber to Egypt.

Alternatively, is it worth peeling off a couple of Cav armies, slightly hampering the Babylon/Egypt campaign, to go deal with them now? I think I actually prefer this...

Persia would actually give both of those cities for peace, but that would run the risk of Egypt having a unit wandering around up there to grab them before we could rush an infantry, so I'm skittish of taking that risk...

Persia with rubber isn't that big of a deal to me, but Egypt with Rubber would really slow down our progress rate in Africa. What do you guys think.

There is enough island hopping to do to ignore Persia for 20 turns after clearing the current island. IIRC there are several islands of just India we can work on.

I would like to at least get the border rubber city before making peace. I can't recall what else Persia has at our borders off the top of my head.

Yeah, by "we can deal with that city right away" meant we could take that city. Persia doesn't have anything else that can't wait, even their oil capital can wait, as they won't have a use for it, and anyone who will for 20 turns already has it.

All we're ignoring by 20 turns of peace are 2 bypassable island cities, their one decent remaining coreish city, and Siberia. I've realized, though, that one of those northern rubber isn't even roaded up yet, and, if we take the city, that rubber will belong to France (unroaded). Not sure if France has Rep Parts...

Going to bed, will start in the AM

I generally don't like peace if we have cities that can flip back, but its your call.
If you do decide to take out the Persian cities, then pillage all around the rubber first with the army.

Another idea is to plop a settler down on the rubber while still at war. That would likely take a very long time to do though and might be too close to France. So I am not sure its a good idea, but its the safest in the long run for keeping the Rubber away from the AI.

Because one rubber is unhooked, and the other is at a city I could hit with cav armies on my first full turn, I chose to just cav army rush the one city (which worked fine) and then there's a path through a Babylonian city to the other Rubber cities, which is also fine, because Babylon declared war on us almost immediately, so it's all good. Operation Rubber Banned (TM) is working out just fine, no peace required :)

Need a bit of advice, because the espionage system is extremely rusty for me.

We have completed the Intellegence Agency, and we've traded for Steel. At this point, the only tech we can research is Comustion at 26 turns. Should we just turn science off, make 850ish gpt, and steal techs from now on? That's my gut feeling, but I dono if it's right.

Also, how many Stock Exchanges on this map to build Wall Street? Our Military is now strong compared to everyone except the Irros (even Egypt after slaughtering their stacks), and we could use the banks and SE's and Wall Street if we're going to go stealing.

I've already elected to go the stealing route. This turn is taking longer than I thought because of that trip to Chicago, our adoption homestudy caseworker wanting to meet with us today (2 hour drive each way), and my wife's computer crapping out, so we've had to share. Additionally, I'd forgotten what a time suck having half a million workers is. I will not be able to publish till Tuesday, at which time I should have finished at least 8 turns and will post what I've finished.

The war is going unspectacularly: Babylon declared on my first interturn, and Egypt is stacking MORE THAN 20 new cavs in our lands every turn. (One turn I killed MORE THAN 60 units in our lands, meaning units to spare for island hopping or, reall, ANY offense have been virtually non existant.) Between those cavs, the the Babylonian Rifles and cavs (not insignificant in number) and the odd Persian unit, we're barely making any progress. Oh, yeah, and India dropped off SIX units next to Tanis, that island city Lee had just taken, including multiple elite cavs, and I had no way to reinforce it, so we lost it :( The Persians even boated in rifles to the island of theirs we're invading... Indus flipped AGAIN :rolleyes:

We have at least denied anyone else rubber, so there is that, and we started moving forward last turn I THINK the tide is about to start turning...

FYI: After this turn, I will be completely unavailable to play again until January 4th. My wife left a little bit ago for the week, so I'm home alone and working 50hrs next week, and the day after Christmas, we're leaving to visit family until January.

I had a bad feeling when you said Babylon declared early...
I felt the same way my first turns with Egypt. There were an absurd number in our lands. I ignored stacks out of city take range because I couldn't deal with all of them.

I can't believe India still has an punch left. All we can do is keep wiping those islands.
Indus needs to burn to the ground!

Maybe we can at least inch somewhere in Siberia. I know I had those Babylon border cities on my target list.

If we are going the steal route, I hope we can squeeze in some money multipliers.

