Looks like Civ 6 is done: Kevin called April "final game update"

I can't wait to see the endless debate here on what the "end of cycle" hoodie means. :p

How does that resolve the question? If you look through Kevin's Twitter, it's clear that those hoodies were to mark the end of NFP, not necessarily the end of Civ VI.
People are just seeing what they want to see. It's essentially a Rorschach test. If you read the accompanying text in the Tweet itself, he is clearly thinking of the cycle as that of NFP, not Civ6 as a whole - he only references the patches over the last year.

Rather like the OP to this thread (which is stated later in the thread by the OP, conclusions are being drawn from ambiguous language.

I daresay that there will be some kind of announcement that Civ 6 is done when they decide to not do anything more beyond fixes. Until then, everything they say is just a Rorschach test.

I can't wait to see the endless debate here on what the "end of cycle" hoodie means. :p
Once they've made a decision (and if that's to do more content, the additional caveat of being ready to start advertising it), they'll probably make an announcement. Until then, it's all speculation at best.

Personal opinion: The longer they leave it, the more likely it is that there will be additional content, since that will take longer to be in a position to announce than the decision to end Civ 6. I was expecting them to unambiguously say they were ending paid content in the April update, if that was their decision.

What is the definitive language that would convince us, and how close can the skirt the line to tease us longer?
"End of Game" or "End of Development" would seem to be more definitive. :p

What is the definitive language that would convince us, and how close can the skirt the line to tease us longer?
"We'll stop developing Civ 6."

"We'll continue developing Civ 6."

Valid question.

Personally, I think it will come in the form of announcing Civ 7. Until then, it will be unambiguous, if they do say explicitly. Edit: See the two previous posts door examples.

Last edited by a moderator:
People are just seeing what they want to see. It's essentially a Rorschach test. If you read the accompanying text in the Tweet itself, he is clearly thinking of the cycle as that of NFP, not Civ6 as a whole - he only references the patches over the last year.

LMAO.I actually cross posted that image to this thread to see just this variety of mental gymnastics. Thanks for not disappointing.

LMAO.I actually cross posted that image to this thread to see just this variety of mental gymnastics. Thanks for not disappointing.
It says end of cycle then explicitly talks only about NFP. That you've then made the jump to assume that it's talking about Civ VI as a whole, rather than NFP which it explicitly refers to,and can't even see that, proves my point.

It says end of cycle then explicitly talks only about NFP. That you've then made the jump to assume that it's talking about Civ VI as a whole, rather than NFP which it explicitly refers to,and can't even see that, proves my point.

Sure, but you're also choosing to ignore that no reference whatsover is made to NFP in the actual hoodies, which is the object the workers are actually keeping. It just says "Civilization 6: End of Cycle"

You talk about the Rorschach test and then seem to proceed as if it couldn't apply to your own interpretation.

Rather like the OP to this thread (which is stated later in the thread by the OP, conclusions are being drawn from ambiguous language.

I daresay that there will be some kind of announcement that Civ 6 is done when they decide to not do anything more beyond fixes. Until then, everything they say is just a Rorschach test.
Why did @Andrew Johnson [FXS] like your post... :shifty:

Sure, but you're also choosing to ignore that no reference whatsover is made to NFP in the actual hoodies, which is the object the workers are actually keeping. It just says "Civilization 6: End of Cycle"

You talk about the Rorschach test and then seem to proceed as if it couldn't apply to your own interpretation.

No, but "cycle" might just be "NFP" or even allude to the apocalypse, Maya, etc. The macaron cookies were definitely a direct reference to both NFP and the apocalypse idea. The tweets surrounding the gift packages also made direct references to NFP.

Top Bottom