[Looking for...] Unanimated Leaderheads

Quornix

Warlord
I'm playing on a system that barely meets minimum system requirements, and I've found that in later periods, it takes forever to load the diplomatic screens. All the extra screens run slowly, but diplomacy is by far the worst. I also have graphical issues with the leaders where it seems like the system gets confused about which parts are in front of others, so I get a Sitting Bull with his teeth and eyes in front of his face, and Gandhi has everything but his eyelashes behind the background.

Given that I gain little benefit from the leaderheads while paying a significant cost, I was wondering how one would go about using a simple and still image instead of an animated one.

Any links, advice, or walkthroughs would be greatly appreciated.

what system you running?
Not sure how much it matters, unless there's a fix for the leaderheads (and if there is one, I'd love to get it for small maps), but here goes:

Win XP Home
1.8 GHz (AMD)
480 MB RAM (512, but I couldn't drop onboard video below 32 MB)
128 MB PCI GeForce4 MX 4000 (Not PCI express)

Not sure what else would be interesting in solving the issues, but that should cover most of it. Like I said, a truly sub-par system. It may not even meet system requirements for BTS -- I think I heard that they were increased.

And thanks, snipperrabbit. I'll poke around here for that mod. Not sure where the leaderhead animations are stored, but that shouldn't be too hard to find (and there are probably instructions in the mod thread anyway).

[EDIT]Found Nevermind's mod. Looks like just the thing! Thanks a lot![/EDIT]

Top Bottom