India has next to NOTHING. I have a spy in with them and with Egypt waiting to steal Combustion when they get it... India have SIX total cavs. FOUR of them showed up at Tannis. I wish I was making that up... Egypt, OTOH, have 53, though that will be about 25 when this turn is over... I'm going to try to take that choke point city soon, maybe that will help. Oh, yeah, and Germany declared war on us too FWIW, so Russia and the Zulu are now the only non overseas people we're not fighting. :rolleyes: Pray Russia does not declare, that could get ugly

Once your handling of the initial rush is done we should start being able to make forward progress again. Cavalry are so fast you really do need to take care of them Not sure if all of the slower units have showed up. We might be able to avoid the slower units to make some progress - though if there are attack 6 units, we may need to deal with those as well

I took the choke point city last night before bed, and stopped. It's the middle of that turn. Cleo has combustion now, and India is making several hundred GPT, so will likely buy it off her soon.

I bought Russia in vs India for moderate gpt because we need someone to sell crap to, like lux and tech after we steal it :lol: It's an investment to protect what they are already paying us really.

I could easily have seen India buying Russia in VS us with as much money as they are making, but regardless, this keeps Russia from buying tech from Cleo or Ghandi, (and hopefully then buying it from us) the two people who could sell it to her, which is a plus. I really should have bought Russia vs India immediately, not doing so was a mistake, so I figured I'd better do it now before we're under full dogpile (and fighting the one local civ with infantry too)

I'm going to play till I have 7-8 turns completed tonite, then play 3 turns tomorrow, post the log, and hand off.

I think real life has settled down, and I should be able to catch up on my reading here and be ready when Greebley is done.

Real life has been terrible for me today. You might have seen on the news that Russia is considering baning adoptions to the US... if this passes I don't know what we're going to do, because we're going to lose the little girl we're trying to adopt.

I finished my turn, though I doubt I played very well today, as my heart was not exactly in it. And now, I go to upload and... the internet is down, so I'm posting this from my phone... I can't wait any longer, I have to go to bed. I'll have to post tomorrow night.

I finished my turn, though I doubt I played very well today, as my heart was not exactly in it.
Don't be afraid to post a small set. I would rather have 5 strong turns, then 10 weak turns.

These games are huge time sucks once we enter domination push mode. We are already there. There is a reason I'm pushing island hoping and inching into Siberia. ;)

Internet is still down, but I'm going to flash drive the files to the labtop and go leach some wireless off the local Super 8 to upload stuff. Should be up in a bit.

PRETURN ANALYSIS

Well, things are a lot simpler than the last time I took over (not complaining about last time, just stating a fact :) )

There are less "virtually dead" civs out there, having been replaced by, well, actually dead civs.

Techwise, Egypt, Russia, and presumably working off all that cash they were previously getting, India are the three top dog AI's, as the are the only ones with Steel. It's doubtful anyone has Combustion yet, but we don't really know.

Germany is next needing only the two techs the top dogs lack, followed closely by Argentina and Australia who also lack Atomic. Everyone else is rather far behind, with the possible exception of France, who won't talk to us.

------
Resources

Resoucres among those who we're planning to (ever) war with:

Inida is screwed, lacking Rubber.

Egypt, as we know, lacks Rubber.

Persia HAS MULTIPLE RUBBER up in Siberia at Arkhangel'sk and Mycenae, but does not yet have replacable parts. Hopefully no one minds, but I'm going to make securing those Rubber a priority. I.d rather they not get infantry, but mostly I DO NOT want them trading rubber to Egypt

Babylon has rubber all over the place, including under one of their WAAAAAY our there tundra cities, but it lacks a harbor and they Replacable Parts and likely won't get that tech for several turns yet. The other rubber need to be dealt with, but that way out there city... we'll just have to hope they don't get RP and a harbor before we smack down their core...

Germany LACKS OIL AND RUBBER so no Panzers or Infantry!

I have no idea about France.

Russia HAS both the good military resources, but lacks EITHER resource needed to make rails.

GOAL: Get rid of the Babylonian and Persian Rubber resources quickly. If Babylon gets infantry in Siberia eventually, well, so be it, but the goal is to limit infantry and tanks to only the Chineese and Russian military.

--------

Diplomacy

The diplomacy situation is a bit clearer too:

ALWAYS WAR CIVS
Egypt
India
Persia
and soon to be Babylon.

