LK171, Daleks, CCM, True Fascists

At Emp, we can probably get just about any of the early Wonders. So long as we pick one or two and focus on them, the AI shouldn't give us too much trouble.

Pyramids sound like one of the best.

Last edited:
2 questions:
Do supply shipments give 25 gold when they are brought into the capital?
I noticed that you change the Daleks' bonus traits, does the Black Pyramid still start a Golden Age?

We should make an effort to get the Egyptian Pyramid to complete the set of Bookends :lol:

The starting set is ready to post. Just waiting for LK170 to officially end.

We should make an effort to get the Egyptian Pyramid to complete the set of Bookends :lol:
:mischief::mischief::mischief:

4000 BC (0)
I began to research polytheism at max rate.

3050 BC (19)
(IT) The Arabs completed their UW.

2850 BC (23)
Maghreb completed their UW.

2750 BC (25)
Alert, alert, alert. Other beings occupy this planet. At this time nothing will happen with Australia.

Kallaan was founded.

2630 BC (28)
Germany is given polytheism for pottery and $61.

2430 BC (33)
Germany is given masonry for sail and $6.

2310 BC (36)
Babylon completed Stonehenge.

2110 BC (41)
The first enslaver kills one of the annoying German scouts near us.

2070 BC (42)
Contact was made with Brazil. They are broke and have no techs we can use.

1950 BC (45)
(IT) Skaro completed the Pyramids. :dance:
It is time to start pumping out military. At this point our worker stack as no protection. I went 100% for ASAP Pyramids.

1830 BC (48)
Mensvat Esc-Dalek was founded.

1790 BC (49)
(IT) Britian completes the Colossus.

1700 BC (52)
(IT) India completed the Temple of Artemis.

1625 BC (55)
I contacted Lowlands. No trades are possible.

1575 BC (57)
An enslaver committed suicide on our Numidian Mercenary.

1525 BC (59)
(IT) Another enslaver died against our Numidian Mercenary.

1500 BC (60)
I give Germany city-state and wheel. They finally give up writing along with $37 and $1/T.

The powerhouse capitol:

An overview of the empire:

The red circle in the above picture shows a source for horses. The next worker should start laying roads towards it. That is the target for the next clan.

Iron is a problem. The only known site is way to the left. I’m hoping the fog on the right is hiding an iron source.

There are two enslavers hiding under the Numidian Mercenary above Leipzig. It needs to heal before then go back out. Chariots are USELESS to protect enslavers, as the game picks them first. Last game we lost multiple enslavers that way.

ROSTER:
LKendter
Elephantium (up)
Greebley (on deck)
Jersey Joe

We must raze all the cities. They can’t be captured for even 1 second.
No workers may upgrade to partisans as we don’t want non-Daleks in our army. If we create a foreign partisan, it must be disbanded ASAP.
We are defiant. We must refuse all demands. The superior Daleks will not be ordered by other civs.
We can’t give up anything to get peace. We can't accept cities in peace.
We can’t complete Military Research Center until the appropriate age.

Attachments

• LK171-1500BC.SAV
    604 KB · Views: 5
I've got it.

Are there any changes I need to make to my Civ installation before playing? (I'm thinking of Flintlock patch settings, etc)

I've got it.

Are there any changes I need to make to my Civ installation before playing? (I'm thinking of Flintlock patch settings, etc)

I made no changes to start it.

Pre-turn:

Skaro is size 10, can't grow, building 1-turn Archers. It can build an Academy in 1 turn pretty much anytime.
Kallaan is size 7, grows in 4. Building Granary in 4. Slavery next? Growth and Granary on the same turn is slightly awkward, but meh. The city has lots of food.
Mensvat Esc-Dalek is size 2, grows in 8. Building Temple in 14 (oof).

Our military is Strong vs. Lowlands and Germany
Average vs. Brazil and Australia

I'm going to build those Academies ASAP and build military otherwise.

Other plans:

Keep exploring with the boats.
Road towards the horses. Daleks need mobility.
Build a city by the horses. Any preferences for which tile -- the horse tile itself, 1S, 1NE?

Edit: Also, we can start building the Black Pyramids anytime. Thoughts on when to do so?

Black Pyramids is tricky. My thought was when Skaro has some worthwhile wonders and can use the extra shields. That UW is pretty meh.

Build a city by the horses. Any preferences for which tile -- the horse tile itself, 1S, 1NE?
My first spot would be on the Horse for 2 Crabs and more sea tiles for food. Second spot would be 1NE for 2 Crabs plus the hills.

