Are you a Mac person or a PC person?

• PC !!

Votes: 114 70.8%
  • Mac !!

Votes: 33 20.5%
  • Erm....they're both just as good

Votes: 14 8.7%

• Total voters
i think with experiance in both systems and even linux as well....
that pc's( windows) is more universal in the way that file transfer is easy , because most ppl have a windows system the files are therefore compatible , as well windowns files are compatible on macs but not the other way around. And since word was created to be used on a windows operating system .. there are obvious advantages for using a pc's for stuff like office work. however .. every time they introduce a new system such as xp and the new vista ... there is ALWAYS some sort of problem that has gotten through the beta testing! they try to make them easier to use .. however many ppl who are not " computer literate" fine them hard to grasp , this could be true of macs as well ( but i think not , as i hadn't used mac's much b4 i got this one , and found the whole concept easy to grasp, but i am quite used to computers).

Mac's are good for graphics, so going by technical specs games should run more smoothly on this operating system, however macintosh have not made games that appeal so much .. this may be a mistake , as there seems to be a big gap in the market for this industry. however the graphics do come in usefull for stuff like film and photo editing.The main program used in the film industry is Final cut pro , only available on macs, the high quality graphics and sound is probably the reason for this , windows have tryed to copy this program but have not managed , mac have copyed many programs from windows such as word prossesor , which works to the same standard. why can't windows do this too ?, the only program i can find on mac's that area copy from windows that doesn't work as well is MSN, which is annoying , but livable.

so weighing out the pro's and cons again it depends in what u want out of the computer.

PC. I see no reason to use macs. Macs cost too much and I don't need the Garagebands, iPhotos and iWhatevers. I've used macs, and I just don't like them.

I am surprised no one has mentioned the Classic Mac OSes (Mainly Mac OS 7.5, 8, and 9) :mischief:.

I am surprised no one has mentioned the Classic Mac OSes (Mainly Mac OS 7.5, 8, and 9) :mischief:.

For the same reason nobody mentions Windows 95 anymore. They're ancient history, in computer time. (And yes, those versions of MacOS sucked, even worse than Windows ME. That's one of the reasons why Apple nearly went out of business around that time period.)

There are people who still use Mac OS 9 because they eather perfer it over OS X or cant aford the upgrade to a new hardware for OS X (Same situation with people still using Windows XP because they eather perfer it over Vista or cant afford the hardware upgrades for Vista)

Plus I would not be too supprised if the same was said for Windows 95 and 98.

For the same reason nobody mentions Windows 95 anymore. They're ancient history, in computer time. (And yes, those versions of MacOS sucked, even worse than Windows ME. That's one of the reasons why Apple nearly went out of business around that time period.)

Seriously? Were they actually worse than ME? That's quite bad. My younger brother still has to use ME, he can't afford an upgrade yet. He's happy though, and that's what matters.

BTW, does anyone remember a Mac that sung about winning the sweepstakes when you tested it's voice synthesiser? That's all I remember about those old Macs.

Mac is based on UNIX, which makes it far less likely to crash. Macs are always faster, and they almost never freeze. In addition, Mac OS X "Leopard" allows you to install Windows alongside the Mac. So, those who like Windows also like Macs. Which, in theory, means that Mac wins, at 90%, no matter what you choose.

Mac is based on UNIX, which makes it far less likely to crash. Macs are always faster, and they almost never freeze.
OK, you have proven that macs are, without doubt, superior.
In addition, Mac OS X "Leopard" allows you to install Windows alongside the Mac. So, those who like Windows also like Macs. Which, in theory, means that Mac wins, at 90%, no matter what you choose.

I don't undrestand your logic. Why the hell would someone like macs only because one can install windows alongside mac? Why would macs "win"?

BTW, macs are overpriced IMO.

Mac is based on UNIX, which makes it far less likely to crash. Macs are always faster, and they almost never freeze. In addition, Mac OS X "Leopard" allows you to install Windows alongside the Mac. So, those who like Windows also like Macs. Which, in theory, means that Mac wins, at 90%, no matter what you choose.

This is great satire. (I hope.)

Mac is based on UNIX, which makes it far less likely to crash.

The only time my Windows computer has crashed is when playing games, which Macs don't have.

Macs are always faster,

Actually, all Macs (except for the Pro desktop versions, and servers) use laptop parts, which are in fact, slower, in order to use less power and give off less heat.

and they almost never freeze.