Next civ on the hit-list after the current opponents have been neutered:

Germany - Reasonably close and 4th AI.

Civ we're currently at war with and have no urgent need to make peace with, but could if it's convenient:

France - will need to kill eventually

Useful civs to Ally with in the near to mid-term:

Russia - Has the good military resources, and is lead AI. They can sit till we have overwhelming military compared to them
Zululand - We're at war with them, but that's easily fixable. They are really far and behind, boarder Egypt. Way far away, we can kill last or just before Russia.

Civs we probably never (or not for many many turns) plan to war with because they are overseas:

The other five.

In a nutshell, this means: Russia, Zulu and the Overseas civs are "friends" and can be traded with. France is a grey area. Everyone else is an enemy.

--------

Trades

No real need to list all these. Just keep in mind who we can deal with and who we can't and make as many profitable trades as we can...

--------

Lets get the "firends" on our side.

I ship the Zulu TM for Peace, then found an Embasy for about 130g. Then I discover they were already at war with Egypt... oh well, couldn't have known...

With Russia I pay 19gpt and 8g to secure a ROP and alliance vs Egypt.

I then decide to take a chance on them not getting coal, They are at war with the Germans, but they ALSO lack coal. I don't see any readily available in Siberia, and we can use 86gpt for Iron, right?

I dial the Zulu back up and get them to PAY US all 19 of their gold and WM for an alliance vs Egypt :lol: Might as well, as we can't make peace with Egypt for 20 turns now anyhow.

I found the final missing embassy with Australia, for 56g. Here's the important news: Australia has EXACTLY ONE of every resource, except Coal, which they have 2 of. They don't have any spare Rubber! Of course, they COULD trade that coal to Russia... Oh well. They are already at war with Egypt, and won't give us anything for an ROP/Alliance, so I don't bother.

Argentia and Irros already have embargoes vs Egypt with other Civs. Venezuela doesn't even have Electricity yet. That leaves only the Aztecs, who will NOT sign an embargo because they have active deals going with Egypt... So I inspect the map as best I can, and it looks to me like the Aztecs have exactly one rubber...

OK, that's it for the diplomatic side of "Operation Rubber Banned" Time to start busting heads... (or so I thought)

Our military is now average compared to Egypt, and strong compared to everyone else, EXCEPT the Irros, who we're still weak to.

--------

Inherrited Turn

Egypt has a LOT of units headed for our lands. Until they are slaughtered, I see no reason to open up the Babylonian front. I'm guessing 2-4turns. Once I start on that front, I intend for there to be quick progress. In the meantime, I use the units that still have movement to slaughter the Egyptian presence. I also send 2 cav armies next to Ghuliman, to start Operation: Rubber Banned.

Swap Persepolis from Barracks to Courthouse (we'll have Sun-Tsu Soon), Swap Parsagarde from Arty, to worker, Winevill from a rax to a cav, Oil City from rax to walls. I notice we're making like 8 settlers, which I don't really get (well, I guess they are for Raze and Replace in Egypt?), and I don't veto them, but I won't be queueing anymore.

I click next turn, and off we go!

IT -

Germany and Argentina make peace.
Argentina and Irros ally vs Russia.
Persia shows up wanting peace... sorry, can't do that just now.
Argentina and Egypt embargo us, then ally vs Australia AND Zululand, ending their embargo against us.

Egypt moves big stacks next to two cities that we'll have to deal with, after which we can rest next turn, then start the Babylon wat hopefully.

Beijing: Frigate -> Frigate
Ta-Tu-Two: Settler -> Infantry
Worker in 1... Can you guess?
Shanghai: Cavalry -> Cavalry
Iron Now: Galleon -> Galleon
Sardis: Worker -> Temple
Testerleg: Cavalry -> Cavalry
Xinjan: Cavalry - Infantry
Ereen: Cavalry -> University
Darhan Valley: Settler -> Hospital
Nes Beijing: Temple -> Cavalry
Furriville: Temple -> Cavalre

1) 1395 - There are now TWENTY THREE cavalry near Antioch. That needs to be dealt with little did I know this would be a continuing theme)... Ten of them are on a mountain, and will be dealt with next turn, but the others need whacking now, even if they are on a hill. I'll use the armies first, then the artillery to bomb the others down for the loose units.

