Load mod short cut straight away

Anaerin

Pictish Chieftan
Hi. Do any Mac users know of a way to make a shortcut open a mod straight away without having to open BTS first before then loading a mod?

I know on PC it can be done by pointing the shortcut to the mod by typing in 'mod=', but cannot figure a way to do this on a mac. I am working on a mod and its driving me crazy having to open BTS before even loading the mod.

Any help is much appreciated! :)

I have never done that. However, looking in the .ini file for BTS, there is the following:

; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none
Mod = 0

Try substituting your mod's folder in place of the '0' in the .ini. If it works the way I think it does, opening BTS should result in your mod getting loaded immediately.

I have never done that. However, looking in the .ini file for BTS, there is the following:

Mod = 0

Try substituting your mod's folder in place of the '0' in the .ini. If it works the way I think it does, opening BTS should result in your mod getting loaded immediately.

That works. I use it to auto-load the HoF Mods when I am creating Mac saves for the Game of the Month. Of course, it means the mod you define is always loaded when you start the game.

Mod = 0

Thanks... I can't seem to locate the .ini file for BTS. Not in the CIV4 folder, or the BTS folder. I have one in my mods folder, but inside the .ini it does not state "
Mod = 0"

Any ideas?

It should be at /Users/<username>/Documents/Civilization IV Beyond the Sword/CivilizationIV.ini

It should be at /Users/<username>/Documents/Civilization IV Beyond the Sword/CivilizationIV.ini

Ahh perfect, thanks. I hadn't realised that the game stored a folder in documents. All working! will make life easier.

cheers

Top Bottom