Are you a Mac person or a PC person?

• PC !!

Votes: 114 70.8%
  • Mac !!

Votes: 33 20.5%
  • Erm....they're both just as good

Votes: 14 8.7%

• Total voters
I'm sincerely sorry for offending anyone. I wasn't being racist, I was talking about my own family and where they lived. I didn't know Americans were actually a race all their own, like there are so many other wonderful races in the world. I only consider there to be one race on Earth that we should see ourselves as, and that's the Human Race. So in retrospect, I do see what I said as pretty harsh. So from now on I will keep my questions and comments on CIV4 and other games that are relevant in this forum. I will also think more before I post a topic so that I don't hurt any feelings because I know how it feels to well to have it happen. So, I have learned from this. May we please go on and start talking about lighter topics? I know I would like to have some of you as friends because all of you have strong convictions and don't easily back down on what you believe in. Both of those qualities I like a lot. Although you don't have to be my friend. I'm just asking for a chance to show you that for the most part I am a nice person. It's just that we got off on the wrong foot, and it was my fault. I hope that the rest of your day will be good and that you will have a lot of luck too. Maybe you'll find some money? Who knows?

Thanks for listening to me... My deepest apologizes to all of you.

Sincerely,

webguy321

I am surprised no one has mentioned the Classic Mac OSes (Mainly Mac OS 7.5, 8, and 9) :mischief:.
Actually we did cover it, starting page 5 ;) (And my opinion was along the lines of Chairman Meow - Classic MacOS is awful.)

Mac is based on UNIX, which makes it far less likely to crash. Macs are always faster, and they almost never freeze. In addition, Mac OS X "Leopard" allows you to install Windows alongside the Mac. So, those who like Windows also like Macs. Which, in theory, means that Mac wins, at 90%, no matter what you choose.
I did dual booting years ago - and it's a right pain. I'd much rather keep everything on one OS, so that isn't an argument in favour of using two.

but many of the up-and-coming generation remember the Classic MacOS and that can't be helping Macs.
Yes - although using the Mac brand for their new platform obviously meant they kept the brand awareness, and made classic Mac users more likely to switch over to OS X, I wonder how this compares with the potential loss of people who are put off by it being branded Mac...

Also you never heard of VirtueDesktops where you can have dozens of different desktops that you can switch between instead of using a very cluttered one. You can load a few apps in one in each desktop and easily switch in between them instead 10-15 apps in one very cluttered desktop. It's a lot easier and makes things go faster for web developers/ designers/ and programmers that need multiple programs open at once.
I heard about them, ooh, in 1985, when AmigaOS was doing that? And that might not have been the first, either.

Just drag and drop the program files into the folder you want it in, that's all. You don't have to go through a installation wizard every single time you want to install a program.
Not this one again. On Windows, you doubleclick (and some applications can drag and drop). If an application chooses to put you through a wizard, that's an application choice, and whatever things it asks you (e.g., setting up initial preferences) would have to be asked on the Mac at some point too.

Upgrading hardware is also very easy, I just upgraded my RAM from 2gb to 4gb very easily using kingston RAM that you could also use for Windows based computers.
So now it's a bonus that it's as easy to upgrade RAM as other computers, using the same RAM? Different platforms were using the same RAM 15 years ago

Did I mention Macs have been using Intel Pentium Processors for awhile now? So I'm very proud of you for getting your facts straight.
It's better because it's the same? And what happened to PPC being so good?

It's sounds to me some people that post here are trying to pick fights with each other. It's not just with me either. They read something they don't like and try to make the person who posted upset by trying their best to make them feel stupid. I would very much like to get along with everyone here. It doesn't matter that we use a different OS than one another. I thought the main reason we signed up to this forum was to talk about CIV 1 - 4, and games that are related. I know that I'm going to take a deep breath after reading something that might get me upset a little. In conclusion, I think it would be a good idea if we could get along with each other, even if it's just being able to tolerate one other person. Thank you listening to what I have to say.

Well disagreeing over computers (or whatever) doesn't to me imply not getting along. People are going to have different views on all sorts of things.

And yes, this is a Civilization site, but the "Colosseum" forum is generally for non-Civilization related topics, as I understand it.

Yes I did say things about America a little while back. But, if you would have read a little while later, I also said I was sorrow for saying what I did. So obviously you are trying to pit a fight because you only choose to write only one thing I said without pointing out what I said later on about being sorry for it.

For a laptop: Mac. Regardless of what laptop you buy, upgradability is very limited, and you have no option of building your own laptop. For similar hardware there is little to no price difference. In addition, the Mac can run Windows and Linux as well as OS X.
While looking at MacBook options, I noticed that Windows laptops were considerably cheaper - The first site I came onto found one £300 cheaper than the cheapest MacBook.

I'm a PC person, but I would like a MacBook - I just wish they'd be cheaper.

Depends for what you want.

PCs: Pretty much needed for gaming, as well as more help from friends, as they most likely have a PC as well.

Macs: Better for development software (IE: Photoshop, sound software, etc.), less viruses, but too few games.

In other words, PCs FTW! :D

After this I'm going to try not to post anything new on this thread. My opinion is upsetting to many people. As I said earlier, I am sorry for making anyone upset. I do thank you for talking about this subject even though we do not see eye to eye.

After this I'm going to try not to post anything new on this thread. My opinion is upsetting to many people. As I said earlier, I am sorry for making anyone upset. I do thank you for talking about this subject even though we do not see eye to eye.

It's not just you, there's also some very sensitive people here :rolleyes:. Amazing how some people can be so touchy about this subject.

I do think a MacBook Pro with Vista installed would be the Ultimate system :D, if only I had the money :crazyeye:.

Macs: Better for development software (IE: Photoshop, sound software, etc.), less viruses, but too few games.
It's not clear that's true, especially as Photoshop is available for Windows too. At one time, supposedly Photoshop was optimised for PowerPC, but obviously that advantage is lost now that both OSs use x86.

Macs: better if youre an insufferable conceited jackass who projects a self image based on consumer goods.
PCs: better if youre a nerd who projects their self image based on wolf t shirts.

I chose PCs because I like customizing the parts in my PC, and when I want an upgrade, I don't have to wait for the computer manufacturer to decide it's time to upgrade, I just buy whatever processor/graphics card I want.

I hear this yet it never makes sense to me. I have never needed a mac yet use extensively video editing to edit and create DVDs, multimedia presentations along with web based video, photo editing using photoshop, 3d modelling using 3ds max and various other animation programs, and recorded music, mixed and edited music all from a PC.

Dont believe those ads or the hype that you need a mac to do creative things. I have nothing against them or those who use them but I have achieved everything ive ever needed to in a creative sense using a PC and there is a plethora of options ranging from free and beginner learning to expensive proffesional software with steep learning curves.

So bottom line is I can attest that you do not need a mac to do creative things and most likely have less options in software available.

Top Bottom