We are unable to Raze Dakyanus. Not enough attacks. A longbow remains. :(
We sink 4 Egyptian ships near there, lose none.
We capture Ghuliman, and part one of operation rubber banned is complete.

Fish out a leader near New Beijing/ Use him to rush the intellegence agency in Ta-Tu-Two.

Worker actions are hell, and I'm probably not making optimal use of them, but when there gets to be this many workers, my brain freezes up.

IT -
Babylon and Argentina make peace.
Aztecs and Argentina make peace.
Australia and India make peace.
Zululand and India ally vs Germany.
Germany and Persia embargo us.
Babylon kicks us out, not sure from where.
Babylon and Egypt ally vs Us... well, it was going to happen shortly anyhow, but crap.
Egypt moves a zillion more units into our territory.

Beijing: Frigate -> Frigate
Ta-Tu-Two: Intellegence Agency -> Infantry
Worker in 1...
Iron Now: Galleon -> Galleon
Hovd: Market -> Infantry
Canton: Cavalry -> Cavalry
Mandalgovi: Cavalry -> Cavalry
Equinopolis: Cavalry -> Cavalry
Hangchow: Cavalry -> Cavalry
Tonstergrel: worker -> Worker
Macao: Cavalry -> Infantry

2) 1400 - Hmm, looks like I better do something about this stack that showed up out of the fog.

Please note these were not related to the 23 cavs that were at Antioch last turn... You might be able to see the last 10 of those in the background... Of course, there are also stacks of Babylonian Rifles headed our way now too. They have more than 10 near Baruun-Urt Looks like I'll be doing more defensive war than I planned.

More bad news. The island campaign is in trouble. Persia has dropped off several Rifles in Dakyanus via boat... sweet. Egypt has dropped off a force there too? WTH. We're going to be forever trying to take this island now, because I DON'T HAVE SPARE FORCES AT HOME what with like 50 cav/rifle to kill this turn...

What's WORSE is India has dropped off SIX units including multiple elite Cavs next to Tanis, that is defended by ONE infantry, which means we're going to lose Tanis unless the RNG is just stupidly friendly.

I know people are going to be pissed at the island hopping going sour. I'm sorry, but we didn't have many forces on these islands, and the defense of the mainland takes priority. I'll get that city back eventually. (well... we WILL, just on the first turn of the next turnset)

OMG the worker turns.... ARGH. You know, there are some things I really love about civ 3... Worker management is NOT one of them! I prefer some aspects of civ 3 to civ 4, but I really miss the civ 4 workers right about now...

There is some good news though. After slaughtering more than SIXTY Egyptian cavalry over the last two turns (that doesn't count the more than a dozen Babylonian units), we are now strong compared to Egypt. I REALLY hope they are gassed now. (wishful thinking)

Silks and 11g to Russia for 24gpt. Then I notice that Australia now has Steel, which should drop the price... Atomic Theory to Australia for Steel... No one has Combustion yet...

IT - Aztecs and Argentina ally vs Venezuela. Australia and India ally vs Irros

Tannis falls back to India :(
Persia and Germany ally vs Aztecs.
Irros and Aztecs ally vs Persia.
Babylon kills a couple of our infantry, loses 3 or 4 cavs.
Persia declares war on Australia
Egyps sinks a couple of our frigates with low odds attacks :(

Delhi: Worker -> Temple
Win1... needs no explanaation, right?
Gordium: Barracks -> Infantry
Calcutta: Worker -> Worker
Dacca: Cavalry -> Stock Exchange
Long Island Tea: Barracks -> Walls
Haplong: Market -> Frigate

3) 1405 - There are more than 3 dozen newly arrived units in our territory to kill again this turn :( We slaughter them all, losing a single cav. Offensively... nothing. I don't have the units for anything like offense... I finally get another boat of troops (not that we could easily spare them) shifted over to long island. I expect that city to finally die next turn. (sigh)

Trade steel to Otto for 180g and 119gpt. and to Argentina for 1710g and 15gpt. Communism to Argentina for something (Note FAIL)

IT -

Zulu and India embargo us,
Venezuela and Australia ally vs Egypt,
Germany and Persia ally vs Irros.

Babylon sends half a dozen cavs against one of our desert cities, killing a couple of infantry and a few of their cavs. Egypt Rides another dozen cav onto that flippin mountain near Antioch.