The Great Wonder Temple of Kukulcan (need Mysticism) would be nice to get, it gives Nubian Symbol to all cities. In Lk170, it is so nice to build a city and have the "free buildings" give a new city 10 culture points. We need to try and build these types of buildings and not lose them by razing a city.

I just noticed that Nazca Lines give use 1 extra commerce.

A spot I like for a city is north of Skaro at the river's bend with 3 hills right next to the city and a mountain, east of the city, to work.

The Great Wonder Temple of Kukulcan (need Mysticism) would be nice to get, it gives Nubian Symbol to all cities. In Lk170, it is so nice to build a city and have the "free buildings" give a new city 10 culture points. We need to try and build these types of buildings and not lose them by razing a city.

I just noticed that Nazca Lines give use 1 extra commerce.
These are the consequences, that different from CCM 2.50, in this game the Nubians received the "Bloodcult" tech, that is normally attached to the Mesoamerican (and the Australian) civs.

These are the consequences, that different from CCM 2.50, in this game the Nubians received the "Bloodcult" tech, that is normally attached to the Mesoamerican (and the Australian) civs.

I liked the feel of that as the only thing the Daleks worship is extermination. Bloodcult felt the best for an extermination obsessed race.

What about Oracle? That gives more Settlers, and we can start it right away. I'm going to give it a go.

We can't start Temple of Kukulkan until we have 3 Stoneheads (Indigenious Religious Community, requires 3 Temples before we can build them)

IIRC Oracle only gives tech. I could be wrong. Anything for settlers is go.

That is why the 14 turn temple. That gets us our 3rd.

Is the 'pedia wrong? It claims that Oracle gives Settlers every 15 turns.

Speaking of Settlers, we're going to need a dotmap. I just got one from the Pyramids :D For now, the new guy is heading N of Skaro towards the mountain that @Jersey Joe mentioned. Here?

sg_366.jpg

More spots:

sg_367.jpg

Last edited:
Is the 'pedia wrong? It claims that Oracle gives Settlers every 15 turns.

Speaking of Settlers, we're going to need a dotmap. I just got one from the Pyramids :D For now, the new guy is heading N of Skaro towards the mountain that @Jersey Joe mentioned. Here?

View attachment 684259

More spots:

View attachment 684264
I just checked and the Oracle does give Settlers every 15 turns.
Also, my directions for a spot to settle were a little unclear, I was referring to the other mountain. The spot I meant is on the river bend 1SE of your red dot.

Besides a Settler Hammurabi's Code (code of laws) gives free Administrative buildings.

Turn log, continued:

IBT:

Workers complete the road for Furs.
Enemy Enslaver captures one of our Enslavers under the wounded Numidian :mad:

1475 BC:

Bah, I can't drop the lux slider. Skaro would riot.

Aztecs have Spices.
I send Furs, 6gpt, and 144 gold to Lowlands for Mysticism.
I switch Skaro to Oracle. Temple of Kukulkan is not an option -- we need 3 Stoneheads.

IBT:
Scout dies.
Hebrews complete Solomon's Temple in Samaria.

1450 BC:

We gain our first Donkey Cart!

IBT:

Enslaver kills our Archer near Mensvat Esc-Dalek
Australian ship sighted off the coast at Skaro.

1425 BC: Zzz...

1400 BC:

@Civinator, Transport ships can't enter sea terrain at all.
Civilopedia claims a movement handicap rather than a terrain restriction.

IBT:

Australia complains about our ship but doesn't give us a boot order.

1375 BC: Zzz...

IBT: Another Settler pops.

1350 BC: The new Settler heads for the mountain that @Jersey Joe pointed out.

1325 BC:

Medusa Cascade built on the Horses.

IBT:

Enslaver ... retreats? from our Numidian.
Naval Warfare -> Seafaring

1300 BC:

Our Enslaver kills his counterpart. No Worker.

IBT:

sg_368.jpg

We get Seafaring and Construction. Next up, Mathematics.
Palace expansion

1275 BC:

Extermination Bend built on the riverbend.

We meet the USA. They're up CoL, Riding, Trade, and lack Construction and Naval Warfare.

We send Construction to Lowlands for Riding, Trade, and 22gold.
We send Construction to USA for Code of Laws, 13gpt, and 140 gold.
We send Code of Laws to Aztecs for Spices.

1250 BC:

Ugh, Lowlands and USA now know Mathematics!
Enslaver captures 1 German Worker & kills another.
We spot more Iron N of Medusa Cascade.

Handoff notes:

I didn't do any trading on the last turn. IMO we should buy Mathematics and research Philosophy.
I didn't build many military units, mainly because of the Oracle. After the aqueducts complete, we should probably focus on units for a bit.

sg_369.jpg

Attachments

• LK171-1250BC.SAV
    614 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom