• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

LotR Modders UNITE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Kindred72
ok, I'm confused as heck, It's like watching a movie starting half way through it. I'm happy you two are working on the foundation of the mod, maybe you guys should talk on the phone or something. :D
Which two? Me and PCHighway, or Celeborn and me, or Celeborn and PCH?
If I'm one of the two, I just want to say that I won't pay a phone call across the Atlantic, however fun it would be. :)
The reason we do it in a thread is that people like you can say "No, make the swordsman have 3/1/1!" or something.

LoL
Ok, I think I got the Overview down. All we need are the Elves line, and we should be able to go make that new thread. I’ll PM you the overview Celeborn, use the ‘reply’ button and then copy and paste it on to the new thread, so you get all the ‘tags’ (URL’s, Bold, Italic, etc.). Feel free to add to it. And Mrtn should be happy to hear that I conformed to his communal ways, for the stats atleast ;).
Kindred72- ok, I'm confused as heck, It's like watching a movie starting half way through it. I'm happy you two are working on the foundation of the mod, maybe you guys should talk on the phone or something.
Halfway through, does this mean you missed ‘the worshiping of the Lord of the Vampires’? :D.

embryodead- you should create a forum dedicated to the mod if you are making it in huge group... i already lost a track of this after few pages...
It would be easier, but I agree with mrtn, I want to keep it at CFC also. We’ll see how it goes :undecide: .

We need to finish the Elves line, unless Celeborn want to start a new thread with out it.

It seems you broke my Curse, Mrtn ;).

Remember the Emirate government, how you said you would give it to only the Muslims Civs, so they would only get it?
That reminds me, Yoda, if you gave a tech to a Civ (lets say the Dwarves) that would allow them to see a resource, in the mountains. But the tech wasn't in the 'tree' it was stand alone, would the other AI civs who didn't have the tech, start building cities next to mountains, thinking they would eventually get that resource? Would it be tradeable (the tech)?

Originally posted by PCHighway
Remember the Emirate government, how you said you would give it to only the Muslims Civs, so they would only get it?
That reminds me, Yoda, if you gave a tech to a Civ (lets say the Dwarves) that would allow them to see a resource, in the mountains. But the tech wasn't in the 'tree' it was stand alone, would the other AI civs who didn't have the tech, start building cities next to mountains, thinking they would eventually get that resource? Would it be tradeable (the tech)?
It would´nt be tradeable, but im pretty sure that the other civs would still start building cities next to it.

I see, well, we will just have to put them in a place surrounded by Mountains, then only the Dwarves could build colonies there. I hope conquests lets us give more abilities to units, such as allowing only certain unit, to be able to build cities on certain Terrain. Then we could give it to the Dwarves Settler. I did apply for a beta tester, so we'll see:lol:!

And Mrtn should be happy to hear that I conformed to his communal ways, for the stats atleast ;).
:thumbsup:
It seems you broke my Curse, Mrtn ;).
:cry:
I've been thinking about if we only should have two elven units of each kind. *No, hear me out:)* I e two archers, two spearmen and so on. We've been talking about that the elves should be good in the start of the game, but not progress as much as the other races. This way we don't need to use strange graphics (bowman, too many Ao* units) and have a few goodlooking ones. And the stats should be quite easy to fix. I'd say the first elven units should equal mens second era units, and the second elven units should equal the mens third era units. (In stats that is). They should be more expensive than the mens and orcs units.

I like the idea.... But We need to give them some type of HP bonus, for the second upgrade at least. How about this:

Elven Spear- - - ?
1a-c. Elven Infantry? (Graphics? Macedonian Phalangite (kryten) or regular Civ3?)
1c-d. High Elven Infantry? (Kinboat)

Offensive Infantry
2a-c. Elven soldier (Graphics? AoE unit or regular Civ3?)
2c-d. Elven Longblade? (Kinboat)

Archers
3a-c. Elven Archer (Japanese Unit Pack)
3c-d. Elven Longbowman (Kinboat)

Cavalry
4a-b. Arab Horseman (lab monkey) (different sounds)
4c-d. Chinese Rider (different sounds)

Cavalry Archers
5a-b. Horse archer (Kryten)
5c-d. Armored Horsearcher (Japanese Unit Pack)

What do you think? I gave them two cavalry unit lines, mainly because they will have significant different abilities. And, not to mention the fact that they need more archer type units ;). How about this, lets give the second line stats in-between that of the Man civs 3rd and 4th eras. But lets make the second one cost significantly more, after all, it wasn't that they were weaker than men, just far less common.

embryodead wrote this:
sort of...
next projects are: wolf chariot (goes slowly), pikeman, halberdier, crossbowman, zombie, fimir, goblin shaman, elf spearman & archer, wardancer.
In the Chaos Warrior thread. So we have some real goodies to look forward too. :D
Why four horse units? Why not use the archers instead of other riders? I don't think the arab horseman fits as an elf.
I say use only two cavalry units.

Goblin Shaman :). Elf Spearman and Archer? Well it doesn't look like we will have to use the Macedonian unit. :goodjob:

Only two cavalry units? The Horse archers then? If memory serves me, the Elves were big on mounted Elf warriors :p, I don't even think they used Horse archers, but more of a Knight-esque type of thing. Lets go with what you say, but keep our eyes out for more units. When embryodead releases his Elven units, we will have to see what they look like, but then we should replace the spearman. But we should add the Archer (if it's a wood elf) as a UU. Let me try some stats here, so we can wrap this thread up. But first, think of a Elven Swordsman graphic, We really need one ;).