Worker in 1: worker -> Worker
Shanghai: Bank -> Stock Exchange
Antioch: Worker -> Cavalry
Jaipur: Temple -> Cavalry
Baruun-Urt: Worker -> Worker
Xinjan: Infantry -> Infantry
Argos: Worker -> Temple
Indus deposes us for a 2nd time... One turn from completeing its temple
Chendu: Market -> Factory
Tientsen: Infantry -> Infantry
Kaifeng: Settler -> Courthouse

4) 1410 - I'm pissed. Time to kick some ass.

We FINALLY RAZE DAKYANUS which was full of imported and drafted rifles, to the ground :hammer: and sink a bunch of their fleet in the process.

We capture Mari, giving us another (not yet hooked up) oil, Next stop, Arkhangel'sk which houses Persia's rubber supply

We recapture Indus.
We capture Lahore and add this to our collection.

We fish out a leader with an elite Infantry

I use the leader to rush a Stock Exchange in Shanghai.

And another leader

I'm REALLY vexed what to do with this guy. I finally decide to rush the factory in Nanking.

Lack of units is driving me crazy. I ruhs about a dozen Cavs, completely bankrupting us.

IT - Russia and Venezuela ally vs Persia

Venesuela wants an MPP. I decline.
Argentina and Persia embargo us.
Germany and Egypt ally vs us. Oh, Just Grand, There goes a ton of cash up in smoke. Like more than 2 grand.And now our only non overseas friends are Zulu and Russia. I couldn't care less if the Zulu declare, but Russia I care about.

Egyptian cavs in siberia triple team an infantry, killing him and poaching a few workers :(

Beijing: Stock Exchange -> Army
Parsagardae: Worker -> Cavalry
Worker in 1: does what it always does
Shanghai: Stock Exchange -> Cavalry
Karachi: Cavalry -> Cavalry
Sidon: Cavalry -> Cavalry
Tyre: Cavalry -> Cavalry
Canton: Bank -> Stock Exchange
Nanking: Factory -> Cavalry
Bengal: Cavalry -> Cavalry
erdenet: Cavalry -> Cavalry
Equinopolis: Cavalry -> Cavalry
Avingnon: Cavalry -> Cavalry
Punjab: Cavalry -> Cavalry
Ereen: Bank -> Stock Efchange
Ganges: Cavalry -> Cavalry
Tree: Cavalry -> Cavalry
Tosontsengel: Worker -> Temple
Zohak: Cavalry -> Cavalry
Darhan Valley: Bank -> Stock Exchange
New Madres: Cavalry -> Cavalry

5) 1415 - [expletive Deleted] there are TWENTY FIVE new Egypian Cavs stacked next to Persepolis...

And, now that I spent all that cash, Egypt has Combustion and I've no way to steal it :(

I'm worried about Russia declaring on us. the Germany thing sent off an alarm bell. India has a crapload of cash, and is not at war with Russia. We can not afford to chance India buying Russia against us at this point imo, so I make a deal that, while pricey, ensures that will not happen.

37gpt to Russia for alliance vs India
Communism to Venezuela to renew Spices, and they throw in 132gpt and 68g (full price)
Furs and 6gpt to Irros for Dyes
Espionage to Russia for 1940g and 313gpt (full price)
Furs to Australia for 30gpt
Espionage to Argentina for 210g and 69gpt (full price)

Lots of moping up to do again.

We take Samarra, the "choke pointish" city from Babylon.

I see a German infantry... I can not figure out where their rubber is... SO I can;t shut it off... :( (I never did figure this out. Maybe they are importing it, I don't know)

We pull a leader moping up that huge stack. I us him to rush a stock exchange in Darhan Valley. We should have Wall Street in 4 turns or so.

We take Cartchenmesh, another Babylonian city, in the tundra that happens to be built on rubber and has a supply of oil too.

IT -

Argentina and India ally vs Persia (lifting an embargo vs us).
They also ally vs Irros
Egypt and Germany ally vs Irros
Argentina then immediatelty stabs India after signing two alliances with them this very interturn (I literally laughed quite hard at this) by allying with Germany against them.
Argentina then makes peace with France.

We sink some Egyptian ships. I only see one new cav show up, but a bunch of rifles do...

