Are you a Mac person or a PC person?

• PC !!

Votes: 114 70.8%
  • Mac !!

Votes: 33 20.5%
  • Erm....they're both just as good

Votes: 14 8.7%

• Total voters
but some more advanced stuff is best done on Macs.

The virus fact im not disputing, many more PCs will equal many more targets.

But I challenge you to the above claim. What advanced stuff, are you just saying what you hear or do have any evidence?

There seems to be this myth that you cant do advanced work on a PC or its somehow better on a mac yet there seems to be no proof.

Last I checked 3ds max and autocad the most widely used modelling and CAD software doesnt even run on a mac.

Adobe premiere pro is only just available on a mac again in the latest CS3 pack.

Photoshop is the same program running on both OS's.

MAC sucks ass

I know that PCs usually are fine for many people to use for development software, but some more advanced stuff is best done on Macs. And the fact a Mac has a lot less viruses than a PC, but more than Linux.
You mean Windows. A PC has less viruses, as you can run Linux.

I know that PCs usually are fine for many people to use for development software, but some more advanced stuff is best done on Macs. And the fact a Mac has a lot less viruses than a PC, but more than Linux.

I don't think Macs have any edge for the 'more advanced stuff', that's pretty much the message proclaimed by the "Hello I'm a Mac" adverts, and it's one of their marketing claims despite having little claim to truth. I will reconsider your claim, however, if you can provide some solid evidence ;)...say a couple of examples where the 'more advanced stuff' can be carried out significantly better on a Mac than on a PC (with Windows).

As for the viruses, we all know that's because Mac's aren't very popular (yet). I don't think differences in OS security necessarily play a big role here - whether they do or not will be tested soon if Apple claim a larger percentage of the market as they are hoping to.

Top Bottom