About the cavalry, did the books say "Elven cavalry with swords and 5/3/2 stats ( :p)" or did it say "elves fighting from horseback" ? If it is somewhat like the latter, couldn't you claim that elves often fight with bows, so elven cavalry probably also fight with bows?

Swordsman: What about the European Swordsman? I know we will use that for the men, but it is a quite "nondescript" guy. Just a guy with brown hair and a sword and a shield. Give it a green civcolour and it's probably an elf. :)

Why dont you just convince some unit maker that he needs to do all these units;)

Originally posted by Yoda Power
Why dont you just convince some unit maker that he needs to do all these units;)
Yoda, we got a job for you... ;)

LoL, I doubt it would work Yoda, ok check out these stats. And I do distinctly remember Tolkien saying Elven steel, but I agree with you, it should be this way for now, and adds more flavor.

Elven Defensive Line
1a-b. Phalangite(kryten)or Elven Spearman(embryodead)Name:Elven Infantry=2\4\1 +2HP
1c-d. Elven Spearman(Kinboat) Name: High Elven Infantry=4\5\1 +2HP

Offensive Infantry
2a-c. -Graphics- Name:Elven Soldier=4/3/1 +1HP
2c-d. Elven Swordsman(Kinboat) Name: Elven Longblade=6/5/1 +1HP

Archers
3a-c.(Japanese Unit Pack)Name: Elven Archer=3\3\1 0HP BR0 . BA5 . ROF3
3c-d. Elven Longbowman(Kinboat)=5\5\1 0HP .BR0 .BA7 .ROF3

Cavalry
5a-b.Horse archer(Kryten)Name:Elven Mounted Archer4\3\2 0HP BR0 . BA5 . ROF3 *blitz
5c-d.(Japanese Unit Pack)Name:Armored Horse archer 4\4\2 +1HP .BR0 .BA6 .ROF3 *blitz

Originally posted by mrtn

Yoda, we got a job for you... ;)
dont even think about it(yes I see the irony;) )

I actually meant some skilled creator...like Kindred he makes fantasy units....or...aaglo he made some too, not exactly lotr units, but still:rolleyes:

Im going to PM you the overview, see if you want to add something, and that way you can see all the stats as one.

YES, we need them in a table. I would be willing to review them as need be then, but the format we're in now... TOO MUCH HAVOC!

Well that settles that, it is 2.000 characters longer than permitted :eek:. I can post the stats here for you guys, but it seems the overview with the stats will be to long.

NEVERMIND it's only to long for Pm's :cringe:

Hit point table.
Conscript 3 HP
Regular 4 HP
Veteran 6 HP
Elite 7 HP

Stat Key.
Attack\Defense\Movement
Bombard Range=BR
Bombard Strength(attack)= BA
Bombard rate of Fire= ROF
HPB = Hit Point Bonus, will the unit get more Hit points than Default, or less.

Men
Defender Line-
1a. European Spearmen (utahjazz7) Name: Edain militia -
1\3\1 +1HPB
1b.Germanic Spearmen (Kinboat) Name: Spearman -
2\4\1 +1HPB
1c. Halberdier- (JimmyH) Name: Pikeman (?) -
3\5\1 +2HPB
1d. Pikemen (Civ3)? Name: Armored Pikemen -
3\6\1 +2HPB

Offensive Line-
2a.Tribal Warrior (Yaniv) -
2\1\1 0HPB
2b. Swordsman (Civ3) Beserker -
4\3\1 0HPB
2c. European Swordsman (utahjazz7) Name: Swordsman -
5\4\1 0HPB
2d. Scottish Warrior (Kindred) Name: Long Swordsman -
7\5\1 0HPB

Missle Line-
3a. Skirmisher (JH) Name: Skirmisher(?) -
2\2\1 -1HPB . BR0 . BA2 . ROF2
3b. Bab. Bowman (Civ3). Name: Archer -
3\3\1 -1HPB . BR0 . BA4 . ROF2
3c. Robin Hood (Kinboat) Name: Composite Archer -
4\4\1 -1HPB . BR0 .BA5 .ROF2
3d.Longbowman (Civ3) Name: Longbowman -
5\5\1 0HPB . BR0 .BA6 .ROF3

Cavalry Line-
1a-b. Horseman (civ3) Name: Horseman-
2\2\2 0HPB *blitz
1c.Cavalry (Jimmyh)?? Name: Cavalry -
3\2\2 0HPB *blitz
1d. Knight? (Civ3?) Name: Knight -
5\4\2 +2HPB *blitz

Mordor
Units will be cheaper, the Shield Cost won’t be determined until all unit lines are finished.

Defensive Infantry line-
1a-b.Goblin Spearman1 (embryodead) Name: Goblin Spearman-
1\3\1 0HPB .BR0 .BA1 .ROF1
1c.Goblin Spearman2 (Kindred) Name: Orc Spearman -
2\4\1 +1HPB .BR0 .BA2 .ROF1
1d. Cave Troll (Kindred) Name: Cave Troll -
4\6\1 +3HPB .BR0 . BA0 . ROF0

Offensive Line-
2a. Orc Warrior color conversion (embryodead) Name: Orc Warrior-
2\1\1 0HPB
2b. Orc Warrior (embryodead) Name: Orc Swordsman-
3\2\1 0HPB