My Mac froze a lot before the RAM was upgraded, however, I haven't really used it since then. (Good thing the RAM wasn't bought from Apple's store, as it would have cost $200+ dollars more).

In addition, Mac OS X "Leopard" allows you to install Windows alongside the Mac.
If Macs are so great, why even bother installing Windows?

So, those who like Windows also like Macs. Which, in theory, means that Mac wins, at 90%, no matter what you choose.
We have a Mac lab at school, and as far as I can tell from what I've heard, no one likes them. And, do you think that you would like Mac if the buttons weren't all shiny?

Jamesds said:
BTW, does anyone remember a Mac that sung about winning the sweepstakes when you tested it's voice synthesiser? That's all I remember about those old Macs.

I remember the voice synthesizer part. You typed something into whatever the Notepad equivalent was called, and then there was some command that caused it to say it. Kids at school liked it for the entertainment value, and once it a while for actually figuring out how to say something.

Ghost Ranger said:
We have a Mac lab at school, and as far as I can tell from what I've heard, no one likes them. And, do you think that you would like Mac if the buttons weren't all shiny?

Do you think you would like Vista if it weren't all shiny?

Sorry, couldn't resist, with the UI being one of the biggest improvements (I know there's lots more under the hood, but based on my experience I can't call it improvements).

Chairman Meow said:

Yeah, those versions of MacOS were really bad. I never used Windows ME, but Windows 95 and 98 were much better (and were direct competitors). It seems that Macs are becoming more popular (a 77-23 split like the one here seems fairly close to what I've seen at college), but many of the up-and-coming generation remember the Classic MacOS and that can't be helping Macs.

----

In some ways I wish I had tried out OSX, but the price is still way too high to justify any difference. I get less for $2000 with an Apple than I did for $1725 with a PC.

Do you think you would like Vista if it weren't all shiny?

Sorry, couldn't resist, with the UI being one of the biggest improvements (I know there's lots more under the hood, but based on my experience I can't call it improvements).

I don't have Vista, and have only spent 2 minutes total using it, so I don't really know what it is like, however, there is defiantly more to it than just the UI (DX10?).

"I hate Macs. I have always hated Macs. I hate people who use Macs. I even
hate people who don't use Macs but sometimes wish they did.
:goodjob:

About Mac OS X Customizing

Obviously none of you who said that Mac OSX is not customizable then you never used it at all or used it enough to know how easy it is customize it.

Also you never heard of VirtueDesktops where you can have dozens of different desktops that you can switch between instead of using a very cluttered one. You can load a few apps in one in each desktop and easily switch in between them instead 10-15 apps in one very cluttered desktop. It's a lot easier and makes things go faster for web developers/ designers/ and programmers that need multiple programs open at once.

Also you never seen the Mac Dashboard where you can choose from a list of many dozens of widgets that you can easily install on the Dashboard. Do you know how easy it is to install many programs on Mac OS X?

Just drag and drop the program files into the folder you want it in, that's all. You don't have to go through a installation wizard every single time you want to install a program. Upgrading hardware is also very easy, I just upgraded my RAM from 2gb to 4gb very easily using kingston RAM that you could also use for Windows based computers.

Did I mention Macs have been using Intel Pentium Processors for awhile now? So I'm very proud of you for getting your facts straight.

:goodjob: Good Job Forrest Gump​

About Mac OS X Customizing

Obviously none of you who said that Mac OSX is not customizable then you never used it at all or used it enough to know how easy it is customize it.

Also you never heard of VirtueDesktops where you can have dozens of different desktops that you can switch between instead of using a very cluttered one. You can load a few apps in one in each desktop and easily switch in between them instead 10-15 apps in one very cluttered desktop. It's a lot easier and makes things go faster for web developers/ designers/ and programmers that need multiple programs open at once.
Linux has this feature built in, and I believe Windows also has this, it is just really hard to access. Also, the next version of mac will have this (about time...)
Also you never seen the Mac Dashboard where you can choose from a list of many dozens of widgets that you can easily install on the Dashboard. Do you know how easy it is to install many programs on Mac OS X?
You can download widget engines for Windows (not to mention the 'sidebar') and I bet Linux has something similar.
Just drag and drop the program files into the folder you want it in, that's all. You don't have to go through a installation wizard every single time you want to install a program.
Actually the install wizards do exist. And installing programs is easier in Linux/ Windows then mac. Plus with macs you have to deal with that disk-image crap when installing. Apple probably wants to make installing programs as hard as possible so your forced to buy their overpriced ones...
Upgrading hardware is also very easy, I just upgraded my RAM from 2gb to 4gb very easily using kingston RAM that you could also use for Windows based computers.
The RAM is about all you can upgrade on a Mac and even that is tricky...
Did I mention Macs have been using Intel Pentium Processors for awhile now? So I'm very proud of you for getting your facts straight.
'Intel' does not mean 'fast', the only reason they switched was because people recognize 'Intel' more than 'PowerPC'. In fact a while back AMD processors were actually better than Intel ones. Apple was even bragging that G4s were faster than Pentium 4s:
http://www.asia.apple.com/g4/myth/

