Lord of the Rings

If you need a tester... Y'know where to find me ;)

What does it matter that Galapagos Islands do not fit for it.
"Torres Del Paine doesn't work for Erebor because Torres Del Paine is a 2-Tile Natural Wonder, while Erebor would only be 1-Tile"

No I did not, I programmed in background music that plays random tracks of which there is 18 of them. The only way I have gotten music/sound to play is through the UI.

Hey! Whats going on? Maybe you've got some new information? Or maybe you have some type of beta testing version to try?

Unfortunately I still can't do anything else until they release the world builder so that it won't crash when I add civilizations, hopefully soon I think a patch may come at the end of this month it is possible it will come with it. Once it is released unless I get too busy I think we can get a beta out in a few months possibly earlier.

Last edited:
Well you got cities to work and defined civs, for whatever reason it crashes on the load screen for mine when I add or delete civs from my default list. Did you do anything special to prevent this?

Well you got cities to work and defined civs, for whatever reason it crashes on the load screen for mine when I add or delete civs from my default list. Did you do anything special to prevent this?

No, but I bet it would work if you made separate versions for each number of civs, adding/deleting the number of players at the "new map" screen. Also, if you change the map into something like Kantorr's World Builder Templates, you wouldn't have to remake it each time you made a separate version with different amounts of civs.

I just tried it, unfortunately it didn't work however it did make the civ icons and such look proper when I created a new map, I really thought it would work at first. I have a feeling it has to do with the fact that I made the map back before the patches so I'm wondering if there is something inherently wrong with the map itself. Thanks though!

If that is the case I think I might just place cities, territory and units via lua.

If that is the case I think I might just place cities, territory and units via lua.
Yeah... the hard way :p

Is is possible to place alliances and start at different eras via LUA? I am working on a LOTR scenario, and I want the game to start with:
1: The medieval era
2: Elves, Gondor, Rohan waging war on Mordor, Isengard, Gundabad
3. Armies surrounding Minas Tirith

It would be even better if it was coded for AI Mordor to move units from inside Mordor to Minas Tirith, but I don't think that's possible.

Yes you can do all 3 of those things, unless diplomacy is glitched as I haven't tried that but there is code for it.

I already have the civs created right now I'm slowly adding things to the map. It seems changing anything like terrain causes it too bug out too now lol. I think once they release a proper world builder I will probably just have to mirror the map on a newly created blank level but for now it is fine the way it is just some rivers that are off and needed forests.

If you did want to help we had a trello but I think ispanets doesn't come around here anymore (as with the trello which he owns) but he could add you to that. If anything perhaps I could put a list of things I can think of that aren't done.

Thanks! I'd like that. I can get working on the Natural Wonders with custom text if you want, because I know how to do that.
It would be great if I was added to the Trello/.

Sure! Lots of things have been completed. I have added everything to the map. Lore, events (quests/regular) and civilization abilities are functioning, they will need testing especially some events. Hero abilities are working.

I made a rough list of the things I need before I will release for testing (alpha):

- Diplomacy Images for All Civilizations
- Dawn of Man texts
- Game Conditions UI
- Balance Policies / fix high yield bug
- AI set Tech and Civics manually and change no research UI
- AI rough tests
- Final Ring Counter Victory and Event + Reunited Kingdom
- Victory conditions UI
- Explain All Rules and base game changes
- Change some natural wonders text and unit action graphics

I'm currently working on doing civilization leader screens so that they look like the first screenshot. We had some before but not for everyone and I like this style better.

Spoiler :
UpdatePicture1.png

Spoiler :
UpdatePicture2.png

Hey I think that I will be releasing a alpha version (though i did do a pretty good amount of testing) in less then a week or so - no guarantees. I just need to fix a few things and add a few things.

Top Bottom