Worker in 1: does what it always does...
Iron Now: Bank -> Infantry
Calcutta: Worker -> Temple
Hovd: Infantry -> Infantry
Testerleg: Bank -> Hospital
Ghuliman: Worker -> Worker
Darhan Valley: Stock Exchange -> Cavalry
Oil City: Walls -> Cavalry
Tatung: Police Station -> Cavalry
Long Island Tea: Harbor -> Temple
Macao: Bank -> Cavalry
Coal Mountain: Factory -> Bank

These financial buildings are paying off. Our econ is up about 50gpt iover the interturn!

6) 1420 - Hey, there are only FIVE new Egyptian cavs. Of course, there's 10 Rifle/Guerilla units in a stack next to the choke point city, but, screw it, there are only five new cavs!

The bad news is Egypt made something like 20 cavalry in one turn... but hey, only FIVE of them are in our lands!

I'm less than 200g away from a careful steal chance from Egypt. I think about selling some universities to raise the cash, but then I realize, hey, there's an Egyptian tundra colony I can take! So we capture Nalaysh and get... only 97g :( hmm... I resort to selling world maps around and raise the rest!

Sweet

Why yes, yes, I would...

Friend, Catherine, we would like to offer you a deal...

I'm all done. Farewell, Cathereine. Go kill some Germans, please?

Yes, you can tell I'm having fun this turn... Did I mention there are only FIVE Egyptian cavs in our lands this turn?

We capture Arkhang...err, what... it autorazes... I THOUGHT it had expanded boarders..
We take Choyt because it's surrounded now, and it simplifies our front.
Fish out another leader killing the last of the rifles, I make the quaint decision to build an Army.

IT -

Zulu and Babylon make peace
Germany and India make peace, and then ally vs the Zulu, which ends the Zulu embargo of us.

I watch Cathy suicide several infantry trying to kill rifles in forests.
Oops, Babs eat a couple of workers... oh well, we've got a few to spare...
France and Egypt ally vs Russia... and Venezuela
Egypt suicides a ship.
tons of new cavalry show up like usual. Almost 30 of them...

Worker in 1 does what it always does
Mandalgovi: Cavalry -> Cavalry
Xinjan: Infantry -> Infantry
Hamadan: Worker -> Temple
Hangchow: Cavalry -> Cavalry
Choyr: Worker -> Temple
Atlay: Worker -> Worker
Chulaman: Worker -> Worker

7) 1425 -

Well, doesn't this figure. I was preparing to take the city of Babylon in a turn or two. At the same time I was planning on taking out their two cities with hooked up rubber, but THIS VERY TURN, Babylon has Replaceable Parts, and the two cities are so forested, not even a cav army can reach them and attack.

We need to push forward and get out of these mountians on the western front, so that we can kill enemy stacks on open terrain, so I pull a slightly risky move by rushing Babylon with Cav armies without bombarding it down first.. Best to kill Rifles rather than infantry was my thinking... We'll need to raze and Replace Ninevah too to finish the seal, but one thing at a time. It's taking all the artillery just to redline these stupid cavs hat keep showing up turn after turn, and part of that is because they keep stacking on a mountain, or at least a hill. At this point, I'm even willing to lose one army if the RNG screws us... but it doesn't... against probability really... it almost did, but ir didn't... so we take Babylon and...

Totally drained, I go to sleep, and when I wake up in the morning (after the shock of finding out I may lose my daughter)... I realize I'm an idiot. The city built on rubber is a landlocked city. I can artillery/pillage off the roads to Germany's local cities with harbors. At the other city. His other roads are only to Russia nand me, and those are usless because he;s at war. and then his rubber will be local to that ciy only! Of course, I have to build some rails through Cathy's useless tundra, heh. It takes a lot of work, but I manage to pull it off...

We fish out another leader while taking the Persian "capital" of Bactra. I build another army.
We capture Jinjan. Long Island is FINALLY ours. Next stop, reacquiring Tanis.

No deals this turn... Russia has aparently sold Espionage to Australia... maybe I should have taken the deal last turn, but they weren't offering enough I thought.

Upgrade lots of captured bombard things to Arty (and will continue to do so), and the galleons to transports (yay our armies will fit now!)