Nothing on my Mac is "shiny" because I can "Customize" a Mac easily.

The only thing that people say about Windows is how easy it is to use and to install programs and all that sort of stuff. Well that's why Bill Gates is so smart, because he knows most Americans are to lazy and stupid to think for themselves and he knew if he made a OS that was so easy that he would make a lot of money, that's why he's a Multi-Billionaire.

Why do you think the U.S. is the fattest nation in the world? You might say that I'm not from America because I say this, but my ancestors have lived in America longer than any of yours.
Also, there are a plethora of headlines in national news and many famous people and government officials to make my point that Americans are stupid, ignorant, and glutens. President George Bush is one of the stupidest of them all. To think he has the capability to nuke another country because his "God" told him to.

Also, Dick Cheney, The Vice President, "accidentally" shooting another person. The fattest person in the world was an American, he was almost 3/4 of a ton, he was about 1400lbs. Of course he died of heart failure. Americans are greedy too. Why do you think George Bush has all those soldiers in Iraq? It's not for the "War on Terror", remember what he said? "Iraq has weapons of mass destruction". Did they find any to this day? NO.

Then why are all those soldiers dying then? George Bush wants the Iraqi's oil, so he can drive his ten different SUV's that get 7 mpg on the highway and 3 mpg in the city. It's just like every other American that owns one of those deer smacking, squirrel squashes, environmental polluting machines that they drive by themselves everyday except for once a month when they take their family to the all you can eat buffet.

All hail King Bush :king: :nuke:

Way to go!!! :goodjob:

Moderator Action: Irrelevant trolling - warned.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Nothing on my Mac is "shiny" because I can "Customize" a Mac easily.
I have a mac, and believe me there is nothing you can customize on it.
The only thing that people say about Windows is how easy it is to use and to install programs and all that sort of stuff. Well that's why Bill Gates is so smart, because he knows most Americans are to lazy and stupid to think for themselves and he knew if he made a OS that was so easy that he would make a lot of money, that's why he's a Multi-Billionaire.
Why do something in 6 clicks if you can do the same thing in only 3? Its not a matter of lazy or stupidness, it is a matter annoying/frustrated-ness.
Why do you think the U.S. is the fattest nation in the world? You might say that I'm not from America because I say this, but my ancestors have lived in America longer than any of yours.
Why, because they click 3 times instead of 6?
Also, there are a plethora of headlines in national news and many famous people and government officials to make my point that Americans are stupid, ignorant, and glutens. President George Bush is one of the stupidest of them all. To think he has the capability to nuke another country because his "God" told him to.

Also, Dick Cheney, The Vice President, "accidentally" shooting another person. The fattest person in the world was an American, he was almost 3/4 of a ton, he was about 1400lbs. Of course he died of heart failure. Americans are greedy too. Why do you think George Bush has all those soldiers in Iraq? It's not for the "War on Terror", remember what he said? "Iraq has weapons of mass destruction". Did they find any to this day? NO.

Then why are all those soldiers dying then? George Bush wants the Iraqi's oil, so he can drive his ten different SUV's that get 7 mpg on the highway and 3 mpg in the city. It's just like every other American that owns one of those deer smacking, squirrel squashes, environmental polluting machines that they drive by themselves everyday except for once a month when they take their family to the all you can eat buffet.

All hail King Bush :king: :nuke:

Way to go!!! :goodjob:
What does this have to do with Mac/ PCs. I'm getting the feeling that your a mac fanboy who knows nothing about computers, so has to "defend" his OS with racism and other stuff that has nothing to do with mac.

Top Bottom