IT -

Egypt and Argentina ally vs Persia
France shows up wanting Peace... They have NOTHING, not even 1g, and we may need to take a tundra city from the horesless and Rubberless French, so I decline for now
Germany and Russia make peace.
Babs capture some workers that I missed covering again :(
Aztecs want alliance vs Australia, I decline
Aztecs ally with Egypt against us :(

Worker in 1 does what the name says
Iron Now: Infantry -> Infantry
Samarra: Temple -> Walls
Canton: Stock Exchange -> Cavalry
Nanking: Cavalry -> Cavalry
Equinololis: Cavalry -> Cavalry
Dacca: Cavalry -> Cavalry
Atlay: worker -> Temple
Ghuliman: Worker -> Worker
Maccao: Cavalry -> Cavalry
Chinan: Settler -> Settler

8) 1430 - Twenty five or so Cavs this turn, but now we've redirected them to the flat ground, where they die much more efficiently.

We capture Tes and some Egyptian tundra city.

Either I took crappy notes this turn (I did, my mind was elsewhere) or we didn't advance much (we didn't), or both. We should make more progress next turn.

Combustion to Argintina for 118gpt and some change

IT -

Russia and Irros make peace
Babs poach a couple workers... I just can't seem to cover them all...
Egypt rides another stack in...

Worker in one does it's thing
Hovd: Infantry -> Infantry
Ereen: Stock Exchange -> Hospital
Argos: Temple -> Cavalry
Ghulaman: Worker -> temple
Darhan Valley: Cavalry -> Cavalry
Haplong: Frigate - Destroyer... It suddenly kicks in that Frigates don't upgrade to destroyer like I thought...

9) 1435 -

We get some absurd combat results killing redlined cavs. Like, we lose FOUR TIMES with eltes vs 1hp cavs.

We capture Mycenae, the other city near the Persian rubber.
We capture Nimrud
We capture Larsa
We capture Akkad

We're finally moving forward!

Thats about it.

IT -

Germany and India ally vs Argentina
Australia and France make peace, and ally vs Azteca and Irros
I watch Australia take This from Egypt
Argentina and Babylon Embargo us

Beijing: Wall Street -> Destroyer
Worker in 1 does what it always does
Iton Now: Infantry -> Infantry
Cavalry -> Cavalry
Baruun-urt: Worker -> Wotker
Xinjan: Infantry - Infantry
Ghuliman: Cavalry -> Cavalry
New Dehli Worker -> Temple
Macao: Cavalry -> Cavalry
Coal Mountian: Bank -> Cavalry

We take Bubastis, an island city, from Egypt
We capture Ninevah
We capture Uruk
We take Ashur, which has both the useless Mausoleum, and the useful Hanging Gardens.
Sorry Lee, we have a lot of resister, but hey, I've taken several very large cities in the last 2 turns...
We capture Buhen in the Tundra
We capture Thermopolae

We're really moving forward now, and I expect that we're ready to roll now.

OK You have a few units left with movement, mostly infantry that are probably best used as suppressor units, but I figured I might have missed something that needed doing, so I just left them movable. You also have about 5 grand you can spend, and we're making about 1800gpt, which is a big improvement over 10 turns ago. There might be a few Infantry you can scrounge up from cities not longer needing defense, but not many. Up to you if you want to cover all those workers around Hutag. Some of them might get eaten if you don't, but we've got plenty of workers...

Keep in mind with Wall Street we don't want to spend all out cash except in an emergency. I know it's only 50gpt, but it adds up.

Sorry the island campaign didn't go very far, but we did reasonably well in the tundra and western fronts, and we're poised to take 2 cities next turn, and can probably start steamrollering now that we have transports.

Can't think of anything else right now, I'm pretty numb by my rl situation atm. Sorry,

Good Luck, though I think you probably won't need it. I expect you'll put Egypt in it's place quite well :)

Attachments

• LK-147 Mao of the Chinese, 1440 AD.SAV
    1,000.4 KB · Views: 62
ROSTER:
LKendter
Todd Marshall (just played) (skip to Jan 4)
Greebley (up)
CKS (on deck)

There is a 5th slot still open if somebody interested.

Will try and post comments tonight.
It sounds like we are moving forward somewhat despite a new enemy.
The only thing I didn't like reading the reports was multiple worker losses. We are going to pick a lot of cities, especially in Siberia, without rails. We need every last one we can get a hold of.

I wonder if it is time for another draft round to help with resistors?

As for all the settlers, I want enough spares around to RAZE a lot of those islands city like the pain Indus.

Top Bottom